[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just learned my PS3 can play PS1 games, and I've had this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: LegendOfDragoon.jpg (44 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
LegendOfDragoon.jpg
44 KB, 256x245
I just learned my PS3 can play PS1 games, and I've had this laying around. What am I in for?
>>
>>338341438

just above mediocre compared to the PS1 RPG greats, but a good game on it's own merits.

The battle system is a fun if you have a good sense of rhythm, but timing can be strict. Hope your TV isn't laggy.
>>
How do you just find that out? All PS3s can play PS1 games.
>>
>>338341438
>start playing this game
>get to the opening cutscene
>forced dubbed dialogue
>no option to change it
Fucking dropped
>>
>>338341608
I grew up on Nintendo, not Playstation. I just got into collectings games from playstation, apparently mine can play PS2 games too, or at least, it told me I could create a save file for them?
>>
>>338341664
kys
>>
>>338341438
a difficult life.

You have to be a straight up fucking retarded to have just found this out.
>>
>>338341721
>>338341682
Yea.
>>
File: 1370506274809.jpg (16 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1370506274809.jpg
16 KB, 500x558
>>338341682
>not being an idort from the beginning
>not at least growing up with SEGA
>>
>>338341664
Yes the voice acting is atrocious but it's still a really fun game.
>>
>>338341778
I grew up on sega too, but mainly sonic and ecco. The genesis was never mine. Owned by a neighbor.
>>
VOLCANOOO
>>
>>338341608
PS3 slim can't unless you get them off PSN
>>
YO HOLDON, AM I SUPPOSED TO JUST PRESS X WITH THIS BOX THING!?
>>
>>338341972
I've owned every model and this is false. My fat played them, my slim played them and my super slim played them.
>>
>>338341438
fun combo system, story and characters that had potential but were ruined by one of the worst translations I've ever seen, good OST, shit world map

also speed and magic defense break the game
>>
>>338342171
>story and characters that had potential but were ruined by one of the worst translations I've ever seen
I definitely agree with the translation being bad, but I've played the Japanese version and desu, the story is flat either way. Dart is clueless, Shana only wants his dick, etc. Rose is the only one who has any kind of depth.
Also, you can't but Legend Casques at Lohan.
>>
>>338342093
>tfw just tried playing my copy of FFVII on my slim
>it fucking works
Fuck you
>>
>>338342692
>Dart is clueless, Shana only wants his dick

that's a shame, I hated these two, especially shana
at least she gets replaced
>>
ROD THYPHOON!!!
>>
>>338342872
No, fuck YOU! :^)
>>
Pretty good music. Solid character models for psx and very good pre rendered backgrounds. Story starts out lukewarm, and only gets worse as time goes on, pretty much dies when THAT character dies (you know the one). Combat was pretty fun to master but got really stale as there's really no depth. Dragoon forms are cool but limited with only 5 spells for everyone that's not Dart. The spell animations are fucking awesome, but go on WAY too long and are unskippable. Voice acting is hilariously awful, and poorly translated dialogue.

it's just okay
>>
>>338341438
A very fun, but niche title. It is one of those titles that receives a lot of requests for a remake or sequel, but doesn't receive a lot of love on /v/. In that sense, you might not like it if you are part of the neo-/v/ crowd, aka those people that complain that games are made for casuals, but then go and make the opposite complaint when games are made for niches.
>>
Fucking love this game. Max nostalgia level inducing soundtrack and design. Too bad my grandpa sold it at a flea market in 2003. But he gave me the money and I got some bootleg yugioh cards. Good times.
>>
>>338343380
Dart's the only one that gets 5 spells. Everyone else gets less. Kongol gets like 2.
>>
File: 1446777720981.gif (3 MB, 445x326) Image search: [Google]
1446777720981.gif
3 MB, 445x326
>The Winglies built a machine to divert all human souls to hell.
>>
>>338341972
PS2 functionality is the only thing that changed between PS3s. PS1 functionality was in all versions. PS2 started off with superior hardware emulation, then went to software emulation, then went to Sony hiding the feature.
>>
i wish the addition system was in some modern RPGS

sure its repetitive but its way more fun than clicking attack
>>
>>338343850
I meant to say 4 per character. Dart gets 6 total, and Kongol gets 3.
>>
>>338341438
Weak voice acting, bit graphically bad.
But otherwise a great god damn game.
Spend a lot of time grinding additions
>>
>>338344508
This. Additions count for damage output more than anything, including equipment. You can also get everyone's final additions by disc two if you really spend the time grinding it. Then everything is easy mode.
>>
>>338343742
What if I don't like it, but I think it deserves a remake? Why do you have to bring board politics into everything?
>>
>>338344508

sure the 3d parts were meh

but goddamn those backgrounds were superb
>>
The Legend of Dragoon
>>
>>338345512
>What if I don't like it, but I think it deserves a remake?
Then you are a functioning human being that is able to accept that everything is not made for you? Hell, games would be awesome again if it went back to 10% of them being made for me, and 90% of them being made for someone else, rather than every game trying to focus on opening itself to a bigger crowd. Some companies still try to focus on that attitude, but not enough of them.

