[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any simple ideas that you would like to talk about that seemingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 21
File: wow.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
445 KB, 800x326
Any simple ideas that you would like to talk about that seemingly never get said? A fix for professions or content? I was going to post it on the forums.
>>
Get rid of LFG/lFR and publicly execute the current lead developers
>>
>>338324129
uninstall it from the mainframe and instead open legacy servers
>>
>>338324129
Higher res slutmogs
>>
>>338324285
How original.

>>338324362
It's sorta humorous how the legacy idea just sorta happened after the Nost thing.
>>
Quickly: Should I make a Shaman or Druid? Which is more fun to play under WoD mechanics?
>>
Kill CRZ. If that shit still exists.
>>
Reduce the amount of self healing abilities and mana sustain for nearly every class and make the game more challenging and fun in every aspect
>>
File: Untitled.png (463 KB, 460x610) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
463 KB, 460x610
>>338324443
PvP or PvE?

Anatomy redesign.
>>
>>338324438
I always thought about it but it only became mainstream because of nost
>>
>>338324592

probably more PvE than PvP because I can't stop using my mouse, but I do battlegrounds occasionally.

I'm gonna make a Troll on Sargeras.
>>
>>338324491
And replace it with what? They've already stated they won't merge servers. That'd probably be a decent point of discussion though.. a fix for the reasons why they won't do it, like names (maybe that's all).
>>
>>338324129
Wrathbaby who started at the end of BC and played through Cata here, should I pick it up again? Been watching the Warcraft movie previews and it's getting my nostalgia going.

Or should I just save myself the trouble?
>>
>>338324734
Does it need replacing with something? It's my understanding that CRZ only exists in older content to give the illusion that the game isn't dead. All it really does is fuck people who are farming mats or hunting rare spawns. I understand they don't want the game to feel dead as shit until the final expac content, but CRZ was a shitty half measure. Either do full on merges, which will piss people, or do nothing.
>>
>>338324592
nigga the ain't humans why the fuck would they have a normal spine
>>
File: marine in an alleyway.jpg (33 KB, 100x192) Image search: [Google]
marine in an alleyway.jpg
33 KB, 100x192
>>338325701
they are literally blue humans
>>
>>338324129

Not killing off Ysera in a quest chain would be nice.

Is Blizzard ever going to realize that corrupting every single fucking lore character just to give us an excuse to kill them is retarded?
>>
File: 11 (3).jpg (23 KB, 344x314) Image search: [Google]
11 (3).jpg
23 KB, 344x314
>>338324129
>improve slutmogs
>improve mogs SO THEY ARENT FUCKIN PAINTED ON
>delete mage
>>
File: 1376990048272.jpg (5 KB, 212x252) Image search: [Google]
1376990048272.jpg
5 KB, 212x252
>>338324285
I don't understand why anyone would want to get rid of LFG, if you got rid of it, people would just resort back to using addons to form groups with people. Tired of people wanting it gone, stupid request.

LFR is straight up cancer though.
>>
>>338324129
Getting rid of the level 100 boost in the store and doing something about the abysmal state of leveling would be nice, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
>>
>>338324438
legacy servers have literally been asked for for years. and private servers have had player basis thousands strong for years as well. nost spent a ton of time on pr, kind of like the dolphin devs. they had good marketing (which in the end also fucked them over). they weren't THAT far above other servers quality wies.
>>
>>338325701
Everything has a straight spine, anon. That's how you know it's healthy. It's how you judge cattle, for example.
>>
Let it die and make WoW 2, happening in an alternate universe, re-doing the lore from warcraft 2 onwards.
>>
>>338325023
Those who would like the realm to feel alive would do so because it's a fucking MMO. There's no actual reason to remove CRZ except to be more alone, in which case, maybe play another genre.

>>338326243
>resort to using addons to form groups
He's probably just talking about LFD/LFR.. not LFG.
>>
>>338324129

Make leveling a real game instead of being a wall of mindless grinding between the player and the real game.
>>
>>338324129
Complete leveling revamp, slowing it down drastically. Remove all heirlooms and exp bonuses. No mounts until level 20. No flying mounts at all.

Delete crossrealm everything. Instead force server mergers until populations are at a healthy level for whatever number of servers remain.

Complete revamp on pvp. I would delete every single BG other than AV, AB and WSG. AV would be completely revamped to fit it's original design, but with a lot of changes to force team play and make it feel like a giant battle rather than an npc rush. I would just fix some of the maps from the newer bgs to make them less shit. A lot of them are very unbalanced or just not fun in general.

Healers in pvp would get nerfed to hell. Instead of healing absurd amounts they would all shift to more support buffer roles with an assortment of temporary buffs and debuffs that they can place on party members / enemies to give an edge in battle, rather than just being unkillable like they are today. All other classes would be completely redone, so they feel unique again. Everyone will not have every tool. PvP will not be balanced around arenas, but promote BGs and 10-20 man team play.

