[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: classic owrms.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
classic owrms.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Do you remember this game? The franchise is a classic and doesn't get enough attention. It is the perfect blend of strategy and skill. I remember a cheat you could do in the dos version to uzi steel girders, it was boss. W:A, arguably the most polished, is currently maintained and is running free servers.
>>
I have it on my android. Worms armageddon. The AI is a cheating sack of shit
>>
I play Worms Armageddon with buds of mine to this day.

My favorite was Worms 2 though, because of how crazy fun the weapons editor was in it.
>>
Worms is great but I guess there wasn't really much more they could do with it and their attempts to take it to 3D were a bit crap.
>>
>>338333192
I love the cheating AI

They're insanely fucking accurate, but not really smart. It's fun outsmarting them.

I think I like Single Player Worms than multiplayer worms
>4v4
Too balanced

>4v12
Now this is fun
>>
>>338333439
The new 2D ones miss the mark too, quite frankly. They try to come up with new ideas (like different worm classes that have different attributes) but it just detracts from the solid base of the game.

Although I did like Open Warfare 2 on the DS; had some fun playing that over the wi-fi.
>>
What's the most recent one on Steam? Alternatively, what's the best one I can still play online with buddies on Steam?
>>
The AI has always had issues with being limited in what weapons or moves they would do. On the other hand if you play online you get spastic foreigners who will kill you only using the ninja rope. I remember it was an NFL divisional playoff that I was interested in, but I had just got re-interested in the game and it was my first time in forever playing worms multiplayer. The guy was obviously better than me but I out-manouevored him and by the skin of my foreskin, I won that match. I will always remember the feeling of pure ownership and unquestioned skill, but I have forgotten the football game.
>>
>>338333674
Armageddon.
>>
>>338333674
Worms Armageddon is on steam, while Worms Revolution I believe is the latest.

World Party is on Steam too, but lacks in netplay capabilities, while Armageddon is still kept running by fans.
>>
>>338333674
Clan Wars is the newest
2D battleground, but 3D graphics, very mod-friendly for sound effects that shares online. 30fps animations (but the game is 60fps), boring rope mechanics. Overall it's a'ight

The upcoming Worms WMD is going back to 2D graphics, that's all I know about it.
>>
>>338333439
I liked Worms 3D. The second one with the strongholds was bullshit and missed the point way too hard
>>
>>338333674
This is also coming out Soon™
>>
Be wary of going online in Armageddon just to have simple fun, though.

There are long time players who have developed their own household rules that they choose and agree on before a match starts to spice things up. While they provide some variety and more strategy to long time players, they can be weird for someone who just wants to screw around in full wormage or something.
>>
File: bb.png (385 KB, 1366x744) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
385 KB, 1366x744
Armageddon seems to have players whenever I check, even at 5AM right now when most of the players are asleep.
It's fun, but everything anyone plays nowadays is shopper and hysteria.
>>
OP here. Look I love worms but the whole reason I started this thread was to make a request: I want someone to record me some short clips of their voice saying things a personal assistant would say, but in ethnic voices, or at least voices that aren't similar mine. I want to use these sounds as notifications on my smartphone. That way when I'm out and about I can weird people out because that makes me giggle. Didn't anyone notice my sweet straight flush? Don't you owe me or something?
>>
>>338334360
I wish people played more Worms competetively
Same rules everytime. I had some good Worms matches on Xbox360 thanks to the Ranked matchamking
>>
>>338334575
what kind of bizarre shitposting is this
>>
>>338334607
I played Open Warfare 2 in ranked matchmaking quite a lot, but naturally that felt limiting when compared to playing Armageddon with buds.

While worms would make for a great competitive game, the original games came out too long ago and the series has trouble remaining relevant to more casual players.
>>
>>338334575
The reason I posted here and not /b/ is because I wanted to long con you idiots, AND because I'm getting drunk and stoned tonight as the girlfriend is out of town. Truth is, I don't even have a foreskin as I previously implied! I'm circumcised like a true privileged gentleman (and it truly is a privilege), just wanted you all to know that. But in all honesty, I just want these damned ring dings. Make it happen. What do I have to do for you young kids? I will stomp you in worms then wave my obviously superior wormdom in your puffy, dinner roll-like face and preach to you about how the uncircumcised known even in themselves that they wish they had a beautiful dick like mine. What do I have to do to get these ring dings? They must be so I can download them as .mp3 or native android sound format. I will reply shortly with some suggestions on what you could record for me. I will do what it takes.
>>
>>338335170
0 reason for not having ranked modes and casual modes in modern gaming
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.