[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It has bad controls for a game focusing on melee combat. >underage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x908
It has bad controls for a game focusing on melee combat.

>underage

No, you're just too fucking dense.
>>
>>338296937
i liked the game
>>
>>338296937
Xbox emulator when
>>
>>338297352

me too
>>
Shame no HD collection was ever made
>>
I was raised on Resident Evil clones and tank controls, Onimusha was my joint.

If you can Issen you don't even need to move.
>>
I played either the 2nd or 3rd one and remembered liking it other than the camera at times.
>>
>>338296937
It wasn't that bad once you realized the controls were centered around around the character rather than the camera. Left meant the character's left not the perspective of the camera's left. Plus they had a lock on for enemies. Did this really give you that much trouble?
>>
>>338296937
Nope, you need to git gud with the parries, underage.
>>
>>338297679
In the very least I would have preferred to have analog support but DMC style controls would have been optimal.
>>
>>338296937
I don't understand the format of this post.
Are you saying people who had no problems with Onimusha's controls are dense, or did you miss the green-meme button or what?
>>
GO, MARCELLUS!!

GO, MARCELLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUS!!!
>>
>>338296937
Underage casual detected.
>>
>>338297768
Doesn't DMC have a free camera? They wanted the game to look really good visually, hence the still background single shot camera areas. You can make a game look really good if there aren't any models for most thing just still HD images. If you want to keep that high quality aesthetic then the camera has to be stationary and if the camera is constantly switching perspectives and changing which way your character goes when you press left then it's going to get really annoying to play.
>>
>>338297768
>>338298141
Pretty sure Onimusha used pre-rendered backgrounds. Free camera wouldn't have been possible.
>>
>>338298353

This man is correct.
>>
>>338298353
Right I should have specified I was talking about Onimusha when I was talking about the still background images.
>>
>>338296937
The controls were like that on purpose. By crippling the player it felt more like a horror game and less like a generic action game.
>>
>>338298353
That much I realize but the control orientation isn't mutually dependent on that.
>>
Ninja Gaiden has an awful camera that makes it borderline unplayable.
>>
>>338299218
Maybe not necessarily but if you wanted the control orientation to be centered around the camera like they were in DMC then you'd have to change the camera and if you changed the camera you probably wouldn't be able to use pre-rendered images.
>>
File: 2887889-135956091231.jpg (15 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
2887889-135956091231.jpg
15 KB, 294x294
>>338299381
>>
>>338296937
>No, you're just too fucking dense.
Irony.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.