[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have five seconds to provide a convincing argument on why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: dark-soul-3-wiki-skill-reset.jpg (149 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
dark-soul-3-wiki-skill-reset.jpg
149 KB, 800x450
You have five seconds to provide a convincing argument on why we should have finite respecs/alters per playthrough.
>>
>>338333793
It's retarded and I disagree with it but I don't think there's enough build variety to respect 5 times in one playthrough
>>
File: 1462323631635.png (1 MB, 1280x1560) Image search: [Google]
1462323631635.png
1 MB, 1280x1560
>>338334260
So you faggot cannot change your build every other week to follow the trend like a little bitch who just copies whatever you find on reddit you fucking cocksucker
>>
>>338334427
What does my love for cock have to do with anything?
>>
>>338334260
I think it's generous that they give you five. I feel like part of the challenge is to design a character who can withstand the obstacles ahead, and if you fail to allocate your stats appropriately then that's on you. Maybe a single respec would be okay, as it makes the game less punishing for those new to the genre, but I see them as an appeal to the casuals who failed at making a good enough character in the first game and wanted an easy way out.

Dark Souls III was the easiest Souls game, aside from Bloodborne. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as challenging as I had hoped.
>>
Because it's still an RPG with action elements. Letting you go back and respec to combat a specific situation defeats the purpose of building your character up. Not even Fallout lets you do that.

>>338334427
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>338334260
you have 5 seconds to provide a convincing argument on why we should have an infinite amount.
>>
>>338334707
this is bait,right?
>>
5 is already too much

I'd prefer none but knowin From balancing I can see why they have them in
>>
>>338334427
>pussy that plump on a mummy

nah
>>
part of the appeal of a game like Dark Souls is building a strong character. Respeccing pretty much means you failed.

If you want to make an entirely new, utterly different character type then you're expected to make a new character and start their journey from scratch.
>>
>>338334260
I think that's five too many, desu.
>>
>>338334707
>>338334771
>>338334896
>this much hate for respec

jesus anon it's not cheating or cheezing

the pve is easy enough as it is and i seriously doubt anyone has respec'd just for pve. and even if you couldn't respec the answer to needing different stats would still just be to grind up. you can get co-op well into SL120 and presumably beyond. there is no reason to not overlevel if you're struggling.
>>
>>338334260

cuz you'll turn into a slug, dumbass
>>
respecs are awful, they kill replayability, foster entitlement and shift focus away from the actual game and onto the (always shit) 'end game'

I wish all games had no respecs. It's what made diablo 2 great
>>
>>338334260
I don't have one but I got a question OP. Why the fuck would you want to respec more then 5 times? What the fuck lad
>>
File: dragonslayer_swordspear.png (15 KB, 189x278) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer_swordspear.png
15 KB, 189x278
how do i get gud with this weapon?
>>
>>338334260
Because unlike the current state of affairs in this shit country, making decisions used to have consequences. The fuck is the point of respeccing six thousand times? Why even have stats or builds? Just make everyone fucking the same. You stupid little cum guzzling new age faggot. Live with your choices, fucking shit sipping nigger. Fuck I'm triggered.
>>
>>338335587
Just R1. The range and speed always fucks me up
>>
>>338334826
No? I mean, I always exaggerate my opinions when posting on this site, but that post pretty much sums them up.
>>
>>338334707
>>338335161
>seriously doubt anyone has respec'd just for pve.
I'm not big into the whole respec thing, but as far as PVP goes I can see why people would like to change their build. I perhaps wouldn't mind as much if respecs were harder to get, like you needed to give up a boss weapon, or an estus shard or something more valuable in order to do it.
>>
>>338334260
Because
>>
>>338334260
It exists just to frustrate and annoy the player.
Like many other souls mechanics. Its just there to get in the way for no meaningful purpose.
>>
It discourages players from doing various playthroughs with different set of stats which is why I don't enjoy the idea of allowing players to reallocate stats.
>>
Why do you need more? During my 200+ hours of Dark Souls 2, I respec'd maybe 3 times total, across 8 or 9 different characters.
>>
>>338335364
They're voluntary at least. I don't know why people play rpg games and feel so against the idea that developing their character has permanent consequences.
>>
>>338337565
>being unemployed
>>
>>338337576
>I don't need thing so you don't need it too
>>
>>338337686
>craving dicks
>>
It's obviously to encourage going onto NG+

