[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games with only one redeeming feature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: finalfantasyxiii.png (131 KB, 441x295) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasyxiii.png
131 KB, 441x295
Music
>>
>>338349410
Pic not related, then, as the graphics were great, enemy-design very nice, cast one of the best in the series (with some real character development and surprises), and combat's simply fun (>inb4 "Muh autobattle!!")
>>
>>338349773
this
>>
>/v/ suddenly likes Final Fantasy XIII
Oh, what do you know. It has been over 5 years since it came out, hasn't it. The cycle at work.
>>
>>338349773
>He tolerates Auto Battle
>>
>>338350751
it seems the only people that praise it in all aspects never played an earlier final fantasy and then compare it to ffx without even touching ffx

just ignore them
>>
>>338350880
I tolerate it, but I find it near useless the further you play the game. Already before the half point of XIII, I was already using mostly manual combos + the Repeat function, creating OP attack sets that the game's algorithm or AI never came up, ending fights in mere seconds at best.

>>338350976
I personally don't praise all its elements, but I did like the game far, far more than I ever expected to do, judging solely on the buzz around it.

I had already player every single main-series' FF game, some of the spinoffs, and many other JRPGs before XIII came out, and even then I did end up liking it a lot more than certain older titles in the series.
>>
>>338350880
Auto battle will literally fuck your shit up.
You need to start to manually input the commands if you want to win battles.
>>
best combat system in the series
not even joking
>>
>>338349773

The story was ok. The characters sucked but the idea was ok. The music and visuals were nice. The combat was fucking piss poor though. All of this coupled with the incredibly shitty gearing methods and lack of side content really made it a poor game in my eyes. I have never had to force myself through a final fantasy game like I did with this one. Oh I guess thats wrong FF8 made me feel this way as well.
>>
>>338349773

>cast one of the best in the series

Literally the only good character is Sazh. Fuck off dude. the game is shit
>>
>>338349410
No DLC is a plus to me
>>
>>338352445

But FFVIII is one of the few FF games with meaningful side quest content. No idea why everyone seems to use FFVIII as the go to example for everything bad. When other games did things much worse. Like FFX or XII lumping all the side quest content into the end of the game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.