[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superhero/villain games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Skitter by Cactusfantastico.png (1 MB, 1024x1638) Image search: [Google]
Skitter by Cactusfantastico.png
1 MB, 1024x1638
Is there a good superhero/villain game (open world or not) where the main character doesn't feel too powerful?

In InFamous and Prototype you already start out as a death machine and only get more ridicoules later on, the Batman Arkham games were better in that regard but punching through a group still felt a tad too easy (although I suppose it's the point of Batman to be a scary unstoppable force)

I want taking out a group of thugs using superpowers/gadgets to be scary and hard but very possible and rewarding when done.

pic semi related

Are there even any games set around superpowers that aren't open world? I can only think of Dishonored.
>>
Worm made me feel things ;-;
>>
>>338330651
Am interested in this too.
>>
>>338331127
I never really liked superpower themed things but Worm seriously fucked me up and had me reading for days straight, the setting is literally god tier even if the story itself is not

A Worm video game about managing a villain team, making sure the abilities of each member synergize and commiting street level crimes would be great.
>>
>>338330651
City of heroes.

..... Oh wait .....
>>
>>338330651
Someone needs to save the thread, OP do something!
>>
Overlord
>>
>>338333401
I'm 90% sure an OP can't bump his own thread

>>338333452
I haven't played it but isn't the point of Overlord that you are an overpowered ruler?
>>
>>338331936
Yeah I had a pretty similar experience. Not generally into the superhero thing, but something about Worm engrossed me and I couldn't stop reading it. The story was definitely rushed towards the end, but it had its high points in my opinion.
>>
>>338330651
superhero/villain game, yes.

Good superhero/villain game, no.

The only two that come to mind are Superman Returns: The Game and the original Hulk game. The former is because of poor design and the later because of all the segments where you had to play as banner.
>>
>I want taking out a group of thugs using superpowers/gadgets to be scary and hard but very possible and rewarding when done.

This heavily depends on the type of superpower and gadgets. Superman and Batman don't have trouble with regular mooks because one is literally invincible while the other, in addition to being unrealistically skilled, has gadgets coming out of his ass.

What could be a superpower which is overall weak-ish and just gives you a small edge in battle while still being interesting to play with?
>>
File: skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg (131 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg
131 KB, 1024x576
>>
Watchdogs gave me a batman/daredevil vibe
>>
>>338330651
Lol what? You die from a few bullets early on in Infamous.
>>
>>338336190
Manipulation of water or plants? You can only control so much at one point or have only so much material availble to you but build up as you go?
>>
>>338338014
Watchdogs seriously nailed the low end superhero aesthetic, even if the game wasn't particularly good I still managed to get hype when the ending teased the protagonist turning from just some vigilante to a real superhero.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.