Also, items would have pvp and pve stats, unique to what your current encounter is. This way you can progress doing pve, pvp or both and obtain viable gear. Most spells would have different pvp traits than pve ones as well so it's easier to balance both.

Over an expansion there would be less item strength growth. This means someone in base level cap gear will be at a disadvantage, but not utterly obliterated by people who are better geared.

Lfr and lfg deleted. Lfg would look more like the quest finder in game today. You also wont ve teleportes to the dungeon.

Most fast travel and portals are gone. Traveling in the world will be a thing again.

No garrisons, followers, or automated reward systems of any kind. You earn your itens, gold, pets and mounts on your own.

No catch up mechanics.
>>
>>338324129

Make dungeon finder still queue you for groups, but you have to walk out to the instance entrance the old fashioned way

People don't travel around much anymore these days. At least not after level 15 when dungeon finder unlocks
>>
File: 180px-Kael'thas_Sunstrider.jpg (24 KB, 180x219) Image search: [Google]
180px-Kael'thas_Sunstrider.jpg
24 KB, 180x219
Pick a character.

Got one? Good.

Now make their story as retarded as pic related's.
>>
>>338328901
>not being reasonable
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-20 00.14.37.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-20 00.14.37.png
1 MB, 1360x768
>>338328901
>at a disadvantage, but not utterly obliterated
>>
put fucking mexican servers in their own battlegroup

every time I get into a group, be it LFG or the party finder, if there is a retard who doesn't know what they are doing they are always mexican
>>
>>338329453
How is any of that unreasonable. It's an mmo. It should require people to go out into the world, and interact with others. It should make you need to search for help when your class doesn't have the tools for the task. Pvp should force interactions between many people, not just 3 people at a time.

I don't log into a game like this for single player content. There should always be some, but it should be mostly optional content and players should need to work together.
>>
File: 4(FOUR).png (30 KB, 120x151) Image search: [Google]
4(FOUR).png
30 KB, 120x151
Every change I'd make to the game would essentially be reverting it to Vanilla with BC-tier raiding and WotLK classes/professions.
>>
>>338329101
his story was pretty retarded but i really liked his voice lines and the emotion behind them in tempest keep
>>
Disable Transmog

It's ruined the gear rush and makes the game look retarded. If I saw valor shoulders I knew it was a warrior, in vanilla (or a very confused paladin).

Bring back 8 piece sets. Give cool set bonuses that would make you want to wear the entire thing vs a bunch of random stuff.

Make blue gear worthwhile again. Any LFR gear should be GREEN quality. Normal blue. Epics for mystic modes only.
>>
File: 1457067180076.jpg (218 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1457067180076.jpg
218 KB, 534x820
>>338330514
Shutup I will wear my dragonstalker transmog and rhokdelar until WoW is deleted

>I see your point though
>>
File: 1459879498483.jpg (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459879498483.jpg
74 KB, 400x400
>>338328901
>point 1
alright let me just stop you there: your dream about taking weeks or months to get to level cap is a nostalgia-hazed fucking delusion, once you've levelled your first main to level cap you aren't going to want to repeat that process when you have commodities like heirlooms and exp bonuses at your disposal
>point 2
i can get behind this, if only because blizzard should swallow their pride and merge their low pop servers already.
>point 3
blizzard is not about to remove a bunch of content out of the game, and if you want teamwork and giant battles you go do RBGs, not pug ones
>point 4
i agree with the healer point since they are the most obnoxious fucking thing in wow as it stands
hitting a brick wall for like 5-10 minutes while their 2v2 dps partner wails on either of you is not fun, it's just a fucking endurance race
>point 5
okay idea but it would take way too much time and effort to implement unique pve and pvp stats for each individual item
>point 6
where is the point in this? the whole point of levelling and getting better gear is so that you get stronger and kill shit faster and with more ease
are you basing your opinions off of the people who get salty when they get killed in world pvp by someone 2-3 levels higher than them?
>point 7
another nostalgia-hazed point, where you'd like to remove things that make everything easier like LFG (maybe not LFR but it makes legendary quests easier)
let me guess, you always rant on about "muh community and muh everyone knew each other" in other wow threads?
>point 8
gee, this one guy in stormwind is telling me to go to the exodar to talk to someone, better take one ship, ride over an endless expanse of old zones and take two more ships to get there, wasting a total of 40 minutes on what amounts to chores in a video game
>point 9
yeah i can get behind that
>point 10
i'm indifferent to this subject
>>
>>338329835
>deleting 80% of the BGs
>complete gameplay updates
>>
>>338324129
The only solution would be to execute the actual dev team, cut off their heads chechen rebel style and upload it on live leak so nobody destroys a game like this again. Earlier today I've listened to the Wow classic soundtrack and it reminded me of how well designed the game was. It may sound kinda gay but this game had so much soul. Now they turned it into a fucking mess for abominations like all those sodapoppin fanboys
>>
>>338330514
Transmog is probably the best non-grouping feature in the game. You can't prove this wrong.

