[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best 3d Sonic level prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Sh_Egg_Fleet.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sh_Egg_Fleet.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Best 3d Sonic level prove me wrong
>>
there are no sonic games worth playing prove me wrong
>>
>>338326635
LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMANS ROBOTS
>>338326996
Sonic 3 & Knuckles sonic 2 sonic 1 sonic cd you underage redditor cuckold chucklefuck KEK
>>
>>338326996
There are no 3d Sonic games worth playing.
>>
>>338327094
Colors & Generations
>>
>>338326996
2d sonic
Sonic 1 through 3
Sonic advance 1 and 3(FUCK 2)
Sonic rush series
Sonic rivals

3d Sonic
Sonic adventure 1(Again FUCK 2)
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic generations
Sonic colors
Sonic lost world

Spin off Sonic
Sonic rider and Zero Gavity
Sonic shuffle
>>
File: 1249710989098.jpg (608 KB, 650x2000) Image search: [Google]
1249710989098.jpg
608 KB, 650x2000
>not Rooftop Run
>>
>Sonic Heroes
>Good in any way
No.

>>338327367
>Rooftop Run
Yes.
>>
BWAHAHAHA

YOU FOOLS MUST HAVE A DEATH WISH?
>>
>>338327190
>Colors
>3D Sonic game
Uhh, no. No it is not.
>>
Egg Fleet is the best level in Sonic Heroes but only because the setting gives Sonic Team an excuse for their awful "series of platforms floating in a void" level design.
>>
>>338326635
>Sonic Heroes
>Best at something
Opinion discarded
>>
Controls worse than adventures
Bugs out almost as much as 06
>>
>>338327367
> Rooftop Run
Second best
Eggfleet>Rooftop run>Emerald Coast>City escape>Crisis City>Hangs Castle>aquarium park>crazy gadget>>>>>>>>>>>Final rush
>>
File: 23536246.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
23536246.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Who else owned this trash?
>>
>>338327883
FUCK I meant pyramid cave,Final rush was also one of the best
>>
Eggfleet was ass. Just grinding/coptering to the next platform, beating up shit in power formation, rinse/repeat. Heroes was pretty terrible overall, they successfully had an engine that was fully multiplat, but the actual game suffered deeply for it.
>>
I distinctly recall hating this level.

I distinctly recall hating every level in Sonic Heroes besides the first one.

Best 3D Sonic level is Rooftop Run. Not sure if I'd say Unleashed or Generations did it better but they both take the cake. Final Rush is a solid second place.
>>
>>338327329
Sa2 is way better then Sa1

>>338329362
>Final rush
>Better then City Escape, Metal Harbor, Green Forest, or Radical Highway

Even some of the mech and treasure levels in Sa2 are better then final rush. It's not a bad stage but rails are one opf the janky parts of sa2 and the whole level being built around them can lead to frustrating deaths
>>
>>338328104
>>338329362
I don't about you guys but I just love the concept of hoping on one battle fleet to another,barely any games nowadays do this.Also Rooftop run while still an excellent stage is to overrated
>>
>>338329976
>Sa2 is way better then Sa1
>Be 10 back in 2000-2001.
>Get SA2
>Excited to go through that cool city level from the commercials as Edgehog.
>Look for character select
>There is none
>Game makes me use Eggman
>Thinks that's pretty cool anyway and try it
>Have to play as some literal who to hunt down gems for every other mission
>No speed levels
>Finally get one speed level
>NOPE BACK TO TREASURE HUNTING YOU FUCKER!
>repeat.
>>
>>338329976
>Sa2 is way better then Sa1
lol Sonic Adventure 1 had
Better physics
Better levels
Didn't force you to play as any other character
E-Gamma levels was better a shooter than Tails and Eggman levels in Adventure 2
Treasure hunter didn't suck and levels weren't fucking huge with empty spaces
All in All SA1>SA2
>>
>>338326635
Disagree that the level itself is the best, but the intro to it is one of the hypest moments in the franchise.
>>
>>338330279
>implying the mech and treasure levels are bad when they are actuall designed for those characters unlike in Sa1

