[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer is almost here. How are you cooling down your PC for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1451164881504.png (88 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
1451164881504.png
88 KB, 900x580
Summer is almost here.

How are you cooling down your PC for Summer /v/?

>tfw CPU idles at 50 C
>>
>>338268003
>Britain
>Summer

Yeah, nah. We'll be lucky to see 2 weeks of solid sunshine and then it's straight back into winter.
>>
Keeping it next to the chimney that's part of one of my walls as it gets rather cool during summers
>>
File: 1440694241198.jpg (7 KB, 198x341) Image search: [Google]
1440694241198.jpg
7 KB, 198x341
>>338268003
The hottest thing in my room is a Samsung flatscreen that I bought ~6 years ago.

I put my hand near it and it feels like a fucking space heater is on.
>>
File: 2016-05-20_10-59-59.png (4 KB, 453x72) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-20_10-59-59.png
4 KB, 453x72
Oi, get a cooler
>>
Central A/C

The fact my 7850 doesn't even break 60c in 100 degree days

And my 3570k maxes at 65c regardless of room temperate.

Don't use craptops, don't use a stock cooler for your CPU, and use a water cooler if if you buy a housefire card.
>>
>>338268003
I live in Canada so I'll be fine
>>
>>338268846
Shouldn't you be literally on fire right now?
>>
First I replaced 3 of my 200mm case fans with new ones since they were old and dying. Even added a 4th one since I had another slot available (HAF X).

They're all shit. They make an annoying grinding noise like something is running against the bearing. I ripped them all out and now I have 0 intake and 1 exhaust 140mm fan.

Guess what? Temps are exactly the fucking same, even under load. Screw it. My case is far quieter now and I'm happy not losing my mind with a constant grinding ticking sound driving me insane.
>>
File: 1461209546824.jpg (37 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1461209546824.jpg
37 KB, 720x720
>Second floor
>Closet has a door right to attic
>Storm blows through last night
>Even with AC on, temperature upstairs skyrockets to 76 degrees
>Have to to turn it down to 68 degrees and turn on fans in two rooms to get it to go down
>Decide to turn off computer in meantime
>Freezing my ass off the next morning

I'm not sure what to do if shit like this is gonna happen to me all summer.
>>
>>338268003
Basically I'm fucked, top floor of a 50 year old low rise with a flat tar roof and no central AC. last summer this place was an oven and I actually put on some weight from having cold drinks and ice cream to stop my face melting off. And that was with my pc off, too.
>>
i will keep my window open and a curtain infront of it, cold air but no sun. also living high helps
>>
>Despite being may, average temperatures are still 60 and below.
>Even snowed briefly last week

Fucking Canada, I'm not even north either
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.