>muh looks
Exactly. Nobody likes clown outfits, and it serves the purpose of giving previous gear a reason to exist.
>>
Don't ban your loyal customers for 6 months because they spent two hours botting fishing.
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (116 KB, 1160x676) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
116 KB, 1160x676
>Wowfags will defend this
>>
>>338331167
>once you've levelled your first main to level cap you aren't going to want to repeat that process when you have commodities like heirlooms and exp bonuses
Or fucking ever. Doing the same zones and dungeons is such a meme.
>>
>>338331167
My main goals would be five things.

>Get people out into the world
>Force people to need to interact with eachother in meaningful ways
>Fix the completely unbalanced garbage that is current pvp, from character abilities, gear, and even the maps.
>Slow down content consumption so quality content can be made without causing long periods of nothing to do
>Remove the need for catch up mechanics by scaling down the level of progression between the first raid, and the next tier.

>>338331893
Botting or cheating in any form should always result in a perma ban
>>
File: Capture.jpg (117 KB, 810x1212) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
117 KB, 810x1212
>>338324129

I really wish they would let us have flexible raid sizes for mythic difficulty.

Nobody cares about raid balance other than for world first and even then, they stack the fuck out of their raid for whatever classes are best.

Flexible group sizes would allow all guilds to progress in mythic even if they have a roster that isn't fixed.

Our guild doesn't have a problem because we always have like 23-25 people, but it would be nice to not have to sit people.
>>
>>338331856
Previous gear shouldn't have a reason to exist.

Transmogs gave blizzard a reason to make the new tier gear look like shit. It's all forgettable now.

How can you tell the difference between a ret paladin, a death knight, and an arms warrior on the battlefield without clicking on them?
>>
>>338332039
Especially if they're god awful
I fucking hated mop and I'll never go through it again I swear to god
>>
>>338331856
>Transmog is probably the best non-grouping feature in the game. You can't prove this wrong.
You never played retail vanilla. Transmog is the most stupid shit in this game. You fucking post 2000 children. I fucking hate you
>>
>>338332061
>Botting or cheating in any form should always result in a perma ban
Why? There are always varying degrees of botting. Someone who only done it a couple of times in harmless situations shouldn't get the same punishment as a dedicated gold seller.

They even had the nerve to tell me to buy another WoW copy if I wanted to keep playing. Greedy fucking bastards.
>>
>>338331856
>Nobody likes clown outfits,

It gave you motivation to go out and get better looking gear when you looked like shit.
>>
>>338324129
Eliminate the idea of 'end game'.
>>
>>338324129
Literally anyone who is younger than 22 years should shut the fuck up about this game.
>>
>>338331167
>another nostalgia-hazed point, where you'd like to remove things that make everything easier like LFG (maybe not LFR but it makes legendary quests easier)
There's not really a valid argument for keeping LFD (which I imagine he's talking about because LFG doesn't TP). It's always "muh it's already in the game".
>>
>>338332248

Unless you were fucking terribad, you picked your items for their fucking stats and not for how you looked.

Fuck looking like a clown. The whole point of getting gear is to look like a baller.
>>
>>338332271
What do you do when you hit max level, finish all the levelling zone quests, clear every raid and beat all the challenges (achievements) of said raids
Or when you get your top tier PvP gear and roll arena trash every time
>>
File: wart17red.jpg (469 KB, 2256x992) Image search: [Google]
wart17red.jpg
469 KB, 2256x992
>>338332106
>Previous gear shouldn't have a reason to exist.
Sure, let's chuck out one of the biggest pastimes of almost every WoW player; farming old raids for transmog gear.
>Transmogs gave blizzard a reason to make the new tier gear look like shit. It's all forgettable now.
I'd beg to differ.
I play a hunter and I've received shit tier sets ever since wrath ended, yet you don't see me complaining. Even though there's obviously some class favoritism at work, we still get consistently good looking sets every raid tier, like for example this set from roughly a year ago.
>>338332139
Why are you so against people being able to mix up their appearance while still being able to equip gear that makes them competitive in encounters?
Having good-looking characters is a big thing for a lot of people in MMOs like WoW, and it has almost no effect on you, so why?
>>
File: history.jpg (91 KB, 618x740) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
91 KB, 618x740
>>338332139
I played vanilla starting release day I shared an account at first until I bought my own shortly after. I played every xpac.

