[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the overwatch shorts such shit? I was expecting qual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1271x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1271x537
Why are the overwatch shorts such shit? I was expecting quality Blizzard cinematics. it's fucking BLIZZARD for crying out loud. The tychus suit up cinematic at the start of sc2 is fucking amazing compared to the shit we get with overwatch.

The TF2 cinematics and comic series are lightyears ahead of Overwatch's. IDK why Blizzard is shitting them out so fast instead of working on them slowly. all of the tf2 shorts are incredible with the exception of meet the pyro.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus

Feel free to post the overwatch shorts/comics for anons that havent seen them, im no shill. They still pale in comparison.
>>
>>338307948
Tf2 is dead man. It's time to let go.
>>
>>338308082

What happens if I won't? Are you gonna report me to the internet police?
>>
File: tf2dc.jpg (263 KB, 1201x916) Image search: [Google]
tf2dc.jpg
263 KB, 1201x916
Why are TF2friends so worried about Overwatch?
>>
>>338308082
Okay, but that doesnt mean we cant compare the content from overwatch and tf2.
>>
hanzo and genji story was decent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnNOa1cQgBc
>>
>>338307948
TF2s artstyle is fucking disgusting.
That alone makes Overwatch better to me.
>>
>>338308585
Tf2 art design is complete shit.
>>
>>338308468
That's an awfully old image to keep pasta-ing

Also

>overwatch players can discuss tf2

>when tf2 players discuss overwatch, they're worried

Overwatch does some things right, things that would be nice in tf2. And vice versa

Heavens forbid people discuss things on platforms designed for discussion
>>
>>338308082
The game being dead doesn't negate the quality of the "Meet the"s
>>
>>338307948
Overwatch is Blizzard trying their hardest to be like Pixar. It all comes off as dishonest to me, like it all is created after extensive focus group testing and like there are executives meddling with the product way too much.
>>
>be excited for Overwatch
>hear that Blizzard refuses to ban micspammers, griefers, and other people who ruin the game
>drop it like it's hot

I was only willing to spend 40 dollars if they were willing to keep the community from devolving into something you'd see from an F2P game. Come on, it was the whole point of the price wall. If they're not even gonna try, then Screw that.
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>338307948
Ain't gonna say anything.
>>
>>338308468
TF2 has some very intelligent design decisions that made it a great success.

Overwatch has waifus and Blizzard fanboys.

It's concerning because, like what happened with WoW and MMOs in general, other shooters will ignore the good from TF2 and replicate Overwatch.
>>
>>338309264
You should learn to give valid rebuttals instead of hiding behind (you)s

Stand up for what you believe in anon. It only makes your position stronger
>>
>>338309178
>hear that Blizzard refuses to ban micspammers, griefers, and other people who ruin the game
Tf2 has been like that even before it went f2p.
>>
Rate cinematics
>God tier
Medic, Spy, Sniper
>Good tier
Soldier, scout
>Bad tier
Pyro, Heavy
>Shit tier
Demo, Engineer
>>
>>338309178
You can mute people, its not hard.
>>
All Tf2 needs is waifus then Overwatch wouldn't even matter anymore.
>>
>>338309516
Yes, but any TF2 server worth playing on had voteban enabled. Overwatch doesn't even have vote kick.
>>
>>338309639

It needs to be optimized, it runs like shit.
>>
>>338309881

are you fucking serious?

I can't believe i didnt think to check that during the beta

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
File: sswankah.jpg (260 KB, 903x1000) Image search: [Google]
sswankah.jpg
260 KB, 903x1000
>>338309639
>wanting a waifu in TF2

TF2 already has all you need
>>
>>338307948
Man Expiration Date was so cool, and it seemingly came out of nowhere. I want another full SFM from Valve again.

but it will NEVER happen.
>>
>>338309606
>Pyro
>bad tier

Seems someone fell for the "they're pandering to bronies!!!!!" bandwagon
>>
>>338310075
Nah valve is rolling out another big update when the release competitive and goodies for the casuals are in the works according to b4nny.

Maybe a cinematic

But i hope they refactor/ optimize stuff so the game runs better on newer cards.
>>
>>338310348
Meet the pyro is the worst "meet the" video but i dont blame adultswim, they gave it a college try.
>>
Fucking comic when? Many people have died waiting for it.
>>
>>338310075
>>338307948

never watched Expiration date because I stopped caring but I actually really like this so far

I dont know how I feel about Scout's crush on Pauling being canonized though
>>
>in during le dead meme

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>338309396
>the good from TF2

"The good" for game companies is what sells, so they will take away micro-transactions instead of the gameplay elements.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 655x527
>>338310946
anon are you having a stroke?
>>
>>338311127

I don't know. Can you send help?
>>
>All that's left for TF2fags to hold on to is cinematics
>In a multiplayer game

"had better story" would look nice on the tombstone I guess.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.