[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homeworld Remaster is getting a "Remaster" patch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
They are actually adding ballistics back in a patch.

http://www.fistsofheaven.com/gearbox-homeworld-remastered-patch/
>>
Finally
>>
>>338345863
Pretty impressed that Gearbox is not just dropping the game and leaving it broken.
>>
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
And formations getting fixed, too? About damn time.
>>
>>338346724
I'm pretty sure it's still blackbird interactive still the one working on it not gearbox
>>
Wait a sec. If they're changing to the ballistic system from HW1, aren't they just flipping the situation to have HW2 be borked instead of HW1.

Not that what happens with the HW2 campaign really matters. It's just a thought.
>>
File: 1426099680432.jpg (173 KB, 1280x612) Image search: [Google]
1426099680432.jpg
173 KB, 1280x612
>>338346724

I was pretty odd of them to buy Homeworld as a "passion IP" and then abandon the Remaster that was half assely done. I always disagreed with their decision of using the HW2 engine as base because of how many problems it would cause, like it did, but I really never expected them to code ballistics and formations back into that rigid engine.

While I'm pleased it also feels like a huge wasted effort. They should really have improved on the HW1 engine instead (as Cata showed that engine had a lot of potential) or made something entirely new.

>>338347319

Blackbird and Gearbox's Homeworld team are two entirely different teams. During DoK's launch I was active on Blackbird's Discord chat and the devs there told me that they never even touched HWR's code. The only interaction the teams had was when Gearbox lent the first HWR mission skybox for DoK's night skies.

I wish they'd merge and work on a Homeworld 3 but I don't really see it happening.
>>
>>338347509
Yes, they said HW2 portion will also now have HW1 ballistics etc, but that's an improvement you faggot, HW2 was rushed originally and deliberately dumbed down.
>>
>>338347583
shit I didn't know about the relationship between BBI and Gearbox was like this

It kind of makes me sad about the remaster but it has raised gb in my esteem a little, i genuinely didn't think they were capable of doing anything right
>>
Is this game good and easy to play?
>>
>>338347641

HW2 would need to be remade, not remastered, in order to fix everything they got wrong with it.

>>338348063

Well I can tell you that the devs there had a huge desire to work on HW3 and follow through the Dust Wars ideas that were scrapped during HW2's development. I recall shooting them a few questions about that and they said that it is pretty much in Gearbox's hands if it will happen or not. Fingers crossed I suppose.
>>
>>338348158
it is good and fairly intuitive, but the AI from mission to mission will build exactly the fleet that counters what you currently have, so that's kind of a bitch
>>
>>338347583
>They should really have improved on the HW1 engine instead (as Cata showed that engine had a lot of potential) or made something entirely new.
Yeah it was a bit weird but I think they said HW1 engine was a mess code wise and would be too hard to update to something acceptable.

>>338347641
>Yes, they said HW2 portion will also now have HW1 ballistics etc
That's awesome.
>>
Finally an excuse to finish my playthrough
>>
bread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJkoBNOPvjU
>>
>>338349097
Now if only they'd put that back in...
>>
>>338349293
Too expensive I heard.
>>
>>338349293

I heard they tried but getting the license back was either too expensive or outright refused.

Fucking cunts. The game's ending movie is in webm format, there was one floating around during release with the YES song in, all you had to do was replace it.
>>
>>338349293
>>338349428
>>338349435
It wasn't "too expensive".
As per original contract with Yes (the one from original Homeworld) they'd need to give 15% royalties from sales to Yes.
Randy Shitford the Kike said no.
>>
>>338349576

15% cut is outright fucking expensive for an end credits song.

They brought back almost every voice actor and they didn't ask for royalties like those jews did.
>>
>>338349576
>they'd need to give 15% royalties from sales to Yes.
Sounds pretty expensive to me.
>>
>>338349663
>>338349797
>actually defending Jewbox
>actually defending contract breeching
You do realize that they didn't ask for more right? They offered to extend the contract same as it was originally.
The song was also composed specially for the game you know, it wasn't just random licensed track.
The blame is entirely on Gearbox also 15% from a niche game that sells fuckall is hardly expensive, game sold maybe 100.000 copies so they'd still have money from 85.000 of those copies.

You subhuman nigger jew cocksuckers should get cancer and die for defending Jewdy Shitford.
>>
>>338349941

>They offered to extend the contract same as it was originally.

Can you please source this claim?
>>
File: 1777.jpg (40 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1777.jpg
40 KB, 399x388
>dat feel when no Cataclysm expansion because source code got lost
>>
File: zxc.png (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zxc.png
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>338350172
You do realize you can just play the original right? Literally all you need to do is set Compatibility Mode to Windows NT4.0 and it just werks.
Same with original Homeworld.
>>
File: benis.png (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
471 KB, 1920x1080
>>338350360
>>
It's pretty obvious that the heart of Yes was in Anderson and the jews got rid of him so now they control the band.
Read the whole story:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ex-yes-frontman-jon-anderson-opens-up-about-getting-fired-20110706?page=2

tl;dr Anderson was sick and had to take a break so they literally fired him without even telling him and got a replacement sound-alike and he only learned of it later after the fact, from a friend unrelated to the band.
None of the band members said anything to him despite being basically family for years.

Giant fucking dick move.

I bet you that it's also those new band owners that demanded impossible money for licensing the track, as it was originally Anderson that wrote the song and he wrote it specially for the game because the game's story appealed to him.
Source: https://youtu.be/0F0SQVFWUk0?t=11m15s
>>
>>338350895
well that's depressing
>>
>>338350172
tfw I couldn't bring myself to like cataclysm because it lost the clean, aesthetic beauty and epic-feeling story the original had, and to this day I just don't like it even though everybody says it is the best out of the three gameplay-wise

I know I'm missing out I just can't fucking do it
>>
>>338351347
JUST
FUCKING
DO
IT
STOP BEING A FAGGOT
PLAY IT
>>
Deserts of Kharak wasn't bad it just runs like shit. Either way more homeworld so I'm happy.
>>
File: cat BLEUGH.jpg (371 KB, 1052x1463) Image search: [Google]
cat BLEUGH.jpg
371 KB, 1052x1463
>>338351392
>>
>>338351347

Cata is a fucking gem of a game and so far no other game has done strategy and horror combined so well. Plus it had a great story and voice acting.
>>
>>338351516
Kill yourself
>>
>>338349941
>"give me nearly a quarter of your revenue to reuse some shit I already made years ago just for some ending credits sequence"
>not being a bunch of greedy nigger kikelords

Not even defending Gearbox or Jewdy Shitford but that takes being a kike to new levels.
>>
>>338352261
See >>338350895
Current Yes has literally nothing to do with Anderson who actually wrote and composed the song and liked the game.
Modern Yes is literally a cover band. It's almost entirely made out of replacements.
>>
>>338352261
Going by >>338350895 the guy that wrote it isn't even in the band anymore. And the other guys in the band sound like faggots.
>>
>>338352379
>>338352452

That would explain it then I guess.
>>
If anyone actually cares about Yes, the REAL Yes (at least part of it) with Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman is supposedly releasing new album this year and making world tour next year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson,_Rabin_and_Wakeman

But seriously modern Yes has no Anderson and no Squire, both of whom were the fucking people that actually formed the band.
They also have no Bruford and no Wakeman.

The fucking lead singer singer, drummer, keyboard and guitarist were all replaced.

It's a fucking jewish cover band right now out for money.
The only ones from the "glory days" even still in the band are Howe and White whom are the greedy kikes that cared more about money than band integrity in the first place.

GG
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.