Im actually for transmog. I completely agree with you it takes away from the visuals of progression. However the farming is good single player filler content to give people something to do that is completely cosmetic. It's not a completely gamebreaking mechanic, and is 100% optional.
>>
>>338332106
>Previous gear shouldn't have a reason to exist.
Post irrelevant. Argument invalid (missing).

>How can you tell the difference between a ret paladin, a death knight, and an arms warrior on the battlefield without clicking on them?
Pff. Their nameplate color.

>>338332139
>You never played retail vanilla.
That's not an argument.
>>
>>338332457
>What do you do after you have done everything in the game
Do it all again? Move on to another game?

Rushing through the game to reach max level where you do nothing but repeat gated content to milk your subscription money certainly isn't the answer.
>>
>defending clownsuits
Wut? But why?
>>
>>338332541
This discussion is useless anyway. I just hope they'll get their heads out of their proud asses and release vanilla Realms. That's not even enough, I hope there will be German, French Realms etc so I don't have to play with fucking Russians who destroy every game with their inability to speak English and notorious urge to use fucking hacks. Gaming has become so horrible. Don't wanna sound like one of those "the old days were better" shit heads but it's actually true
>>
>>338332756
How is that eliminating the idea of end game
>>
>>338331984
Oh boys, this is going to be like Trahearne all over again
>>
>>338332791
>can't defend his asinine stance on transmogrification
>whatever this discussion doesn't matter
how surprising
also playing on english servers, you almost never run into russians apart from going up against their battleground premades
>>
>>338332791
They will never release old content exclusive realms. Not unless it's a complete last ditch effort to try and milk the last few pennies out of the fanbase before they shut down the servers.

Doing so is admitting they made big mistakes along the way and the current content is bad. The most we will ever get are new content servers with certian boosts disabled.
>>
>>338332987
>you almost never run into russians apart from going up against their battleground premades
That's because there are Russian servers. Russians are the melanoma of Online Gaming in Europe.
>>
>>338332841
You didn't ask how to eliminate end game, you asked what you do when you have done everything there is to do in the game. What motivates you to play the game is entirely your problem, it doesn't mean we should design the games to rush everyone to the point that they look around and go 'what now?'
>>
>>338333091
you don't need to tell me, i've had my fair share of playing with them in their usual haunts like dota 2 and CSGO
>>
>>338332271
Define that.

If you don't like linear treadmills, then the discussion is fixing that. Sandboxes are / can be without end game. It's where some stuff is still super powerful, but you don't have to have that to be doing your favorite thing.
>>
>>338333204
>in their usual haunts like dota 2 and CSGO
They have destroyed both games. They are literally the single first reason I don't play them anymore.
>>
>>338332439

There is a really valid argument, but its just one you don't accept.

LFD turns the fucking tedious-ass process of scraping together a 5 man group from a 1/2 hour process into something that takes 10 minutes at the most.

I played WoW a lot before LFG and it fucking sucked. If you weren't max level, it was very difficult to find people that were in your level bracket, were interested in doing the same dungeon as you, and were of the requisite role you needed for your group. When you actually fucking did get a group assembled, it would take fucking forever to actually get your entire group to the dungeon because traveling around the world was a pain in the ass. If you were alliance, you had really limited access to most of the Kalimdor dungeons, and if you were Horde, it was really a pain to get to most of the Eastern Kingdoms dungeons. Want to do Deadmines as Horde? Have fun getting to fucking Westfall.

If you group didn't fall apart during this phase, you were lucky.
>>
>>338332081
This is one of those things that is why WoW is dying. Quit catering to casual bullshit like this. All guilds shouldn't be able to progress in Mythic. Why do you want shit handed to you?
>>
>>338332987
It's funny too, because I basically want to gut and revamp most of the game mechanics but am 100% for transmog because it honestly causes no harm to the player and community experience

Both of these are me.
>>338332541
>>338328901

>>338332439
Yes I ment LFD, I like the lfg system. Dungeon finder should be something more of a craigslist posting that you're looking for members that people can flag / message you to join up rather than the crossrealm, no interaction, instant teleport, loot pinita they are right now.
>>
>>338332791
>Don't wanna sound like one of those "the old days were better" shit heads but it's actually true

>games on the world wide web used to actually be world wide
>suddenly region blocking
>the regions you want blocked are never blocked
>huehuehue
>>
>>338333326
>If you weren't max level, it was very difficult to find people that were in your level bracket, were interested in doing the same dungeon as you, and were of the requisite role you needed for your group. When you actually fucking did get a group assembled, it would take fucking forever to actually get your entire group to the dungeon because traveling around the world was a pain in the ass. If you were alliance, you had really limited access to most of the Kalimdor dungeons, and if you were Horde, it was really a pain to get to most of the Eastern Kingdoms dungeons. Want to do Deadmines as Horde? Have fun getting to fucking Westfall.
Cry more you fucking Casual. Go play League of Legends
>>
>>338333289
it hurts but your #1 way of avoiding them is playing a game that has proper containment functions or playing a game that costs 60$
they always seem to be too poor to buy AAA games, that or they're still too engrossed in their F2P games

lord is it satisfying to find a russian that speaks and understands basic english though
like finding a fucking unicorn
>>
>>338324129
-Fix leveling so it's more challenging
-Merge some fucking servers
-Completely overhaul professions and take them back to 300
-Delete garrisons and class halls off the face of the Earth
>>
Professions in general are shit

Gathering professions should be baseline, everyone should be able to collect all the resources at any point in time, there is no reason for them to be stuck behind professions.