Your second sentence makes it seem as if you aren't a functioning human being though. You don't want to recognize a confusing mindset that is clearly present on the board just because it hurts your feelings.
>>
>that feel when you could nail gust of wind dance with eyes closed but fucked up every dragoon attack
>>
DOUBLE SLASH
>>
>>338346725
I recognize the issue, you're making assumptions, such as assuming that /v/ is one person and the it's always the exact same people complaining about casuals and about niche games.
>>
>>338346910
It's always the last fucking input that fucks me up.
>>
>>338346910
>>338347418
Ultimate Wargod man. Never fail again.
>>
>>338347802
Man, I feel like that ruins the point though. The normal additions are fine, but those dragoon additions suck dick, I wanna use it to avoid dragoon additions, but don't to continue using normals. Fucking sucks man.
>>
File: Rolling on mounts.jpg (29 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
Rolling on mounts.jpg
29 KB, 500x380
>>338341438
a kind of cold and aloof bitch who starts warming up to you and becomes the perfect waifu but then you literally get cucked by your dad so you have to settle for the chick which wants your dick but is like a sister to you

not even joking
>>
>>338341438
FF7 killer.
>>
>>338347260
Are you new? Neo-/v/ isn't a term to describe a single person, but rather the mentality that has spread across /v/ as /v/'s popularity took a rapid increase. During this time, intolerance towards liking any game increased, but especially towards casual games and niche games. This isn't an assumption. Learn to read what was written. For example;

>you might not like it if you are part of the neo-/v/ crowd
If I was claiming that everyone hates both casual and niche titles, I would not use the word "might".

Also, intolerance towards LoD has skyrocketed since /v/ became popular.
>>
>>338341438

Mediocrity
>>
>>338348263
Congratulations, you learned a new term on your first year. It still had no reason being brought up, and you just wanted to bring it up to talk about your "knowledge" on the subject.
>intolerance towards LoD has skyrocketed since /v/ became popular
That's pretty fucking funny, considering on release it was a mixed bag critically, and most people only considered it "okay" at best. But no, go ahead, show me your line graph depicting /v/ "disgust" values from 2003 to 2016.
>>
File: 1460131282743.jpg (25 KB, 407x379) Image search: [Google]
1460131282743.jpg
25 KB, 407x379
>>338348050
>NTR
Get this game the FUCK off this board
>>
File: Zieg_rose.jpg (61 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Zieg_rose.jpg
61 KB, 400x240
>>338348841
It's true though.

Hell, Zieg even cucks Dart out of his dragoon spirit and never gives it back
>>
MADNESS HEROOOOOOooooOOooOooO...
>>
>>338348765
>That's pretty fucking funny, considering on release it was a mixed bag critically, and most people only considered it "okay" at best
You don't seem to understand what intolerance means. Not liking a game doesn't make you intolerant. Actively going out of your way to shit on a game makes you intolerant. LoD used to be a niche game loved by a decent sized group of people. Now it is a "bad" game that has to be avoided by everyone. I haven't seen a thread that was capable of being civil about discussing the game. Hell, some people in here tried, but the thread was already being shit on in the beginning because of OP not knowing his PS3 could play PS1 games.

>Congratulations, you learned a new term on your first year.
I started browsing 4chan right before /v/ was even created, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
>>
>>338350465
The game is "bad." This has been understood for a very long time now. The portion of people who dislike it are more vocal now than ever however.
>>
>>338350816
It isn't bad, just niche. Yet again, that mentality that every game must be made for you. I bet you consider FFVIII bad too.
>>
>>338341438

One of, if not the best JRPG that isn't Final Fantasy VI - X.

It still hurts that where will never be a sequel.
>>
>>338341438
The original "The big enemy you just fought at the end of an arc ends up joining your party afterward" game
>>
>>338341438
Hmm, is there some sort of list of JRPGs that take a more unique approach to battle? For example, Dragoon, Legaia, Chrono Cross, and so on. I need to expand my list beyond those 3, although I still need to finish Dragoon and restart Legaia.
>>
>>338351571
Huh? I only recall this happening once in the game with Kongol. When else did this supposedly happen in the game?
>>
>>338352363
That's who he's talking about. You fight Kongol like 3 times then he finally joins you
>>
>>338352808
But the way he said it implies that this shit happens a lot throughout the game, not just a single god damn time...
>>
the boss themes were pretty good in this game
>>
>>338353341
I guess he means it's far more annoying cause kongol was strong as fuck, then becomes literally useless when he joins your team.

Didn't annoy me too much, I still thought he was badass and the game doesn't need any min maxing to get through.
>>
>>338341438
I always wondered why this game never gets mentioned compared to FF games from ps1.

I actually beat this game as a kid. I remember the final boss fight taking like an hour to win.
>>
>>338341438
always wanted dart to fuck rose
>>
>>338344357
Dart has 4 bro. Flame Shot, Explosion, Final Burst and his Dragoon. Not counting the other two b/c that's literally 2 min before the game ends
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.