[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch thread, but for people who don't like the game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: OW_genji_cinematic_trailer[1].jpg (187 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
OW_genji_cinematic_trailer[1].jpg
187 KB, 675x380
Overwatch thread, but for people who don't like the game. What do you dislike about it and what would you change to improve it?
>>
Drop Bastion. Even if you're not retarded, a Bastion pussy in a corner ruins the game if your team is retarded. Retards will defend Bastion with "Hurr durr nobody at high skill levels uses him" Well then what the fuck is the reason to not nerf or drop him? If he's bad at high levels then why keep him at low levels where he does nothing but anger newcomers to the game?

He's easy to kill, but he ruins the fun.
>>
>>338284058
no one dislikes it, therefore this thread is dead.
>>
>>338284761
>Retards will defend Bastion with "Hurr durr nobody at high skill levels uses him" Well then what the fuck is the reason to not nerf or drop him?

This entire argument makes no sense. If he's not used at higher levels, the solution is to nerf him even harder? What?

He doesn't ruin the fun at all. He only works if your team is retarded, you said it yourself. Should Blizzard design balance with retards in mind now?
>>
>people who don't like Overwatch
>>
the price

should be free desu
>>
>>338285492

Why?
>>
>>338285393
I'm honestly only getting it because my friends are going to be playing it. I think it's watered down and casual as fuck but at least it'll be better with friends.
>>
>>338284058
I liked it, exactly for 3 days, then I got bored because I've seen everything game has to offer - nothing to master.
>>
No complaints other than it being 80$ in canada
>>
>>338285587
because i'm a third world nigger
>>
>>338285758
it's 30 here, for MP game that you would play for months is worth it, IF you play it for months.
>>
>>338284058
Well the only thing I don't like about the game is that you haven't preordered it yet, OP.
>>
File: 1442048029544[2].jpg (37 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1442048029544[2].jpg
37 KB, 177x278
>>338285702

So in 3 days you were on this level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIEY9-mPn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-SE2Qeqj1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgTAkuJ6IX4
>>
- it's an activision-blizzard game
- no server list, no displayed pings
- locked fov
- 20 hz tickrate in most of the game, on servers hosted by a multi-billion dollar company
- muh counter pick
- lack of depth immediately apparent
- low skill floor and low skill ceiling-
- no known ways to git gud via hidden mechanics/physics/animations
- slow movement speed
- melee is useless and feels like minecraft
- bad respawn system
- two game modes, less than ten maps
- mechanically limited due to consoles
- play of the game is stupid
- guns feel like airsoft
- too many heroes
>>
>>338285942

>- no known ways to git gud via hidden mechanics/physics/animations

animation canceling

>- melee is useless and feels like minecraft

yeah you definitely don't know what you're talking about. melee is useless top kek. animation canceling combos bruv
>>
Make Q's less integral to everyone set, like I get it's an ult so it should be strong and I'm probably just whiney because I'm comparing it to TF2 but it feels like either Q's are too strong or just get built too quickly, more often than not it feels like the only counter to a Q is another Q (obviously this isn't the case with like Junkrat or D.VA), and it feels like having two Q's dropped on a team is almost guaranteed teamwipe... unless countered by more Q's. I just don't want that to end up what the game is based around, but I only had open beta experience, maybe I have more to learn.
>>
>>338286142

I'm just super disappointed that in all of the closed and open beta, there's no evidence of things to master as a player regarding physics. It really set apart the good from the great in TF2/Quake.

>melee

Yeah, I guess you could animation cancel with it, and also use it as Roadhog after a pointblank shot.

I forgot to say melee feels shitty too. Nothing slices, crushes. It's all just people bouncing around. There's no combos and no alternate attacks.
>>
>>338285919
well, except those snipes I can't do them physically being a bit too old and general dislike of sniping, it's normal genji gameplay
>>
>>338284058
The setting, characters and artstyle.

It just doesn't fit together. Feels like a big pile of random ideas. It's a mess.
>>
>>338285196
>Should Blizzard design balance with retards in mind now?

To be fair the entire game was designed from the ground up to be accommodating to retards and casuals who can't handle real FPSes.
>>
>>338286663
>it's normal genji gameplay

no, its good genji gameplay. your normal average genji isn't anywhere near that level.
>>
>>338284761
>Drop Bastion.
Well maybe if people didn't just run staright to him they'd kill him
>>
>>338287008

Most of the time people aren't running at him. They're running into an area where he has a very unfair vantage point that can see the player but they can't see him.

Bad map design is why Bastion excelled at farming people. The fact that he has a rapid self heal and 360 degree view is just bonus.
>>
File: oBsx7fm.png (253 KB, 1023x574) Image search: [Google]
oBsx7fm.png
253 KB, 1023x574
>>338286723

reminds me of another game
>>
File: 1447081184241.jpg (151 KB, 444x529) Image search: [Google]
1447081184241.jpg
151 KB, 444x529
I was a day 1 closed beta player. Here are my opinions:

Not enough maps.

Not enough game modes.

Not enough supports.

No clan support.

Ranked mode sucked (is being reworked apparently).

Most of the skins are ugly (there should be an option to disable skins).

Skirmish mode sucks (should be deathmatch in small, custom arena map).

Spectating competitive games is confusing and not very fun.

No votekicking or anti-griefing support.

No way to queue and form teams with a role selected. This often leads to the most competent or caring players to play support/tank.