Actual professions should have a percentage based success rate to offset the large amount of resources that will be on the market. Each profession should be able to make items that will increase their chance of success and act as a resource dump to help keep them in check. Resources should also only be available in the open world and not in garrisons.
>>
>>338333347

Because we cleared Heroic already and Mythic is the next logical step?
>>
>>338333148
Then I'll change my approach
How do you eliminate end game ?
>>
>>338333620
Flexible group sizes for mythic is moronic
>>
Is it too late to start playing XIV?
>>
>>338324438
That's the fucking problem. Lesser problems are the world mobs all being complete wimps, linear simplistic dungeons and too many difficulties when the Ulduar method was perfect and should have been kept moving forward.

Lazy Blizzzard is lazy and that's the entire problem. I will give them credit for being bullshit artists though, they trained a lot of people to do their PR for them, by giving them talking points to spew over and over when any logical discussion occurs.
>>
>>338333807
It's shit.
>>
>>338333278
I think it's a matter of design philosophy, that a player should max out on level and suddenly become a ticking time bomb that has to be catered to is fucking self-defeating.

No other fucking genre of game has this characteristic in their game design, you don't play an FPS for X number of hours and then have to take up rhythm games to be retained.

If it can be fixed by eliminating hard level caps and bringing back a slowed down leveling curve that would be the easiest fix. But I doubt it's that easy at this point.
>>
>>338333807
It's a good game if you're a social butterfly and a full time neet.
>>
>>338329874
>Vanilla with BC-tier raiding and WotLK classes/professions

sounds pretty great
would also be pretty great if applied to most other content

>wrath with tbc like raiding
>cata with tbc like raiding and wotlk like classes
>mop with tbc like raiding and wotlk like classes

i'd play the fuck out of it
>>
File: 1406536769876.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1406536769876.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>338334047
Can't be worse than WoW.

>>338334127
I think the problem lies in that people have been playing WoW for almost 12 years now and have either become completely addicted to it or stopped caring. Not to mention that, despite what it tries to be, WoW is all but easy to get into for a new player which means they have a constantly dwindling player base.
>>
>>338334142
>It's a good game if you're a social butterfly and a full time neet.
I love how people cry about games being demanding in time and not easy. When I was a kid and started playing vanilla, m brother was at med school and barely had time for gaming. Still he enjoyed every minute of the game. He barely had blue gear just before TBC came out
>>
File: Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-15-31-74.jpg (840 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-15-31-74.jpg
840 KB, 3200x1800
>>338334315
WoW is amazing at the moment
>>
>>338334127
The high addiction factor is what they put in to replace good game design. The people that engineered it were actually at a Blizzcon one year, the same Psychiatrists that consult those awful mobile games to make them as addictive as possible.

I figure people would have had to wise up at that point, but no.
>>
>>338333671
-> >>338334127
>>
>>338333148
Going 'what now?' is a result of gameplay mostly being based on a shallow endgame.
>>
>>338329874
What is, in your opinion, BC-tier raiding ?
Same question for WotLK classes/professions
>>
>>338334437
Is it? The only thing to do currently is Tanaan, HFC and Ashran.
>>
>>338334315
>WoW is all but easy to get into for a new player

what makes you say that? can you explain?
>>
>>338334412
Sure, if you don't set goals for having end-game gear, it's not particularly time consuming
>>
>>338334412
I can do the game, been healing and DPSing since EQ1, it's the social butterfly thing that turns me off. I just wana do my job and raid high level stuff, not going to kiss ass to do that.
>>
>>338333435
Great argument there, chap. I bet your mother is proud of you.
>>
>>338334563
Basically it has 12 years of bloat that makes no sense to a new player. It's like starting a movie 3/4ths of the way through and only having a semi-vague idea of what's going on.
Hell, I'm an MMO veteran and I remember when I tried TOR a couple of months ago I was overwhelmed as fuck because nothing made any fucking sense to me like leveling gear that you bought with tokens etc.
>>
>>338334480
BC-tier raiding:

