[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went So right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 512x288
What went So right?
>>
>>338340984
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>338340984
Nothing
>>
>>338340984
Uhh... well, the OST is kind of above average, I guess?

Can't think of anything else though.
>>
>>338340984
there were a good amount of female and minority leaders
>>
The expansion I guess?
>>
>>338342610
He asked what went right, anon, not what went wrong.

Also:
>Africa
>Space Travel
>>
File: ps3nogames.jpg (48 KB, 346x229) Image search: [Google]
ps3nogames.jpg
48 KB, 346x229
I liked how the difficulty levels were named after real spacecraft/programs.
>>
I feel like it would be better if civs had more OP abilities and have less of them in the map at the same time. War is very fun but a very late game thibg because you spent all of your early game effort fighting bugs and acquiring health. They need to make it less boring to get to the late game units and also Promised Land needs to be less bullshit. You literally need to conquer the planet to achieve it. A military victory is easier than promised land.
>>
The expansion and sea cities were great but fuck ME this game gets boring so much quicker than Civ 5.
>>
>>338340984
You have shit taste, so that pile of garbage must have looked like the best game ever to you.
>>
>>338340984
Nothing. Firaxis is dead.
>>
being able to build on water
>>
>>338340984
It got me to dig out my SMAC disc and reinstall that vastly superior game.
>>
It still needs another expansion to really flesh things out. It's still doesn't allow for much variety. I love the meta though, the fictional leaders all feel pretty plausible.
>>
>>338340984

I liked the use of policies. But not much else was that great. The biggest problem with the game is too much focus on Miasma. It means every planet is exactly the same in design. And it gets old seeing endless black and blue landscape.

Then of course, the UI is horrible. All the icons look the same save for a circle or hexagon outline. Having a non linear tech tree is nice, but not when you can't quickly see what you'r teching towards. Wonders are also pointless. They have less of an impact than a tile improvement.

The game has plenty of good ideas, but poor implementation.
>>
With Social Engineering and the SMAC leaders it's super fun t b h.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.