[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the equivalent of seeing your girlfriend cheat on you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: yosp.jpg (26 KB, 546x320) Image search: [Google]
yosp.jpg
26 KB, 546x320
Is this the equivalent of seeing your girlfriend cheat on you?
>>
>>338301858
Literally who?
>>
>>338301858
The video game equivalent of your girlfriend cheating on you is you buying a good game, then the company that developes it (girlfriend) makes the sequel appeal to a wider audience (the other man).

Pretty much the entire story of the video game industry is equivalent to your girl leaving your for another man.
>>
>>338302685

Shuhei Yoshida is President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Yoshida is among those responsible for the creation of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s 170-person internal product development team.
>>
>>338301858

No. It would be more like watching your girlfriend pat your neighbor's retarded kid on the head and say he's cute.
>>
>>338301858
no
>current year
>being a fucking fanboy
>>
>>338301858
THEY ARE NOT COMPETING, THEY SEE THE WII U AS A KIDS TOY
>>
>>338301858
because he's involved with sony, that means he absolutely cant enjoy products from other companies?

are you actually mentally ill??
>>
>>338301858
Like you know what a girlfriend is.
>>
>yfw actual people in the companies don't give a shit about console rivalries and frequently admit to playing and owning shit from their "competitors"

Leave it to "gamers" to shit everything up.
>>
>>338303481
this
>>
>>338301858
It's not uncommon for higher ups at major game companies to admit they use and enjoy competitor's products. Larry Hryb (Major Nelson; the Director of Programming for Xbox Live) has a PS4 and has taken time in his podcast (which might as well be the official podcast of Microsoft's gaming division) to talk about PS4 games he has been enjoying.

There really isn't some bitter hatred between these people. The console wars are only fought by 12 year old kids on Youtube comments.
>>
If you were rich(or even just wise with your money) you'd own every console too.
>>
>>338301858
>has to buy a competing platform to play some games
that's just sad
>>
>>338303481
Simply put, people with money will buy what they want. Idort masterrace remains the best option overall.
>>
>>338303623
>The console wars are only fought by 12 year old kids on Youtube comments.
And here
>>
i just came in my underwear and i cant be bothered to clean up lol
>>
>>338303764
hot
>>
>>338301858
Isn't this old? If I remember right, he played the wii u with his twin daughter who look exactly like him.
>>
>>338303481
I'm pretty sure people in the industry have to play games by their competitors so they aren't blind to what their competitors are doing.
>>
>>338303481
You need to understand the product your competitors are offering if you're intending to actually compete with them.
>>
>>338303738
/v/ has a massive population of underage retards. Crossover is expected.
>>
>>338304058
If only more people realized this.
>>
>>338303481

The only reason Shu is outspoken like this is because the Wii U lost. See if you can spot any Sony executive saying nice things about the 3ds
>>
>Shuhei Yoshida owns a Wii U
>Phil Spencer is enjoying Uncharted 4
>Nintendo employees had no idea Xbox Live and PSN even existed

>/v/ will try to tell you that Nintendo are the only ones that are truly care about games
>>
>>338304526
This is exactly why Nintendo is failing to catch up. Even this anon understands it >>338304058
>>
>>338304058
>>338304212
You don't need to buy their product to do that
>>
>>338301858
This is the most pathetic thread I've seen on /v/ in a long time.
Jesus Christ, OP.
>>
>>338305065
You will be getting way more information if you do. Your single sale to them won't make a difference compared to the amount of information you will gain. If you don't want to be seen with the competitor's product then simply don't make it public.
>>
>>338303840
Yep, years old. They even kept the date on that tweet, it's from 2012.
>>
>>338305065
It's one thing to have someone tell you something and another entirely to experience it yourself. The gap between knowledge and experience isn't small.
>>
File: hadrian.jpg (35 KB, 288x426) Image search: [Google]
hadrian.jpg
35 KB, 288x426
>>338301858

I don't think console babbies are old enough to understand what dating means.
>>
>>338303956
Except for Nintendo.