That said, I still really enjoy the game. I find it incredibly easy to make friends and have a good time. Overwatch has improved a great deal in the past 6 months, I'm eager to see how much more it'll improve in the next 6.
>>
File: 1432913129551.png (4 KB, 248x251) Image search: [Google]
1432913129551.png
4 KB, 248x251
>>338284058
>Overwatch thread, but for people who don't like the game
Why make a thread about something you dislike?
>>
>>338287259

only because Valve became so Jewish that they sold out their art style. Vanilla TF2 had an amazing, Cold War era clean look to it, and everything from character designs to maps and weapons just fit.
>>
>>338287419
to avoid talking to people like you but clearly that doesn't help You still flock.

(You)
>>
>>338287419

I like the game and have it pre-ordered. But in a lot of threads for Overwatch there are lots of people who really seem to hate the game, so I wanted to give them an outlet to express and engage with their opinions.
>>
>>338287419
Because that's what /v/ enjoys the most as a community, getting together to share the hate of various things, and discuss about which is worse.
>>
>>338284058
D.Va waifuposting
>>
>>338287347
>clans
How old are you?
>>
>>338287530

For as much as I bitch about the game in >>338285942, I've come close to buying it at least 3 times just because I'm so fucking starved for a multiplayer FPS that isn't Battlefield 4.
>>
>>338287518
(You) seem like a sad person. But here's a reply for you.
>>
File: 1462651972395.png (986 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462651972395.png
986 KB, 1280x720
>>338287565
>Being a literal
>actual
>objective
>nonironic
>shiteating bronzefag
>>
>>338287259
>not turning all the cosmetics off
The only way to do that in Overwatch is to quit the game.
>>
>>338287718

None of the Overwatch cosmetics bother me, except for Tracer's shitty Punk outfit and Zarya's hair. Fortunately everyone seems to understand the Punk outfit is garbage and no one is good enough to play Zarya.
>>
infinite ammo promoting overly spammy gameplay is one of the things i like the least

also, ult charging should be percentage based instead of flat damage so tanks stop being walking ult charge stations
>>
>>338284058
The extreme simplification of ammo management bothers me. Infinite reserve ammo and speedy, whole clip reloads add up to make the game very spammy.
>>
>>338286347

Spotted the scrub.
>>
>>338285942
>activi/blizz game
granted
no server list/pings
granted
>Locked Fov
wrong
>20hz tick
I could be that guy who talks about ranked but you right
>muh counter pick
Thtas how the game is designed?
>Skill floor/cieling complaint
Depends on the hero
>no animation canceling
LOL
>slow movement speed
Every hero has their movement speed balanced around their kit, are you gonna complain about slow heavies?
>melee is useless
kek
>bad respawn system
agreed its need to be wave based rather than timer based.
>two game modes less than then maps
3 game modes not counting hybrid and 12 maps at launch
>mechanically limited due to consoles
lolwat care to elaborate?
>play of the game is stupid
uh huh
>guns feel like airsoft
ok?
>too many heroes
pack it up everyone nothing to see here.
>>
>>338287607

Teams, clans, groups, whatever you want to call them, I think you get the idea. If you want to play competitively, clans are a great way to organize teams, schedules and whatnot. Maybe with advanced tools you can even compare skill metrics and manage the team that way. It also fosters a greater sense of community and fun.

Why about clans do you dislike in a competitive game focused around teamplay?
>>
>>338288316
Nigga I admitted I had probably more to learn about the game, it just seemed that any play wherein teams could coordinate Q's resulted in a successful teamwipe, unless the opposing team had Q's to fire back.
>>
>>338287718
ACTUALLY there is a no cosmetics option when you make a custom game.
>>
ITT: People complaining about things that were proved false months ago.

I bet that in this thread there are people that still believe that you have to buy heroes.
>>
>>338287843
>>338288905
I'm talking about not being able to get rid of the fact that the arstyle and design of everything feels like a random mess.

Whereas the artstyle and design in tf2 is well defined and consistent without all the hatfaggotry.
>>
I'm not hopeful about the likelihood of community content being supported.
>>
I think they add variants to each character (i.e. Mortal Kombat X). I imagine that seeing and using the same 21 characters with no changeable weapons/abilities would get boring pretty soon.
>>
>>338289357
*should add
>>
>>338285942
>too many heroes

(You)
>>
That it's an online shooter. I dislike PvP. Outside of that I missed the open beta somehow so I couldn't even say if I like the gameplay. I fucking hate those Pixar faces though
>>
File: cmon son.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cmon son.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>338287259
>characters are the only factor of the artstyle
>>
>>338287419
so people can circlejerk by their own instead of constantly interrupting eachothers circlejerk
>>
>this thread

Also whats with all the shit skins.
Like the games not even out yet and they're already making eye cancer joke skins.
Seriously, every other legendary looks awful.
>>
>>338289750
>That it's an online shooter. I dislike PvP.
Why the fuck are you even interested in it then? It's literally an online PVP shooter. I just got baited, didn't I?

You might, MIGHT see crappy singleplayer missions in a year if the game does well. Until then, fuck off.
>>
>>338288542

You're wrong, though. All ultimates have extremely obvious audio and visual cues and give you plenty of time to avoid them by simply moving. Pulling off a team wipe requires your opponents to be retarded.
>>
>>338290246
dude why are you so upset

>Why the fuck are you even interested in it then?
oh yeah why in the everyliving fuck would I want to try out a game before deciding on the quality of said game, regardless of the genre you oversensitive fuck
>>
File: 1463036283025.gif (2 MB, 300x332) Image search: [Google]
1463036283025.gif
2 MB, 300x332
>>338290654
>thread about what people disliked about the game
>"i dislike the game by definition of genre"
>"i haven't played it either"
um
>>
The mandatory overtime is obnoxiously long and made purely to keep casuals from quitting in frustration. It's a very artificial way of forcing close rounds.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.