[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how interested would you guys be if I start remaking for modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: alucard.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
alucard.png
10 KB, 300x300
how interested would you guys be if I start remaking for modern pcs old school and ancient arcade games?

I'm a 1MA and have skills in everything, from music to 2D/3D, writing in tacospeak and coding.

pic related is my pixel art skill.
>>
Why don't you create something original with your skills (unless you want to improve them further with a "test" game). I really don't see a reason to remake games that everyone already played.
>>
>>338278487
It's nice
Good luck not getting a cent though
You're better off creating your own thing
>>
>>338278914
>>338279037
Not properly remaking them 100%, but doing something new with the ideas.

More like taking them as inspiration.
100% remakes means legal troubles and C&D shit.

I'm not that stupid.
>>
>>338279130
Then what the hell are you doing here?
Go and save the metroidvania genre
>>
>>338279309
I just want to talk about it, see how interested would be /vr/ about it.

you can't properly "guess" that.
>>
File: Featuring Genya Arikado.jpg (214 KB, 699x494) Image search: [Google]
Featuring Genya Arikado.jpg
214 KB, 699x494
make a Castlevania Harmony of Despair "clone", for PC

I have a shitton of ideas, if you're interested add me up or something

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lukedge/

then again, I have no idea wether you want to make a product to sell or what
>>
>>338279603

this is /v/, not /vr/ so get your eyes and brain check first
>>
>>338282040
I double posted on those boards, sorry.

>>338281952
sorry, but I don't know what can you provide beyond giving ideas.

Maybe you should start working on those skills if you want to make games.

I was like you some years ago but I started to practice and see me now.
>>
>>338282336
>Maybe you should start working on those skills if you want to make games.
I plan to do that as soon as I finish some shit I have going, actually. I will have a lot of free time and I love the vidya. I'm more worried about learning to draw and compose music, but I want to make games 100% by myself.
>>
>>338282657
>draw
ask /ic/ for help.
focus on learning traditional classical art, like proper realism, portrait and stuff first, the animu shit can come latter and you won't learn mistakes or fell into the it's my style crap.

Google these:
Andrew loomis pdf
Vilppu drawing course (20GB of classes on classical drawing).
Gnomon workshop DVDS
Ctrl and paint tutorials.
Noah art camp.

you can find them on cgpeers.

>music
the complete musician
that reddit musical composition book thread.
the subreddit about musical composition.
some torrent ebook pack.

If you're new you can download the TL:DR music which is an excellent begginer book, and it's free.

What else do you want to learn?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.