[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Black desert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
Thoughts on Black desert?
>>
trash
>>
>>338311129
>>
>>338311129
>>
>>338311129
elaborate please
>>
Just sold my account today. Abosolute garbage.

The character creator is amazing, but that's the only bright spot of the game.
>>
>>338311005
they control the economy, it's a commie game
>>
>>338311005
i have played it basically nonstop the last 2 months and i love it. it filled the empty gap in my heart after wotlk
>>
>>338313225
It was decent at first but now its P2W.

>How?
World bosses drop the best gear, your contribution on world bosses is based on the amount of damage you do.

World bosses kill you in one hit, and then you revive and run back to the fight, but there's this thing you can buy for real money that lets you revive where you died, thereby keeping your damage on the boss up and getting the best gear.
>>
>>338313225
There's no free trade. All trade is done at auction houses where prices are set by the devs.

Combat is shallow and easy as fuck, albeit "action" combat for you memers.

Progression is infinite. Players who started before you will always be ahead of you and significantly stronger because even 1 additional level is enough to nullify any skill advantage you might have.

PvE is just boss zergs and dodge rolling cleaves.

For positives, it has a good character creation menu. It looks good. The world is very comfy, you can chill in a quiet forest and fish from a river or go sailing on a small boat in the middle of the ocean. That's really it.
>>
>>338313658
>>338313465
>>338313417
How is Archeage?
>>
>>338313920
dead
>>
Been playing for a couple days since I got a free guest pass from a friend.

First Impressions:
>Character creator and character models are godly
>Voice acting is horrid
>UI is a clusterfuck, but still usable
>You can literally AFK everything but combat so far
>Combat seems cool, comboing is fun, but it feels a tad unresponsive, and isn't as smooth as something like Vindictus
>No enemies have been challenging, so combos and dodging seem pointless (I'm only level 23 though, this might not be indicative of lategame)
>Tutorial is pretty fucking awful, there's a dozen things dropped on you and you just kinda have to figure it out on your own
>Mount system seems neat, breeding your own horses and having a stable of your mounts you swap out
>Economy, housing, guilds, and basically everything seems player controlled, obviously I'm unable to get into any of that being new but the endgame is there

I've had a lot of really bad pop-in and graphics issues within the game, granted my PC isn't the best anymore but I've sure as hell run better looking games than this without this much problem.
>>
>>338313225
Combat seems like itd be good BUT
PvE is so braindead you don't make use of it and PvP is entirely gear/ranger based so you don't make use of it.
Graphics look nice in screenshots but they purposefully added unbelievable amounts of pop in so they could tie it to your vision stat.
Character Creator looks impressive but is actually a lot more limited than other char creators out today. Male characters have a complete lack of options compared to female characters, who already dont have much to work with.
More Pay 2 Win Items and more ghille suits which is basically a license for consequence-free pking as long as you grind back karma
The Karma system is awful and if you go into negative karma you're pretty much going to be grinding 100+ hours to get out. So this basically kills any actual world pvp outside of ganks. Not that theres any point other than grinding spot because fuck gear drops or anything. So the only pvp people do is guild wars which is just the same old zerg-building safezone hugging game you've played and hated a million times over.
The game might as well be a single player game because you cant trade with other players and the price of your items that you can sell in the auction house is determined by the game. the "trading" profession is literally about selling items to NPCs.
There is infinite grind and due to the importance of gear and levels if you're not grinding you're just wasting your time.
So basically all you do in this game is grind with the blind illusion that at some point in the future you will have fun.
>>
>>338313920
even worse
>>
>>338313871
>All trade is done at auction houses where prices are set by the devs.
How does that play?
>>
>>338311005
played it for a month or so, couldnt get a good weapon after too many tries purchasing off AH, quit
>>
>>338314825
Like the GE in Runescape when they killed free trade. It doesn't play or feel like an MMO at all. It's like buying/selling everything at a series of vendors.
>>
>>338314825
its not really true
Yes you cannot trade with players, but the price is set by the players, however its basically a number of interations with NPC's, you dont play much with others
>>
File: 2016-01-23_1111765059.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23_1111765059.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
Good for waifu generation

Bad for everything else
>>
I wish i'd bought it when I had the money for it

Game wasnt great
But it's the only mmo on the market where I can enjoy the fishing the way I used to

god I miss fishing minigames
>>
>>338311005
Watching the forum and the community of this game was comedy gold

These autistic retards were literally repsonsible for the death of this game

I've never seen so much fanboyism in my life, not even CoD and minecraft kids were that autistic.

Literally the devs destroyed the game step by step, (remove trade between players, remove open world houses, remove localized auction houses, remove most world bosses, add p2win cash shop, make it so that only clothes purchased from the cash shop will show up on your body etc) and the forums was like "WOOHOO DEVS !! THAT"S THE WAY TO GO !!! PRAISE OUR GODS
>>
File: Magic in BDO.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Magic in BDO.webm
3 MB, 700x394
It was fun for about a month, then I just dropped it all the way.

Mostly because I was going into trader skill and no one knew how to properly unlock things like illegal trading.

Sat in first place across multiple channels on my server pretty much all the time.
>>
File: On par with skyrim.webm (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
On par with skyrim.webm
3 MB, 400x225
Combat was a lot of fun though, Wish there was a single player game that had this sort of stuff for a magic class.