Even the fucking PS3 allowed an account to be bind to several system and gave you control over that shit.

It's like they still think online play is just some kind of trend that will die
>>
>>338302685

Yeah, he's one of the three main faces of video games.

Honestly, I don't think there IS a way to have a more video game related image.
>>
>>338303738
Makes you think, doesn't it?
>>
>>338303481

Not quite true.

Iwata had a PS4, and Yoshida does have a Wii U.

Neither have an XBox One.
>>
File: le psycho face.jpg (53 KB, 450x475) Image search: [Google]
le psycho face.jpg
53 KB, 450x475
>>338303481
Fuckin THIS
>work for Pepsi
>people ask all the time what I think about Coca-Cola
>when I frequently drink it and enjoy it
>>
No because console wars are a marketing scheme designed to attract children. People in the industry don't hold loyalties like 5 year olds
>>
>>338304058
The thing people fail to accept is that Nintendo wasn't competing with anyone.
>>
File: 1454621507_picture.jpg (177 KB, 450x549) Image search: [Google]
1454621507_picture.jpg
177 KB, 450x549
I kind of find it endearing.
Shuhei playing Wii U games.

Phil Spencer congratulating Sony for Bloodborne's success.

Cross platform play for Rocket League.

You guys can be cynical all you want, I like the jolly vibes.
>>
>>338301858
It saddens me that people on /v/ constantly pushes this console war faggotry as if it's impossible to own more than one piece or hardware. You are the cancer killing this place.
>>
>>338306846
Uhh but bit is impossible.
Mommy said I can only get 1 console, so I picked PS4 masterrace. Pcucks and nintoddlers are just jealous
>>
>>338306846
I think there are a lot of people who stay away from consolefaggotry threads
>>
File: al capone.jpg (39 KB, 660x433) Image search: [Google]
al capone.jpg
39 KB, 660x433
>>338306265
>It's like they still think online play is just some kind of trend that will die

Or they realize it's a trend that's much, much better on PC, without MS and Sony ramming down their PSN and Xbox Gold subscription services down your throat as yearly charges.

Nintendo competes in its own space while Sony and MS try desperately to be a casual PC.

I don't even own a WiiU because Nintendo is, however, retarded by not launching a new system with Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash. Those are all first-party properties and should be ready day fucking 1 of a console launch.
>>
>>338306806
>Cross platform play for Rocket League.

FFXI was already crossplatform between PS2, X360, and PC long long ago.

And, to cheat a bit, PSO did the same stuff between Dreamcast and Gamecube.
>>
>>338306846
>nintendo banned his account for posting info about playstation stuff
>>
>>338307256
Yeah, I know. Its just more topical so I used that as an example instead.

There should be an annual peace day sometime during E3 where all the respective platforms lay down their arms and do skits and stuff together.
Like Shuhei and Spencer arm wrestling with Reggie as the ref.
Or a bunch of signature characters like Mario and Master chief goofing off together in an animation.
Each company shows a few trailers. Some friendly competition where they try to one up each other.

Then the next day they can go back to cut throat business mode
>>
>>338307105
I dislike the Xbox Live Gold/PSN+ thing to play online too. It was free on PS3 though and being able to play a game online is nice.

I also meant to critize the other stupid shit Nintendo does, like having to puchase Super Mario Bros for each console in order to play it. Or how your account is bound to your system and you need to call daddy Nintendo to change it.

I agree with you on the retarded launch. They did the same thing with the 3DS and should've learned from that but they're too arrogant.
That we never saw much of the new Zelda just shows that they are far from happy with the WiiU.

Everybody says they compete in their own space but I think that they just can't into competition. I think that it's because hey're used to be king and whip third party devs and stores but those days are long over
>>
>>338301858
No, because only retards can't own or even care that someone has more then one console.
>>
>>338307105
keep believing that pcuck.
>>
>>338306573

Yoshida has an xbone. He was posting complements about Quantum Break a few weeks back. Iwata never talked about what consoles he had and only ever refered to the 360 as the platform he played the first Bayonetta on but never talked much about other consoles and games.

