[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was WoW actually good? I was never allowed to play it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1382983000555.jpg (11 KB, 493x326) Image search: [Google]
1382983000555.jpg
11 KB, 493x326
So was WoW actually good? I was never allowed to play it because my parents thought I would become addicted and never leave the computer, plus there's a subscription. Instead I played runescape and defended it to the death because I couldn't play wow (I was literally the fox and the grapes). At this point I'm just wondering if I was right all along in saying wow was bad or if I truly missed out. I played wc3/fz a lot and loved the story
>>
>>338316969
Is WoW that Runescape ripoff everyone talks about?
>>
>Runescape thread
>Everyone that posts in it has less firemaking exp than me
What's even the point
>>
>>338316969
Your parents were smart as fuck. Go thank them now
>>
>>338318340
I don't live with them anymore anon
>>
File: 1461697483182.png (236 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461697483182.png
236 KB, 480x360
Was the GE update the worst update?

It led to so many gold farmers to make mad loot easily, while proportionately ruining the economy. It also killed off much of the player interactivity that was once one of the game's greatest charms.

Inb4wildyandskillcapes
>>
>>338316969
You lucked out. Runescape is better than WoW
>>
WoW was fantastic when it started. It was as much a game of fashion as it was an RPG. You started off wearing shit, then finding new gear quickly from the first few monsters, then you can buy some white stuff in the next tow if you had just enough cash, then after 10 you start getting some green quality rewards, and you start to look goofy. By 20 you're looking all green gear'd up and you look really awful. Finding those first pairs of white cloth shoulderpads improves things a bit. Around 25 you got some decently thick shoulderpads but your cape looks awful so you keep grinding hard. Then you get some cool looking weapons by that point if you didn't find any in the Deadmines/Wailing Cavern. If you can get to mid 30's you usually start looking for a nice hat to wear, or helmet if you're lucky. Then at 40 you have to decide whether you want a full set of mail/plate or if you want a mount. If you didn't have enough for a mount, you gotta farm for a few days because getting through your 40's really requires one. Tanaris/STV are big and it's slow as fuck to get around on foot. Usually you spend your late 30's dicking around in the different Scarlet Monastery instances and that run to the dungeon for alliance makes everyone want a mount ASAP.

Maybe by 50 you're starting to look halfway decent. Might get lucky enough to get into Maraudon princess runs to get that fucking Thrash Blade or that badass shield that had an animation.

Finally you hit 60 and look like absolute shit again, so you focus on collecting 8/8 of your blue class set. This takes at least a few months but you look cool as hell after that and then you farm the fire resist needed for molten core.

Once you get into a big raid guild they don't even struggle with MC anymore and you walk out of your first run through with at least 2 epics that nobody else needed. Now you're starting to look badass. After a few more weeks of getting catch-up molten core set items you're looking cool as fuck!
>>
>>338316969
>I was literally the fox and the grapes
you really don't know what "literally" means, do you?
you really don't know what a metaphor is, do you?
>>
>>338316969
WoW was great, but things started going downhill in 2008. Once Cataclysm launched in late 2010, it wasn't really worth playing.
>>
>>338322140
>I only played on private servers: the post
>>
>>338322518
I played in 2004/5...
>>
WoW was the height of gaming for me from 2004-2006

it was also the first MMO i ever played so i'm probably a bit biased, but nothing will ever feel like going through elwynn forest and westfall and loch modan for the first time
>>
>>338318340
what this anon said is exactly right. WoW on release was addictive as fuck and would have fucked your life if you had played

However modern WoW is only a shadow of what it used to be, honestly it probably is pretty shit and boring nowadays, there's a reason why Blizzard is investing into new games like HS and Overwatch
>>
File: NgickQE(2).gif (965 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
NgickQE(2).gif
965 KB, 250x140
>>
Should I make a Troll Druid or Shaman if I want to heal PvE?
>>
>>338323808
It was the first MMO for a lot of people and even for those who had played MMOs before it was in most cases such a jump up in overall quality that people were amazed by it.

Also I don't know what it really was but something in it got normies intrested by the fuckloads. Basically every dude in my high school was playing it soon after it came out.

>>338316969
It was good but it got way worse over the years. And some people did get really fucking addicted, including me. I played on/off from the EU release until early Cataclysm and even went back for small bits for Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor. In a way you could be happy for not getting into it and potentially "losing" a huge chunk of your life. I do look back and think what else I would've been doing had I not played WoW so much.

The main story wasn't that heavily present in the game just slightly pointed towards here and there aside from a couple major questlines. It was sort of cool to see it evolve over the years as they released new raids and expansions.
>>
File: 2016-05-03 02.18.51.jpg (107 KB, 498x556) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03 02.18.51.jpg
107 KB, 498x556
The objectively best looking sets in vanilla were Paladin t2
Hunter t1
Rogue t2
Warrior t3
Warrior gm
Hunter gm
And Druid t2

Everything else was shit, except every other Paladin tier which just like the class as a whole was dog shit

Bonus pic: ease tension on your wrist and prevent carpal tunnel
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.