[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUGANI? HAK HAK HAK!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Prethoryn.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Prethoryn.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
MUGANI? HAK HAK HAK!
>>
>i got the unbidden instead of them
>the AI just passively allows half of the galaxy to get swallowed by them
>i brace for a huge battle to decide the fate of the galaxy, build a huge fleet of 100k firepower over the course of years
>finally launch my assault to the unbidden portal after biding my time
>3 15k fleets warp in to defend it
>I destroy them all and have 44k firepower left
>mfw that was what the unbidden conquered half the galaxy with

Stellaris is literally featureless, half of the shit doesnt even work and the AI is completely passive
>>
Game freezes for a second every ten seconds, is that my PC or the game's fault?
>>
>>338328371
Yeah, it's either hit or miss

>tfw spawn between 2 fallen Empires
>>
>>338328371
>Stellaris is literally featureless,
buy the DLC stupid goy
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
47 KB, 900x900
My experiences so far (this has happened twice):

>Start colonising planets

>First empire I find declares war on me for no reason a year after meeting me (not a militarist)

>Get swarmed with 1K corvette fleet they pulled out of their ass and have no capacity to support

>Get spammed by single armies trying to take one of my planets and failing

>Spend TEN YEARS building up my fleet while this is going on, beyond my naval capacity

>Spend about an hour researching how to counter what with particular weapons

>Send my slightly smaller fleet into battle

>Die

>Wonder why Paradox are incapable of making a decent game on release
>>
File: _AI_red.png (73 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
_AI_red.png
73 KB, 300x360
>tfw the Beta Uprising happens in game
>>
File: UNSC.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
UNSC.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1200
>>
>>338328669
>slightly smaller fleet

Your fault famm. Everybody knows that if the number's smaller you're already dead.
>>
>>338328371
>>I destroy them all and have 44k firepower left
I went in with a 28k fleet and fought 5 15k fleets over the course of the war and had 24k left when the portal was destroyed.
>>
>>338328568
It did the same thing for me once i got into the late game, especially when i had my fleets in combat. I think it's unavoidable.
>>
Reminder that Corvette Spam with Lasers and Wormhole FTL is the way to win
>>
>>338328830
It was literally a two ship difference and they wiped me out with minimal losses.

If that's the case I think I'm going back to playing something else for a while...
>>
>>338328942
Happens more frequently when you speed the game up too?
>>
>>338328602
>tfw spawned next to a spiritualist empire
>no gaia worlds around them to colonize
>they do nothing the entire game
>rek their shyt once i have enough tech, vassalize all but 2 of their systems
>10 years later their population doesnt even care, back to 90% happiness

wew
>>
When would you ever take hyperspace travel over the other two? I tried it out and immediately got cornerfucked until I beat two of my neighbors to even get 10 stars away from my home planet. Now I'm at war again but this time my neighbor who's part of a 4-man federation is blocking access to them with no way to get open borders simply because of their government type. The shittiest fucking FTL system.
>>
>>338328669
>being bad and blaming paradox

that's not how it works, lad
>>
>>338328669
>losing against the AI
>ever

That isn't how this works. The game's shit because the AI's too *easy*, if you're struggling it's because you're bad.
>>
>>338329142
Hyperlanes are fun if you set everyone to use them, because it means you can then exploit choke points to stage massive battles and cuck people out of huge stretches of territory by cordoning them off
>>
>>338329220
>>338329285
I'm a pretty bad player, but when I got destroyed in Vicky and EU in the first hundred hours or so of playing it was for reasons I could understand. Clearly I just have the wrong mentality, though I struggle to see what I could have done differently.
>>
>>338329142

Hyperdrives are better than Warp drives in every way, they're much faster and the only downside is you might get boxed in.

Wormholes are vastly better than both though.
>>
>>338329418
certain weapons are better against certain ship setups. Next time observe what type of weapon theyre using and change your designs to counter it. Shields to counter energy, armor/dodge to counter missiles.
>>
File: 0C4AYxR[1].jpg (939 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0C4AYxR[1].jpg
939 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>338328669
lmao how can you lose at stellaris
>>
>>338329668
>dodge to counter missiles.
You are literally retarded anon.
>>
Any fun mods already?
>>
>>338329935
kay
>>
>>338329992
Some dank shit on the steam workshop
>>
File: 3674449[1].png (48 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
3674449[1].png
48 KB, 219x219
>>338329668
Well as I said I did a lot of reading on reddit and on the wiki but perhaps I just did something wrong I don't know.

>>338329829
By being me
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.