[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls? more like Pleb Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: ds3fakejpg.jpg (305 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds3fakejpg.jpg
305 KB, 1280x720
Honestly /v/ shilling aside, these games aren't good and are really shallow at best hack and slash games, here's why:

>Artificial Damage Modifier on Enemies/Bosses
>Purposely designed just to do high damage in the guise of "challenge"
>A fucking stamina bar, to hinder player movement and attacks
>Again limiting your actions and calling it "muh strategy"
>No mechanical skill required other than memorize attack animations, invincibility frames and managing the arbitray stamina bar to beat any foe
>Lackluster combers.
> Game is LITERALLY Hack.and.Slash.
> No flair to what you're doing at all.
>Characters control like a fucking retarded tank

Honestly it's a shame you guys let shallow dev tactics make this game as big as it is. Ninja Gaiden will always be the OG of "hard" hack'n'slash games. It actually required skilled combos and masterful movement.

What has been done to this genre is absolutely haram.
>>
>>338262508
While I greatly enjoy the Souls games, people who say that they require any degree of mechanical skill don't know what they are talking about. I find the souls games reasonably easy, yet I struggled through Bayonetta on the default difficulty and I can barely do anything in Ninja Gaiden.

Personally, I play the Souls games for their level design. The atmosphere in the games is usually pretty good too.
>>
>>338264646
The level design is great I'll concede that.

Ninja gaiden and Bayonetta I played very well, I felt the combat system is far more balanced between offense and defense.
>>
(You)
>>
>>338262508
your bait has netted you a (you). gg.
>>
>>338264646
>yet I struggled through Bayonetta on the default difficulty and I can barely do anything in Ninja Gaiden.
You must just be retarded, the Souls games are about as hard as Ninja Gaiden. Just because you have hundreds of hours of experience with Souls doesn't mean it's not difficult.
>>
File: 1458692360097.jpg (31 KB, 316x340) Image search: [Google]
1458692360097.jpg
31 KB, 316x340
>>338266228
>the Souls games are about as hard as Ninja Gaiden

kek

there's just no way that's even close to being true
>>
File: black-man-angry.jpg (24 KB, 524x347) Image search: [Google]
black-man-angry.jpg
24 KB, 524x347
>>338265872
>>338265146
how is it bait? the game literally has tank like charactersm and is only hard because enemies and bosses put out high damage and have extended attack animations?

You honestly sit here and tell me that with a straight face?
>>
>>338266445
>have hundreds of hours of experience across 3+ games in the series
>this is so easy xD
You're a fucking idiot.

Starting from scratch, never having played a NG game, it took me only around 50-60 hours to beat MNM and 100% NG2, while it took me around 110 hours to 100% Demon's Souls (which is a much shorter game mind you)
>>
>>338266863
Honestly, I think NG is harder than Souls, but NG is legitimately just badly designed. Whether it's NG2 on Xbox with its millions of enemies per encounter or NG2 on PS3 with its one-hit-kill enemy grabs. It's hard through bad design.

Souls punishes player mistakes and carelessness and rewards skill.

NG, at least NG2, straight-up just requires luck to get through, at least on MNM.

But I wouldn't say Demon's Souls is a shorter game than NG1 or 2. It's not as long as Dark Souls but it's still a good 30 hours the first time around.
>>
>>338262508
>Ninja Gaiden will always be the OG of "hard" hack'n'slash games

Asscam.
>>
>>338267902
I never felt I needed luck to get through MNM. I played NGS2.

The hardest part was the very first fight with Genshin and Liz
>>
Souls games are only difficult when purposefully gimping yourself, for example SL1 or BL4 runs

Normal runs are easy and I really don't understand the reputation for these games even after 5 years of playing them.
>>
>>338268331
because people are shitty at video games. instead of taking fault in their own shortcomings, they blame the games themselves for being too difficult. this happens on a grand scale and becomes one big funny joke.
>>
>>338267902
There were some balancing issues for sure, but you always had combos and an explosive offense to use.

"Rewarding Skill" in any of these souls game just amounts to memorization, dodge rolling, and attacking with 2 slashes in a 1 second. Lol yeah no...
>>
File: 1461333852988.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461333852988.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>338268331
>I really don't understand the reputation for these games

They're hard if you grew up playing games from last gen
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.