Force your memes but the console war doesn't exist in the professional world any more. Not since everyone found out what really happened at Sega and Nintendo and how they nearly pulled the industry under hardcore government regulation globally by their staff taking the console war personally.
>>
This reminds me how I always liked to read the FF9 Walkthrough in a game magazine I used to buy and looked at the pictures.
I didn't own a PS1 and I tried to get it run during the early days of ePSXe which was a big pain in the ass.
Luckily my father got me a PS2 someday.

It was my first FF and still my favorite
>>
>>338301858
Console wars don't exist anymore, stop being a faggot OP
>>
DidnĀ“t Satoru Iwata said once he played his PS1 a lot?
>>
>>338303217
THEN THE PRESIDENT OF SONY IS A KID FOR PLAYING IT???
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>338306396
Kaz is the face of Sony m8
>>
>>338308653
>Not since everyone found out what really happened at Sega and Nintendo and how they nearly pulled the industry under hardcore government regulation globally by their staff taking the console war personally.

Well, it's not like their shenanigans weren't public knowledge back in the 90s, especially since half of it happened in congressional hearings and public courts.
>>
>>338309664
>Well, it's not like their shenanigans weren't public knowledge back in the 90s, especially since half of it happened in congressional hearings and public courts.

It wasn't even half. Sega and Nintendo staff were getting sick, having to go home an being out of the office as they were overworking themselves hardcore that some even developed serious illnesses like pneumonia and everyone was finding it harder to find jobs because everyone was afraid of trade secrets being spilled. It was some serious shit.

Never mind the senate also smelled a rat when Nintendo threw Sega under the bus during the congressional hearings that the FTC started investigating Nintendo for anti-trust violations again. Though there wasn't much litigation. Nintendo and Sega successfully sued Sony over some bullshit regarding Psygnosis games that were already signed for N64 and Saturn. Sony bought the company but promised they would still fuffil contracts. They started cancelling Saturn and N64 versions citing "Quality control". Sega and Nintendo dragged them to court and made them cough up both the budget/publishing costs and the legal fees. Nintendo and Sega never sued each other to my knowledge.
>>
>>338303481
The worst thing is that people are fucking angry at them for it. I remember when phil spencer said that uncharted is one of the games he's looking forward towards this year and people told him to kill himself.
>>
It's almost like people who work in video games are individual people who will play whatever game they want to play and don't see every other company or individual as a threat
>>
>>338310409

Forgot to add. People only found out about the fact Sega and Nintendo employees were literally overworking themselves to near death in 2014 when the book about it came out. No one in the industry talked about that before. Some old Sega employees talked about how Sega Japan fucked up but they never realised just how badly they were bleeding talent because of the unending war. Tom Kalinske didn't even step down from Sega because of the Saturn. It was because he wanted to spend time with his family.

Turned out no one looked good either, even Sony who came across as massive dicks and predators (Who even had their PR purposely trash their employee welcome booths in hotels where Nintendo and Sega were camped in E3 1995 with "RIP Sonic/Mario" graffiti and displays torn down). But the culture of staying quiet in the industry meant that no one talked about the massive crunch and pressure even the top level was at or that taking the war so personally would actually start bleeding into their own lives and fuck up the industry.

One of the reasons I bet Sony delayed that film about it is because the book rights was signed in the middle of it being made when it seemed like such a good underdog story (And Seth Rogen wanted to produce it) but the final book was incredibly dark between the lines and painted an industry that was so immature, they were willing to look like fools in front of the government for a competivie advantage. And it turned out Joe Liberman wasn't just after it for violence. The government was very wary regarding how the industry traded and sold to retailers, so unless Sega and Nintendo were dragged out to make an ESRB, the government could have clamped down on the industry as a whole and regulated it.

Good luck to Sony making that and showing the industry in a good light.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.