[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21
File: 85dl_us.png (214 KB, 700x360) Image search: [Google]
85dl_us.png
214 KB, 700x360
http://teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html

• Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
• Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
• Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
• Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
• Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
• Adjust Revenant AI.
• Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
• Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.

The casuals won. Are you still looking forward to Nioh now that you know the final game will be significantly easier thanks to the whining of people too stupid to understand its mechanics?
>>
File: graph_en_01.jpg (85 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
graph_en_01.jpg
85 KB, 1000x510
>>
muh le ebin hard dork soul game
>>
File: graph_en_02.jpg (86 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
graph_en_02.jpg
86 KB, 1000x510
>>338247757
>>
So a fucking nerf because of cry babies. Excellent.

That being said I'm more surprise the UI didn't receive more votes, the on-screen UI needs to be revamp, map toggleable and health bars minimized.
>>
File: graph_en_03.jpg (84 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
graph_en_03.jpg
84 KB, 1000x510
>>338247815
>>
File: graph_en_04.jpg (84 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
graph_en_04.jpg
84 KB, 1000x510
>>338247887
>Japs are the most casual of all
>>
>>338247946
Wow. That's harsh.
>>
File: 1463227873232.jpg (67 KB, 454x815) Image search: [Google]
1463227873232.jpg
67 KB, 454x815
>>338247724
To be fair the game needed balancing.

Enemies were "bullet" sponges and died in 7-9 hits while two shotting the player.

I would love a "realistic" game where a stab to the heart kills me instantly and if I do that then the enemy dies instantly also.
>>
>>338247946
>all this stemming from the protag being a whitey
http://youtu.be/7FYuYkPgDkk
>>
>>338247724
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor
Good. Durability is no fun.
>>
File: escapism.jpg (34 KB, 542x248) Image search: [Google]
escapism.jpg
34 KB, 542x248
>>338248037
>while two shotting the player.
>>
On the bright side, at least they're adding more item shortcuts.
>>
>>338248101
Go away.
>>
>adjust balance in the opening sections
This is fine, there's no reason for the enemies you fight first off to be the same enemies you're fighting right before the boss.
>improve player and camera behavior
how can anyone say this isn't great? The camera sucks dick..
>fix for walking even when you don't run out of ki
good
>adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies
so enemies aren't just one hit kills even with top tier armor, and don't take eighty hits to kill with low stance? Sure.
>revise enemy pursuit
pointless, I only outran an enemy once. They run really far already, unless they mean lowering the range, which is also pointless.
>revise superarmor
good good good good.
>adjust revenant AI
okay
>add hints
assuming this means directional hints and not "PROTIP:HIT THE BOSS TILL IT DIES" i'm fine with that.
>remove durability
also fine. Either make it so you're able to hold 15, or just remove the stat cause you basically sit and farm them and it makes it irrelevant because you can get through the whole first level with 9 whetstone and a single katana, except when oni decide to gang up on you and because they have 99% superarmor and breaking their stamina is pretty much random unless you use a hammer/axe, you burn through durability for no good reason.
>>
>>338248764
u fukn casjul
>>
>>338248764
>how can anyone say this isn't great? The camera sucks dick..
The primary complaint people had about lock-on was that you'd face away from an enemy if you moved away from them while locked on, which was clearly intentional.
>fix for walking even when you don't run out of ki
What the fuck are you talking about?
>so enemies aren't just one hit kills even with top tier armor, and don't take eighty hits to kill with low stance? Sure.
This is just straight up false.
>assuming this means directional hints and not "PROTIP:HIT THE BOSS TILL IT DIES" i'm fine with that.
There's no reason for this regardless, the boss locations in both stages were extremely obvious.
>and breaking their stamina is pretty much random
You are too retarded for this game.
>you burn through durability for no good reason.
Because paired with the frequent equipment drops the idea was to encourage you to change your setup and experiment with different options.
>>
>>338247724
Remember the only people who were bitching about the game being to hard,were the souls fanboys
>>
>>338247724
nope, hated the Demo. I'd rather playing Dark Souls than this trash.
>>
>>338247724
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
Only necessary thing here, that shit was annoying
>>
>>338248994
lol
>>338249076
>>
File: 1374535050471.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1374535050471.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>Asians are the biggest casuals
That's hysterical
But in all honesty who the fuck is mad about removing durability?
Weight limit already makes it so that you aren't carrying around every item you pick up and the increasing stats means you are constantly switching out gear, why do you feel the need for an arbitrary number of times you can land on enemies before you have to use a randomly dropped Whet Stone on it
There's no difficulty when it comes to durability, it's just dumb number bullshit
>>
>>338247724
It was an alpha demo for fuck sake. Its sole purpose was rebalancing. Crying about this on suh an early stage is pointless and just pathetic. Every game undergoes this stage.
>>
>>338249257
>Don't be mad that the decently challenging game is now easy as fuck, all games should cater to casuals!
>>
File: obama biden lol.jpg (106 KB, 628x436) Image search: [Google]
obama biden lol.jpg
106 KB, 628x436
Why do trumpalos think shit gameplay = difficulty?
>>
>>338249336
So just like everyone in this thread you have no argument and can't do anything but resort to name calling. DIfficulty isn't the biggest part of what makes a game fun, it's one but not the only one.
Frankly the game should have a difficulty setting with the new balance as normal mode and the old balance as hard mode.
>>
They very much have to do a beta with another feedback form if this is what they're changing, because almost all of them sound like terrible changes that are unnecessary. Even going so far as to remove an integral mechanic makes me very disappointed that they listened to whiners that didn't even attempt to understand the game's systems.
>>
>>338249572
>Frankly the game should have a difficulty setting with the new balance as normal mode and the old balance as hard mode.
You know as well as everyone else that there's no chance of this happening.
>>
>>338248975
>experiment with different options
>here you can have this all mid stance damage and ki boosts
>lol just kidding here "experiment" with high stance damage low stance ki reduction and then gold increase on human enemies!

