[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wait what's a trade war with asia mean for imports ie like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: imrs.jpg (19 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
imrs.jpg
19 KB, 480x270
wait what's a trade war with asia mean for imports

ie like you know, videogames, consoles
>>
guys
>>
there hasn't been a single new console worth owning for at least a decade
>>
>>338348308
The wii came out in 2006. It is the best console of last gen.
>>
Don't know, but i also don't care, i don't buy consoles anymore and i don't think i can't even remember when's the last time i bought a physical copy for a game.
>>
>>338350364
Only if you softmod that shit.
>>
k majority of everything you have made in your computer right now

china

so let's rethink
>>
>>338348004
isn't the washington post owned by one of the moguls that hasn't been able to get trump to do his bidding?
>>
>>338350902
Easiest thing in the world to achieve.

I keep giving people hacked wiis for their birthdays because I know they have spare hard drives.
40 bucks and you have every semi decent game on a disc you could ask for.
>>
let's put aside conspiracy and neoliberalism and jews and whatnot

and hypothetically our president starts a trade war

what does that trade war, hypothetically, mean for the products you use to play videogames, or like use the internet, you know _computer stuff_

when a majority of that is made overseas
>>
>>338351726
>steamcodes are made in russia
>>
>>338351726
Most video game and computer shit is american, at least in terms of the people selling them.

The actual factories are in taiwan usually, not china
>>
duuh hardware, smartass

"However, this will not be first count of Dell manufacturing its products in China as the firm already has a manufacturing facility in Xiamen. Dell is currently the third largest PC vendor in the world behind Hewlett-Packard and Lenovo, but is still ahead of players like Acer and Apple."
>>
>>338351971

tradewars wouldn't be limited to just china like.

like someone help me out here all i'm really seeing is that you're gonna see astronomical prices for the shit you need for /v/ for reasons that i don't get like
>>
>>338352114
Again I think that is highly unlikely since we are on good relations with the countries that manufacturer computer components.

No one is interested in start a tradewar with Japan or Taiwan
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 159x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 159x160
>>338352284

honest question, cause i can't conceive of this any other way

are you literally living under a goddamn rock
>>
>>338352454
What do you not understand. China is not Japan or Taiwan.

Donald Trump generally is concerned with low skill factory jobs, and making transistors and other components isn't that low skill. The chinese do more shit like making shoes and other things of that nature.

That is what he promises to try to bring back to the US, factories that make transistors using extremely advanced machinery.
>>
do you not understand where sony gets their processors for their products

or amd
or intel
>>
>>338352897
Taiwan and Japan, not china
>>
>>338352947

i don't think you get the concept of "trade war"
>>
>>338352947

if you want to tell me that tariffs on china aren't going to impact the prices of good sold out of japan and china i want to show you a bridge to sell you a bridge in the san francisco area
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.