How fucking stupid is this board
>>
>>338337863
That wasn't a rhetorical question, I'm legitimately curious.
>>
What weapon has the best damage now that BKGA is dead?
>>
>>338338036
If I want to try different builds on PVP without needing to play the game from scratch, for example.
You can get all miracles/spells/pyromancies in the same playthrought so why not giving some unlimited way to change your playstyle in a game with pvp elements?
>>
>>338334260
i put so many ponts on vit not knowing poise didnt work
>>
>>338334260
They couldn't figure out a way to encourage people to do NG+ besides mechanics like this.

Though if you are on PC you just have to sit in front of this lady, then copy paste the save file somewhere. Bam infinite respecs.
>>
>>338337278
never played this game but why did that weapon push you if there is a wall between you and it?
>>
>>338338027
It discourages it, why would you move on to a higher difficulty with stats all already allocated in exactly where you want it?

If you had fucked up stats you'd probably do it to gain more levels and fix it, reallocation does nothing but ruin the need to do various playthroughs or even go further in the game it's a bad design element that does nothing good but ruin the desire to replay it.
>>
>>338338319
Enemies' hits ignore walls meanwhile player hits don't
>>
>>338338319
weapon glitch it wasnt supposed to happen
>>
>>338338213
Because that implies this game's entire focus is on PvP, and not multi-singleplayer interaction.
>>
>>338334427
Dancer is not for sexual
>>
>>338338416
Some enemies do have a couple attacks that bounce off walls
>>
>>338334260
There isn't one, pale tongues were enough of a price, not like a normal person would ever use all 5 respecs though.
>>
>>338338234
Fuck this. I did the same thing. Its stupid as FUCK they don't explain how poise works this time.
>>
>>338334260
Don't want to waste 15 hours to restart a game because I didn't know better or changed my battle style taste or just bored with the current one.
>>
>>338338503
>Because that implies this game's entire focus is on PvP
For some people it might be, so why not? PvP is the thing that moves the community and it's where the replay value comes in, why would an optional mechanic suddenly destroy the game's value?
>>
>>338338879
>For some people it might be, so why not?
Because that's the minority of the fanbase, who are primarily focused on multi-singleplayer interaction. Most people are interested in running through the story multiple times using their characters they have crafted over the course of the game, maybe even through multiple playthroughs, and it feels fitting that if their character is utterly worthless, they start fresh and get the meaningful growth and practice along the way. They allowed a finite degree of build switching, but mostly because a complete 180 may simply be what someone wants, and if you feel the need to constantly keep switching builds for every single boss battle or player encounter, you're probably not interested in your own character at that point. Just PvP or PvE meta.
>>
>>338339405
>Most people are interested in running through the story multiple times using their characters they have crafted over the course of the game
It's an optional feature
>>
>>338339484
And that's why it's finite. Why do you care so much that it be absolutely unlimited? How often are you changing your character's entire structure that the fact that the numerous options you have to respect are legitimately never enough?
>>
>>338339484
it still impacts people that don't use it, by shifting focus away from the leveling game to the cap, since fewer people are leveling up again. This is why WoW was ruined.
>>
>>338339612
>And that's why it's finite
That doesn't explain anything, you also didn't gave any real reasons of why is finite apart of your own headcannon about the 'fanbase'. You can just back up a save and respec infinite times, so why not just make it easier for whoever want to PvP with the same character?
>>
>>338334260
shouldn't have any respecs at all you fuckheads, just make a new character
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.