no, fuck you.
>>
>>338249984
You not wanting to change stances isn't explaining how experimenting is bad.
>>
>>338249237
On the contrary, this was perhaps the only game I can think of where durability was a considerable aspect of how you approached things, and it was damn refreshing to see it so when every other game literally does just have it as "dumb number bullshit". Different weapon types and armour types having different max durability had an effect on your fighting style made it interesting and gave you reasons to actually change things up from time to time. It also compliments the looting aspect of this since you'll have equipment to swap to. Removing it is going to radically affect the game and that they're just flippantly taking it out because of people bitching about a very early challenge that has many solutions doesn't bode well for how the game will turn out. It's like they have no faith in their vision, or someone else doesn't and is forcing them to turn it into a bland committee designed game to appeal to everyone when we all know damn well it won't and that never works.
>>
>>338249237
>Weight limit already makes it so that you aren't carrying around every item you pick up
What? There is no weight limit. You can pick up as many items as your inventory can hold.
>>
>>338249984
>have a weapon that boosts one stance
>have to swap to a weapon that boosts different stances
>therefore are encouraged to focus more on the different stances and discover new ways to play that you might not have been using before
You just fucking proved his point.
>>
>>338250165
>implying you strategized around your equipment durability

No you fucking didn't, you just equipped your best shit and sold all the rest and got your random freebie whetstones from the shrine. Then when your best shit got damaged you used the whetstone or the glue like everyone else did. If there was no durability you would have played it exactly the same. Unless you were bad at the game and died so often that you couldn't keep up with whetstone and glue drops while progressing through the areas. Durability gone doesn't remove a crucial mechanic you cock sucking weeb, it only removes an unnecessary inconvenience.
>>
All of this notes are so vague it's not really sayign much. And those fields they're changing don't really bother me, I'm much more concerned with loot mechanics and visual aesthetics of the game, those were much bigger gripes for me with the alpha.
>>
>>338250615
No anon loot is level dependent so unless you leveled over and over your loot would have similar stats to your most damaging gear. I had so many katanas that did 107 damage at stage 1. I didn't bother using whetstones at all until I got the unique gear and my boss strat weapon.

What ended up bothering me was that so many whetstones and niikawa glue were dropping, and I couldn't pick them up because I always had 10 of each, that they got annoying.
>>
File: 1458691026699.jpg (35 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1458691026699.jpg
35 KB, 500x463
>>338247724
>OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T GET STUNNED ANYMORE FOR 3 SECONDS JUST FOR RUNNING OUT OF STAMINA?
>WOW WTF THE FIRST ENEMY I FACE DOENS'T TWO SHOT ME ANYMORE??? DROPPED
>HAHA ENEMY DOESN'T CHASE ME ACROSS CONTINENTS? FUCKING SHIT GAME

Aside from retards like OP, these are just about all the changes I expected, which is great.
>>
>>338250942
git gud and you will never run out of KI
>>
Durability not being a thing anymore was probably a complaint simply due to the fact from the demo not having a reliable source of whetstones. I kind of won't miss it, but I assume it would have been a better thing on full release.

Enemies being easier in the starting area probably won't change much and could probably be better to ease people in a little more, and them adjusting the a/d parameters probably means just toning it down slightly, hopefully anyways.
>>
>>338250615
That is some hardcore projection right there. Maybe you just can't comprehend how a fucking videogame works or you'd understand it's a sum of it's parts. In the beginning I swapped equipment around since the first level drops multiple weapons of similar quality and you don't get anything good until later on. Which funnily enough is when you're able to offer more equipment and find more stones and glue. Maybe that could have been planned by the developers? People that aren't retarded get that far though and can notice things like that.