>no catch-up gear
>very hard 5man heroics
>progression order enforced by both attunement processes and gear check encounters
>raids have one difficulty, not four
>each raid tier is harder than the previous tier, both in terms of execution and in terms of tuning
>>
>>338334597
>>338334735
You simple children. "I WANT THIS AND THAT BUT I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR IT".. nothing is enjoyable without having put time and passion into it unless you're a dumb niggerfag. Because of Ppl like you, the whole communicational aspect of this game died. After all, you don't want to socialize, you don't want to do anything except for getting everything for a single click. You dumb nigger
>>
>>338335009
>very hard 5man heroics
Is needing to use CC considered very hard by today's standards?
>>
>>338335137
Unfortunately, yes. Difficulty now is based on how many packs your tank can pull at the same time before dying horribly.
>>
>>338335059
when are you going to drop this attitude of "tedium is what made WoW great back in the day"
people who want to socialize are going to go out of their way to socialize, even with a quality of life change like dungeon finder
and if you so desperately want communication and socialization in WoW, then you can start by encouraging that kind of behavior in other people when you're in dungeon finder
>>
>>338324438
legacy servers were asked for ever since TBC launch

Not saying that TBC was bad, it's literally the best expansion to WoW, but it started the whole streamlining process. Daily quests, resillience, wellfare gear, homogenization of factions, balancing around arenas rather than raid vs raid in battlegrounds, 25man raids etc.
>>
>>338335335
He is correct, made many friends back in the day from the people I scrounged up to run dungeons.

Never made a single friend from LFG.
>>
File: 1332995116646.png (472 KB, 957x535) Image search: [Google]
1332995116646.png
472 KB, 957x535
How to fix WoW: 1) Keep LFG/DF the way it is for lazy people but give incentives or bonuses to do manual made server groups.Like better gear, cool mogs/mounts/pets etc. 2)Bring back group quests that doesn't hinder speed leveling. Make it bonus content or like the world events. 3) Make certain types of npcs able to demount flyers and people on mounts no matter what. Make npcs dangerous again. 4)Give skills more variety instead of strictly making more skills. The random perks to skills in WoD was a good start. 5) Make the world more alive. Things like FATES in 14 or dynamic event sin general that can make traveling through places not exactly the same every time.
>>
>>338334943
that actually makes sense
yeah, i guess someone who actually never played wow gets completely overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff the game and interface throws at him because he simply doesn't have the knowledge and experience to know what's worth what

>level up!
>professions!
>dungeons!
>battlegrounds!
>pet battles!
>watch this cutscene!
>archaeology!
>fishing!
>cooking!
>reputations!
>transmog!
>auction house!
>valor points! honor!
>arena!
>level 58? go to outland!
>storyline makes no sense and is all over the place
>dude northrend! lich king!
>storyline makes you fight stuff that has been canonically defeated 8 years ago
>dude random cataclysm zones all over the world! (with more obsolete storylines)
>dude pandaland lmao!
>completely out of place compared to azeroth
>draenor!
>dude alternate timelines lmao!

its such a massively retarded clusterfuck of bloat
fucking nightmarish for actual new players
>>
Stop trying to make it like Diablo 3.
>>
>>338324129

Get rid of instances completely.
Instances are cancer on every MMO
>>
File: Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-28-29-94.jpg (724 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-28-29-94.jpg
724 KB, 3200x1800
Keep pulling down your pants and taking a shit on WoW at the moment /v/

Even though it's actually fun
>>
>>338335137
not just that, but also the tuning.
if your tank isn't geared, your healer will struggle to keep him up and have to drink between pulls.
if the tank loses aggro, people die.

dungeons today are pathetically undertuned compared to tbc heroics.
>>
>>338335653
Yeah lets bring back top guilds camping all the times spawns. You're not up at 4am? Well fuck you! you're not getting Nagafen for that week.
>>
>>338335501
you simply aren't trying enough or alternatively didn't get lucky enough to meet some nice people, because i've made about 5-7 good battletag friends just from finding people to do challenge modes on premade group finder and through doing heroic dungeons for gear during the early parts of an expansion
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x855) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x855
>>338335416
Just to mention:

The 40 man raids weren't even that hard. Hell, if anything, raiding has only improved quality wise (if looking at encounters).

As much as getting 40 people together and slaying bosses with them sounds great in theory, it's just too hard to get that many people on at once and getting them to stay for long.

On the other side, 10 feela a bit too small. I'd say flex raids are a step in the good direction to solve this.