>>338330620
>Didn't force you to play as any other character

Hue, what, to beat the game you absolutely did. Unless you only count doing sonic as "beating the game".
>>
>>338326635
>Prove me wrong

alright well, challenge accepted, I haven't my chance at acting my part as an autistic kid today so I'll have a go at it. Sonic Heros was clunky, tedious, and more often than not boring. The switching mechanics were the worst part about it, and that is amazing since it was the main quirk of the game, and I can see why it would be appealing to have such a game mechanic, but like Sega does, they threw it out next game, and never had second thoughts about keeping and improving upon it, I can see why people would like it, but it just doesn't hide the fact that sonic heros is a poorly made, poorly executed, and is that a giant kamikaze pilot in the background of your picture, eggman's apparently full bonsai for the empire
>>
>>338326635
Fucking dumbass sonic fanboys, Sonic game has stood the test of time, they're all stupid, they're all broken, they all have aged so poorly, and the soundtrack although usually not terrible, always ages the wrong way. Like wrotting cheese
>>
Egg Fleet or whatever it was called is a good one. I remember having a lot of fun on that
>>
>>338331429
k
>>
>>338330620
>Better physics

you mean it was terrible physics but going fast and jumping were may more rewarding. That section in the first level with the rubber bands made me want to kill myself, I still agree though, I have to say I'm not a fan of any sonic game
>>
>>338331142
>Hue, what, to beat the game you absolutely did. Unless you only count doing sonic as "beating the game".
Most people really don't count Perfect Chaos for two reasons: 1) it was just a few cutscenes and the boss itself, 2) story-wise nothing really changed. Had the "final story" never existed, the entire plot of SA1 would've been completely wrapped up just fine on its own. Contrast with the final stories of SA2, Heroes, Shadow and 06 where they're multiple stages (and for SA2 multiple boss fights) and wrap up the storyline. In SA1 it felt like more of an optional extra instead of an integral part of the game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Best 2D level vs best 3D level

How do you even compete
>>
>>338330103
This, there's nothing quite like the sense of vertigo from jumping from massive flying battleships while blowing up half of them.
>>
File: starlight.jpg (4 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
starlight.jpg
4 KB, 480x360
>>338331883
I'm sorry what
>>
>>338327067
All sonic games fucking sucked, old and new. New are just plain garbage and old the screen didn't move fast enough so it came down to hold right.
>>
>>338332298
Okay we get it you watch game grumps and that aron faggot or whatever the fuck you kids watch nowadays to get an opinion from
>>
>>338326635
>>
File: KillUrselfUFool.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
KillUrselfUFool.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>338327329
>fuck Sonic Advance 2
>but play Rush tho
>>
>>338332298
>wahh sonic's too fast for me
nintoddlers please go
>>
>>338330620
>lol Sonic Adventure 1 had
>Better physics
Both had bad moments at different times and were spotty in different ways.

>Better levels
Firmly disagree, level design was much better in SA2.

>Didn't force you to play as any other character
Unless you wanted to actually finish the game. Also SA2 didn't have Big or Amy levels. Overall, if they were on even ground, if SA2's other characters were just as optional, or if SA1's were just as mandatory, I'd have a much easier time replaying 2's non-Sonic/Shadow stages than 1's non-Sonic/Tails stages.

>E-Gamma levels was better a shooter than Tails and Eggman levels in Adventure 2
Gamma's movement was better, but SA2 again had better level, much more fleshed out level design than Gamma's stages.

>Treasure hunter didn't suck and levels weren't fucking huge with empty spaces
Superior radar aside, SA1's treasure hunt stages were the biggest offenders in terms of level design. They had to make areas for exploration that could also allow for Sonic's linear speed-focused gameplay, and it just doesn't work well in any of them, it compromises too much for either style. SA2's are miles ahead in terms of level design, and you can tell it's largely because they only have to serve one gameplay style. Mad Space is of course the exception, but SA1 has Sky Deck, which is just as awful. Beyond them, SA2 stomps SA1 into the dirt for Treasure Hunting.

>All in All SA1>SA2
Aside from the above, SA2 also has a better soundtrack, a massively upgraded Chao garden, and I'll take Big Fat Bat Tats and Ow the Edge over Big any day.

SA1 does get points for super comfy hub areas, though.
>>
>>338335321
>SA2 also has a better soundtrack
I disagree. SA1 has the best OST in the entire franchise, IMO.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.