[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
doing it wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176 KB, 300x424
ive never been a fan of rpgs with pausing combat but ive been enjoying this game.

im in the bracilian forest and my party setup is.

me - warrior lvl 6
morrigan - lvl 7
leliana - lvl 7
sten - lvl 7

when combat starts i pause right away and get leliana and morrigan to attack ranged enemies (if there are any). i let sten do his own thing, which is taunting enemies.

i only pause to heal, stun with morrigan ,or chain lightning morrigan cause its great damage! otherwise i play in real time with my warrior. i havent touched the tactics tab at all, its all default.

im playing on normal as i do all games on the first play.
>>
>>338323162
I never had any problem with the combat. The enemies literally raining from nowhere when. A wave is done is bullshit. I am literally destroying armies worth of these mercenary assassin guys and they keep coming.sapient creatures wouldn't do that.

The dungeons also get fucking absurd because there's only two in the whole game and they just move the entrance around and close some shit off.

It's like cuttings from other games assembled into a new one.
>>
>>338323162
Tactics are useful primarily for buffing and potion use. When you get higher up you'll get more mages and you'll want to use them.

I hope you're using the fix for bows that makes them not horrible.
>>
>>338323603
That's dragon age 2 bub

>>338323162
Try going to the mage tower and pick up the healer character if you're having trouble
>>
>>338323739
im not using any mods. this is my first playthrough of this game.

>>338323936
ehh my whole party has not died, but sten dies a lot and ive had close calls with 3 party members dead. im always looking for more potions thats for sure.

i just want to make sure im not playing retarded.
>>
>>338323162
Don't worry, it's hell in the beginning but you get the hang of it

Also, pausing is important, take care of positioning and shit like that, hits from the side, back and top do more damage

And try to mix up attacks, like cone of frost + backstab, or the oil attack + fire
>>
>>338324620
actually thats one thing i forgot to ask, is positioning.

im very use to WoW's combat. Im not sure if its the hitboxes, or what, but WoW just seems more... fluid?

when auto-attacking, will it cancel if I move too far away? I always right click to select and attack a target. sometimes i double right click, im nto sure if thats cancelling my attack.
>>
>>338324819
Depends on your tactics, you can program your party to attack the nearest enemy, or the one attacking your weakest party member etc, so it's up to you

If you don't setup tactics they'll just stand there if the attack is interrupted, That's why pausing is important, so you can see what the fuck is going on with your party
>>
>>338325464
so tactics would help automate the gameplay a bit more? funny I just had my first death against some giant ogre an his 2 buddies in the forest.

The ogre did some smash attack and all my guys went to half health. Then it was just me, Sten, vs 1 ranged guy an he beat me with a sliver of hp cause i had no pots :(
>>
>>338323603
Origins is nothing like that.
You are thinking of Dragon Age 2, a worthless pile of garbage game.
>>
>>338323162
Over complicating it DESU
You can just set up some strat for your companions on the menu for that and go
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.