What would you think about 20-30 man flex raids, in the earlier raiding style (no different difficulties, linear raid progression, with attunement and having to do HC's before raiding)?
>>
>>338335792
What do you find fun about it? Grinding the same boring shit you've already done for the past 10 months?
>>
>>338335793
I do remember wiping in 5 man heroics in BC many times, but I never felt that they were very hard, just that many people were very bad/generally lacked situational awareness most of the time
>>
>>338335974
The only hard raids were AQ 40 pre-nerf and Naxx but I'll say logistics of 40 people were the hardest parts.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_022613_122835.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1021) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_022613_122835.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1021
>>338336049
This stuff
>>
>>338335508
>3) Make certain types of npcs able to demount flyers and people on mounts no matter what. Make npcs dangerous again.
I don't know if you played XIV but enemies could slow you on your mount randomly. It didn't make them any harder, it just made traveling through hostile territory a slog, because you got slowed to a fucking crawl by a beetle that spawned immediately behind you or something.
>>
>>338336062
have you played dungeons since then?
bc heroics weren't hard if you had a group that knew what to do, followed the kill order and did proper CC.

today's 5mans are literally
>pull three or four groups at once
>aoe nuke them down (takes 10 to 15 seconds at most)
>repeat

and it has been that way ever since wrath of the lich king, with the exception of early cataclysm.
compared to the braindead facreoll of modern dungeons, tbc heroics were indeed hard.
>>
Might as well ask here

What's the Nostralius alternative now that it's gone?
>>
>>338336418
kronos for vanilla
L4G for burning crusade
>>
>>338336232
I have played XIV, I am more talking about high level or near same level enemies. Also people complain about how flying in WoW takes all danger out of the world. While I agree to some extent flying is helpful for running around content that is irrelevant to you so I dont think it should be removed entirely. If appropriate mobs had the ability to demount people it would make people have to think twice before just flying to the boss killing it then flying off. It's the best middle of the road I can think of.
>>
>>338336470
>flying is helpful for running around content that is irrelevant to you

flight masters did that in vanilla just fine
>>
>>338324129
first aid has been shit forever, they gave every class broken heals instead of fixing it
>>
>>338336674
>first aid
I completely forgot this even existed.
>>
>>338336674
i remember actually using first aid in tbc
btu then again, i played warrior back then, one of the very few classes that didnt have self-healing abilities which made first aid obsolete at the time.
>>
>>338336357
Haven't played since Cata and I only resubbed for that to see the new world a bit.

No. I burned out in WotLK since thanks to RNG I was still getting upgrades for my main from fucking Ulduar and Trial that people were running with their alts even though my guild was in Icecrown. Couldn't be assed to log in anymore when they started using a silent bidding DKP.
>>
>>338336586
Yeah those flight masters helped a level 100 fly around kalimdor from outpost to outpost, they didn't help gathering herbs all across an area that posed no threat to you but just wasted time. You knew that though and were just being a twat though.
>>
>>338335974
Honestly getting a 40man raid isn't as hard to get if you already can get 25 people, but they were alot more hectic and harder in terms of organization once you were inside. Sure, the actual raids weren't that hard, but making 40 man gives you way more opportunities. You'll never get a fight as hectic as 4 horsemen if the meta is 3 tanks and taunts can't resist the taunt thing is actually a good thing, 17% resist chance on boss level mobs was fucking retarded. You can do much more types of fights with more players.

That being said, I would like to see content staying relevant, with tiers being actually somewhat balanced in terms of loot distribution. Up until Naxx, there were some BiS items in both MC and BWL and those were still farmed, and this is simply not possible with all items being boring flat stats and higher itemlevel being always better with no exceptions.

And yeah, different difficulties should go, that's without saying. That's just lazy filler content to keep endgame raiders busy.
>>
>>338335653

People who say shit like this have no perception of limitations. They don't create them to "segregate players" It's about allowing more shit to go down in an enclosed environment.
>>
>>338336674
even back in tbc nobody used first aid
>warlocks can just drain life
>mages have mana shield and ice barrier
>priests heal
>druids heal
>paladins heal
>shamans heal

that leaves just rogues, warriors and hunters as classes without healing capacities, and hunters barely took damage in the first place because DUDE PET LMAO
>>
>>338335653
This is good but you need to the make the world much larger.
>>
>>338336994
My hunter made liberal use of first aid doing the Rhok'delar quest back in the day.
>>
>>338336901
I agree with you man, but I still think 40 folks is too much of a hassle to both handle and control during a fight most of the time, especially considering the now average WoW player.
>>
>>338337192
>especially considering the now average WoW player
Wow playerbase was always mostly casuals. Majority of people were only getting past T4 content at the end of TBC and it was only thanks to the new T5 badge gear and S2 honor weapons. The difference is thatnow the elitist autists left because they didn't get to feel special enough and casuals just LFR the content and think they've seen it all and go back to doing daily quests/unsubbing until the next event, because there is nothing for them to strive for. And the fact that raid tiers are cleared within matter of hours of release and then are being farmed for a year doesn't help at all.
>>
>>338334480
>BC-tier raiding
A dungeon and raiding system like BC had. Raids like Kara, SSC, ZA, Gruul's, Magetheridon's, TK, BT, SWP. Heroic dungeons. Little to no catchup mechanics.