But shits always slow paced and clunky.
>>
File: BDO Witch class.webm (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
BDO Witch class.webm
2 MB, 400x225
>>
DFO is the only good korean vidya
>>
>>338311005
complete and utter disappointment from start to finish
>>
>>338316473
>the forums

holy shit yes. It's like a disease that somehow constantly diseases itself.
>>
>>338314280
Everyone has the pop in. Something to do with the engine. I think someone threw it as being your viewing distance you can improve kinda like light radius in Diablo 2, but I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.
>>
File: Guts simulator.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Guts simulator.webm
3 MB, 480x270
does anything in BDO compare to THE OG.

Vindictus
>>
>>338315462
So basically like every other Korean MMO.
>>
>>338318119
I was too late to get into Vindictus, and it sucks.
>>
Are therer any decent mmos out there? How is Final fantasy?
>>
>>338319467
>Are there any decent mmos out there?

No.
>>
>>338319467
nope
>>
>>338313920
They killed it Jim.

It was balling out of control in alpha, but it was already on the way to destruction in beta.
>>
>>338313871
>Progression is infinite.

This is how it should work. Hard level caps are retarded, 'end game' is retarded as a concept.
>>
>>338320041
You never catch up to the highest level players and a 1 level advantage in BDO creates such a significant power gap that's it's nearly impossible for a level 52 to beat a level 53 for example. The people who started playing immediately will always rape you no matter what.
>>
>>338311005
I think that it's an MMO, and therefore faggotry that only a faggot would play. It is therefore perfect for you OP.
>>
Would be the perfect mmo if the servers weren't so shit, and the levels of grind and rng weren't so damn autistic.

It has some really sweet moments especially when it comes to open world gvg but other than that the game forces you to grind endlessly, and penalizes you if you don't.
>>
File: Yen Witcher.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yen Witcher.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>338311005
I find it funny how a korean MMO's character creation tool can make a better version of characters from other games, where they work so hard to construct each character uniquely.

This random character looks like a better Yen from Witcher.
>>
>>338320174
>it's nearly impossible for a level 52 to beat a level 53 for example

That's clearly a design flaw, but it's unrelated to no level cap.
>>
>>338320880
>This random character looks like a better Yen from Witcher.
No it doesn't. It looks like blobby weeb shit compared to Yen in W3.
>>
>>338321101
It's also untrue. But ignore that anon.
>>
>>338320880
She looks more like a ciri
>>
>>338321234
>Fully articulated human face, with care to recognize muscle groups and underlying skeletal structure.
>Blobby weeb shit
>>
>>338322123
>Fully articulated human face, with care to recognize muscle groups and underlying skeletal structure
We must be looking at different pictures
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1voEtFV5M
>>
>>338322123

If you think real women look like the one in OP you seriously need to go outside more. She looks like a fucking anime character
>>
It's a fantastic character creator with a banal Korean grindfest attached to it.
>>
>>338323798
They do though. Maybe you live in an area full of slags.
>>
>>338324826
>caked makeup, lighting, and photoshop
my point exactly
>>
>>338324826
>makeup
>retarded lighting/saturation
>probably shooped as well because eyes look weird

Thanks for proving my point

Good luck getting your dick hard with a real woman, if you ever get the chance
>>
>>338323532
I guess I always wanted to fight a rainbow spirit.
>>
File: 1429386692871.jpg (140 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
1429386692871.jpg
140 KB, 560x570
>>338314280
>UI is a clusterfuck
Reminder: Whenever someone says this it usually means they're a 720p shitter.
>>
File: 1437487439156.jpg (89 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1437487439156.jpg
89 KB, 400x600
>>338325392
>>338325548
Not photoshop.
Look up Julia Vins. She has a thousand images out there. She does cake on the make p though. But makeup is still reality. She hasn't changed the shape of her face. She's only changed the complexion of her skin. Yen wears make up. And so do the black desert characters.
Also, the lighting in video games aren't real.
>>
>>338325937
This pic looks more similar to Yen than your original BDO one.
>>
File: goncerned.jpg (82 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
goncerned.jpg
82 KB, 800x618
My friends and I started playing it together. It seems alright so far, but all the discussion about it is so pessimistic.

Am I still going to enjoy it after a month or two?
Does BDO have a future?
>>
File: Yen.gif (4 MB, 194x246) Image search: [Google]
Yen.gif
4 MB, 194x246
>>338320880
> looks like a better Yen

You wish anon
>>
File: 1323881561889.jpg (77 KB, 469x700) Image search: [Google]
1323881561889.jpg
77 KB, 469x700
>>338326026
Now you're talking crazy. That Asian girl is further removed from Yen than the BDO character. But I posted her anyway, because her face is almost doll-like.
>>
>>338325937
>he thinks people look exactly like they do in pictures

I give up, you're too far gone
>>
File: 1463181851185.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1463181851185.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Fun for a 3-4 weeks or so if you play it with a casual approach and just take your time leveling up and doing professions and fishing.

Might also be fun if you're a tryhard turboNEET who plays 10 hours a day.

If you don't fit into those 2 categories you won't like the game because you will almost never feel like you're getting anywhere meaningful progression-wise, and if you're not a casual you will care about it after getting 2-shot in PvP for the 12th time.
>>
>>338327618
No I don't. Why would you say that?
>>
>>338326360
is that a boy or a girl?
>>
>>338328716
I never figured that out myself. The source of the image has be deleted, and there doesn't seem to be a trace to the model. I like to imagine it's a girl.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.