[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (23 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
23 KB, 460x215
Should I expect a shooter or a stealth game?
>>
>>338263187

You should expect a huge fucking disappointment.
>>
>>338263187
You should expect great mechanics stuck in a mediocre game.
>>
Its probably the deepest stealth game ever made, mechanic-wise
>>
Far Cry, but better. I like it, it lets me escape my boring life and play as a guy who has some sort of goal in life.
>>
Do you need to have autistic knowledge of Metal Gear to enjoy this? I've played Ground Zeroes and vaguely remember playing MGS3 when I was a small boy.
>>
You should expect repetitive missions, an empty world and watching helicopter rides
>>
>>338263930
This 100%
>>
>>338263930
This. Don't set a song you like as your helicopter theme, because you'll fucking hate it by the end of the game.
>>
>>338263187
Neither and that's the worst part about it
>>
A stealth game. And ignore all the fags saying it's bad. It's great.
>>
>>338263930
Fucking this. What a bore
>>
File: Smugchief-1.10.jpg (3 MB, 2580x7679) Image search: [Google]
Smugchief-1.10.jpg
3 MB, 2580x7679
>>338263874
I played MGS3 on the 3DS in 2012/3 and played Ground zeroes the moment it came on steam.

I still had lots of fun with MGSV enjoyed it immensely while ignoring the story completely.
played 200+hours and that was before online came to the Steam version.

If you like zany mechanics such as using a rocket fist/ controlling a small bipedal mech/ having a wolf/sniper companion/ wandering aimlessly through the desert with your horse/ blowing up tanks and soviets

enjoy
>>
>some guy on mgsforums claiming he's found the mission editor code
what is it about this series and attracting "that kid" people?
>>
>>338263187
Expect a Far Cry game.
>>
>>338263874
No, like in Ground Zeroes you have audio tapes to listen to, a ton of them. They'll get you up to speed on what you'd need to know to at least understand what boss is doing right now.
>>
>>338263187
i hate stealth games and normally i dont have the patience for it, but mgsv really does a fantastic job. everything you do just feels right, wheter is sneaking into a base without being noticed or getting help from your chopper to clean up for you.
the story is weird and i couldnt really get into it, mostly because its nr 5, and i have no clue about the older games.
>>
>>338264578
>some guy I knew in high school was always going on and on about how he romhacked sonic games
Let's be honest now, a lot of games attract "that kid"
>>
the game is really what you make of it

it can be a shooter, a stealth game, or a vehicle massacre, or a mix of all those things during a mission
>>
>>338263187
Lots of stealth
>>
>>338263187
you should expect CQC chains + no weapon you faggot
weapons are for fags, use your fucking hands godammit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.