>Same question for WotLK classes/professions
What I mean by this is class and customization depth. 71 point talent trees, gems, glyphs, the same # of spells you had in Wrath and each classes' general gameplay.
>>
>>338336418
i was on kronos but its currently dead at the moment due to the ramptant ddos by chinks and theyre transferring their servers in response
itll be a very long while til it comes back up

im playing on rebirth currently
its not blizz like but it has a decent population
>>
>>338338452
>the same # of spells you had in Wrath and each classes' general gameplay.
Nah man fuck you and your opinions, rotations are dumb as fuck and the whole "chipping away health" is what killed PvP. 10 buttons to press and only maybe two had any actual impact.
>>
>>338339280
shitter detected. every single button had a time and a place and it was fun as fuck that way. more buttons = higher skillcap
>>
>>338333759
There's no fucking reason to go 10/25>20. Not one.
>>
>>338339721
>put in 8 spells with the same goal: dealing damage
>put some form of CC/utility in some of them
>since they're designed to be mashed on cooldown, they have little impact

Nah dude, give me back my designated utility spells. Following flowcharts is for chinks.
>>
>>338340945
I don't even know what you're saying anymore.

Wrath wasn't "chipping away at health" btw. It was fast paced as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJMXVKZ3gqs
>>
>>338335974
It's true that modern raids are better designed in the sense that the mechanics are far from as basic as they used to be. But at the same time you now have DBM and that "augmented reality" addon (the one that people drew pictures of Muhammed with or whatever) basically built into the game which also makes mechanics that used to be difficult trivial. To say that raids then were easier because the mechanics were easier is not quite correct - I don't think any LFR group would complete the 40-man raids if they weren't coddled with, and LFR still does have some of the new, more complex mechanics.

I agree that 40 is too many people to gather up for regular raiding and that 25 is much better in that regard. I still think there is a place for 40-man raiding in the game, like open world bosses and more "event-like" stuff that you can kinda pug together for or merge with another guild's raid team for. Maybe a monthly thing or something.

I liked 10-man raids in MoP because it meant that I could raid with only IRL friends and not have to deal with the problems that comes with pulling in random people (e.g. we could use a loot council system without there being drama, and they also didn't feel as undertuned as they did in WotLK (which was the last time I played before MoP) but I don't think it's good for the game in the community sense because like I said, we were just people who knew each other IRL, we never interacted with anyone outside of people we already knew, compared to in WotLK when we were in a 25-man guild and got to know people from all over the country.
>>
>>338328901
>Instead of healing absurd amounts they would all shift to more support buffer roles with an assortment of temporary buffs and debuffs that they can place on party members / enemies to give an edge in battle, rather than just being unkillable like they are today
Please for the love of god this. This alone would make pvp 100x more fun.
>>
File: 掌门与佩佩.png (547 KB, 1000x830) Image search: [Google]
掌门与佩佩.png
547 KB, 1000x830
>>338324129
There is literally nothing wrong with Pandaria or even the Pandas. They sustained WoW even through Ghostcrawler's last chimpout at the company, and should be brought back to break up the metzenwank themed expansions.
>>
>Make levelling fun and take more than a fucking day

>Rework LFD system. Allow people to match crossrealm, but force them to fucking talk to each other to get there. Remove the 'click button, find dungeon' system as is. It's an MMO, you should have to interact with people to do group content.

>Make things challenging outside of the absolute highest tier of content on the highest difficulty. Questing was memorable because you overcame some challenges in retarded scenarios, I can't remember practically any quests from WoD or Pandaland because your character was a fucking juggernaut who melted red health bars and got xp/gold.
>>
>>338341989
you must also consider that complexity of fight mechanics is far from the only thing that determines how easy or hard a fight is. the tuning of the bosses damage and health in relation to the players' damage and health is an even bigger factor.

a boss can be super complicated and throw tons of highly complex abilities at you - but when those abilities can just be ignored because they just damage players by 30% hp and healers are sitting on full mana anyway, this doesn't make for a difficult fight.

player characters today are grossly overpowered compared to back then. the amount of utility, mobility, offensive and defensive cooldowns and selfheal that everybody has is HUGE. furthermore, mechanics like thread and healer mana have been completely trivialized, to the point where they might as well be removed from the game.

all this plays into the overall difficulty (or lack thereof)
>>
>>338342325
Have an option to scale your character and gear down to the same level as the lowest level person in your party. That way you can do quests and dungeons with friends without just running around one-shotting everything for them.
>>
>>338342259
i'd love a few legit support specs in PvE as well, idk why it's so hard to make a spec with 80% output that buffs 20%/RAIDSIZE somehow, instead they make DH which is even simpler but DOUBLE JUMP
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.