[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think multiplayer-only games should have a co-op PvE mode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1435290577479.jpg (142 KB, 687x480) Image search: [Google]
1435290577479.jpg
142 KB, 687x480
Do you think multiplayer-only games should have a co-op PvE mode for whenever multiplayer inevitably dies?
Why isn't this the norm?
>>
Just add bots
>>
Because it's cheaper to not to it and people buy the shit anyway
>>
Do you mean just playing vs bots?
Or some dedicated zombieshit game mode?
>>
File: 1463692848561.png (305 KB, 950x836) Image search: [Google]
1463692848561.png
305 KB, 950x836
>>338250768
As in waves of enemies, ranging from frontline cannon fodder to tanky beasts.

Gears of War did it right with Horde Mode.
Gears 3 mastered it with barricades and boss waves at every 10 levels.
>>
I'd really love it if people actually attempted to revive dead multiplayers.
I'm trying to do it for Ring Runner, but so few people have that game it's near impossible; on the other hand, games that only have dead multiplayer because they're old would have much better luck.
>>
>>338251453
You don't know how much I'd love just a fucking site community that existed entirely to revive dead games.

If fucking love to play
F.E.A.R. 1
Cell Factor
Monday night combat
Condemned 2
>>
I always thought that the best part of ME3 was the multiplayer co-op, which was very fun with friends. Battleborn has some of that too.
>>
I don't think tacking on a separate game mode really accomplishes anything, because it's not really a replacement for multiplayer.

I do think games need to go back to having bots though. And all multiplayer games should have LAN/custom servers so that you can still get some people together and play if you make the effort, even if the official servers shut down.

But it won't happen because so many multiplayer games nowadays are produced by companies who seem to view them as sort of "disposable" games that you use up and throw away when the next one comes out, and don't give a fuck about where they'll be 5-10 years after release.
>>
File: 1438991873082.jpg (49 KB, 803x625) Image search: [Google]
1438991873082.jpg
49 KB, 803x625
tf2 has mvm and nobody plays that shit. bots ruin games.
>>
This extends to games outside of FPSes like the souls games to an extent and monhun on the PSP iirc

DaS did it right by having NPCs being summonable and having a few NPC invasions, even if they don't perfectly mimic players. That means late adopters can still have a glimpse of what it might have been like to play multiplayer.

On the other hand games like MH on the PSP needed online interactions for some exclusive items you needed to craft armors. I'm not too sure about this one since I only heard about it from others, but that's still bad for madmen who want to 100% those games

FPSes should at least go the UT way and add simple "breadcrumb" pathfinding to NPCs for future replayability since that's supposedly easy enough to make
>>
>>338250574
mp games are just vehicles for dlc and microtransactions so people can e-brag about their different colored pixels and that's all devs care about. ai/bot evolution stalled 10 years ago and no dev is going to bother with trying to support a single player mode when they can just make more money charging for shit. same reason why campaign mode in general died years ago.
>>
>>338253204
I love mvm but there are very few maps, and it's always the same shit, it gets borig after 20 matches.

It should be like wow, where they add new instances with new bosses, challenges, weapons, etc. It depends heavily on the game too. I played Terraria co-op only and I loved the shit out of it
>>
>>338253594
NICE GOLD FAGGOT
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.