[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to play this for the first time after playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Demon%27s_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon%27s_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
I'm about to play this for the first time after playing all the Dark Souls.

Worth it? Any tips or recommendations?
>>
It's much easier than the Souls series but you'll probably find it somewhat bland since it's a little more bare bones.

I still enjoy it.
>>
Read up world tendency, I can't be arsed to explain it. Also remember that you have an item burden. Always drop your stuff at Thomas, when you go into a new level. Be wary when upgrading weapons, it's a bit more convoluted and complicated than the sequels.

Aside from that, it's your usual Souls game, and I my personal favorite. Enjoy.
>>
>>338278057
Oh it's easier? I've actually been hearing the opposite, that it's harder.

>remember that you have an item burden
That sounds fucking terrible in a souls game
>>
>>338278319
Well the mechanics of the game are less forgiving thanks to the item burden and the decreasing health, but the gameplay and bosses are some of the easiest in the entire SoulsBorne series so I feel it balances out in your favor.

If you've been able to beat the Dark Souls games and all the crazy stuff they've come up with, I think you'll have little to no struggle in trying to beat Demon's Souls.
>>
I traded this out for another game because I did not have the time to play it because of my girlfriend. I later left the girl for being an annoying cunt and now I feel remorse for trading away my DS.

Lesson: I will never put girls before vidya again.

/blog
>>
>>338278319
>That sounds fucking terrible in a souls game
It's okay. It only becomes a problem if you get a shitton of upgrade materials or accidentally find some really heavy armor somewhere in the level. There is also a ring that enhances it.

As I said, that just dump the stuff you don't need on the storage guy whenever you are in the nexus.
>>
read a guide on world tendency.
If you're shooting for pure white, play offline and kill yourself in the nexus everytime you get human form so as to not lower the tendency.
>>
Does this one have multiplayer co-op and pvp like the other Souls games?

Well I guess it's moot since it'll be dead anyway

Also the World Tendency thing seems pretty convoluted
>>
Put a soul sign in latria in a dark cell and wait
>>
>>338278972
It depends a bit on the server, but there are still people playing. I am, and I see ghosts running around.
>>
>>338278972

It does.
I played through it before DaSIII came out and I still got the occasional summon, it's not completely dead.

I recommend you talk to everyone, try to get into the story and atmosphere of the game because it's DeS' strongest point.

Go magic if you want an easier time.
>>
>>338278972
It does but it's pretty dead and the only pvp you can probably get is at the last level of tower of latria
>>
>>338278972
If you stay at lvl 50 you can get a decent amount of pvp, though i believe the europe version is dead
>>
>>338279542

Got a few summons in Europe a few weeks ago, can't comment on PvP though.
>>
>>338279542
>though i believe the europe version is dead
Nope, not at all.
>>
>>338279542
>>338279756
Well I am from Europe so that is bad/good to hear.
>>
get parrying down asap
it's a bit different to DaS
>>
File: 1463744574601.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463744574601.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>338277769
>Just oder it on amazon yesterday
The wait is killing me
>>
>>338279871
I just bought it second hand from some guy for 10 bucks.
>>
>>338280038
Im waiting for the brand new GH edition for 20 shekels
>>
>>338277769
Play the PS3 version.
>>
>>338280439
That's the only version
>>
>>338277769
Faith is actually good for once. So is strength.
>>
>>338280439
are you retarded? also if there was actually an option, that would be retarded considering ps3 is the worst console of its gen with terrible multiplat performance
>>
I'm at the 4th archstone already so here's my bits of advice from my experience

Magic is useful no matter what your build is
Miracles are nice but take a while to cast
Rolling is sometimes more important than blocking
Flamelurker=Magic
2nd stone archdemon=Take cover and run
Maiden in black needs more good r34
Maneater is a meme for a reason, fucking watch yourself

Other than that, have fun it's a great game. The servers are down rn but they should be back up when Atlus stops being gay
>>
>>338278319
>That sounds fucking terrible in a souls game
You would think so, but it works fine.
>>
>>338281305
>posts shitty ifunny tier meme and expects to be taken seriously
>>
>>338281472
>Maiden in black needs more good r34
Most of it will be feet shit anyway.
>>
>>338278593
Different anon here, I had more trouble with demon's souls honestly. The parry timing is kinda clunky and some bosses need you to take advantage weaknesses i.e flamelurker to actually do any substantial damage. Oh and also maneaters
>>
>>338281939
Sadly yes, it happens everytime someone makes a character barefoot
>>
>>338277769
don't dare to go hollow
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.