I used katanas mostly along with light armour and because they have the lowest durability, I relied more on dodging and parrying than blocking. I also tended to have a backup spear that I would use throughout the level since it lasts longer, and I waited until both needed repairs before using a stone. If I used a hammer and heavy armour I'd block all the time and hyper armour through attacks because I wouldn't need to worry. This shit is fucking obvious to see to anyone that doesn't suck at the game and all games. But here we are with these survey results.
>>
>>338251196
There was a blacksmith mentioned in one of the loading screens and in the pop-up for the as-yet un-utilized familiarity mechanic, but I guess that passed people by.
>>
>>338250942
>game has a lot of ways to recover Ki and lower costs while fairly punishing you and the enemy alike for trying to take an action when you've ran out
>somehow getting hit in the back twice by the dumbass flailing his sword slowly when wearing no armour can kill you but you can also hit them in the back for huge damage
>game's enemies are an actual threat that aren't easily avoided and fairly punishes attracting the attention of too many or trying to cheap shot them by running in and out so they magically forget you exist
Yeah I'm sure the game is the one that's shit. How far did you get anyway? You probably should have played it more since it was a pretty good game when you stop blaming it for your failings and play by it's rules.
>>
>>338250942
nigger the game get's easy go play something else you chink piece of shit player git gud faggot.
>>
Nice, developers listening to feedback is always something nice.
>>
>>338248037
>>I would love a "realistic" game where a stab to the heart kills me instantly and if I do that then the enemy dies instantly also.
Realistic-fags get out. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338250942
>ever running out of Ki despite the numerous mode specific Ki regens
>letting an axe enemy backstab you twice
>nerfing an already short chase distance

I earnestly hate you anon
>>
>>338249237
If the West had their way with this game it'd be a cinematic experience. So its harder to call them the biggest casuals when i'm sure the game will still be too hard for the average Western casual.

>>338249420
>The gameplay is designed to be played at a pace i can't wrap my head around and forces me to make good decisions consistently therefore its bad.

Souls gameplay sucks but you'll eat that shit up. Just because you can mash roll all day like a cuck to override your mistakes.
>>
File: 1398581291002.png (568 KB, 637x643) Image search: [Google]
1398581291002.png
568 KB, 637x643
>tfw if Itagaki was still there he would make the game harder.

Its a shame what happened to him.
>>
>>338247724
Fuck the casual Dark Souls fans. That fanbase is easily the worst along with CoD fanboys.
>>
>>338247724

It was always going to be easier in the full version, that's why they made such a big deal over the Mark - because it serves as proof that you're one of the people who DIDN'T need it dumbing down to finish.
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
I always love getting into these threads and seeing people pretending like they know what they are talking about saying the stupidest shit ever which clearly reveals they never understood the game and yet feel the need to give their 2 cents.

Classics include:
>The whole game is trial & error
>You can't attack more than 3 times without running out os stamina
>Enemies were "bullet" sponges and died in 7-9 hits while two shotting the player.
>muh le ebin hard dork soul game
>breaking enemy stamina is pretty much random
>"change stances, ever?" no, fuck you.
>OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T GET STUNNED ANYMORE FOR 3 SECONDS JUST FOR RUNNING OUT OF STAMINA? These are just about all the changes I expected, which is great.

The ONLY 2 cents these people are allowed to give is to criticize the lack of a good tutorial, and stop there. You didn't learn to play the game, you expect the game to follow other game's rules (Souls, most likely) and get frustrated when it doesn't and you don't want to change the way you play to adapt to this new gameplay loop.
"NEVER ki recover, NEVER change stances, those things aren't in Souls anyway, why should I use them? stupid game"
>>
>>338248994
>>338249201

No it wasn't hard. Its very easy once you get used to ki burst.

I love dark souls, but ni oh was very uninspired and lame that Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja can't innovate anymore. All they do is copy Monster Hunter and Dark Souls and people praise them..

Ni-Oh is very unpolished and will be massively casualized for the PS4 audience, just wait and see
>>
>>338253716
>wow I hate fighting yokai especially zombies they crouch too low this game is clearly only designed around one enemy type
>offering stuff takes so long what no I haven't pressed any of the buttons shown at the bottom of the screen that open submenus
>"after attacking, return to a fighting "stance"" is so vague Ki Burst isn't explained at all it's not like there's an integral mechanic relating to "stances" with a dedicated button or anything
And the list goes on. There's a fuckin button at the bottom labelled Help in most menus that can explain every stat, but no one tried pressing it for example.
>>
>>338248975
>the idea was to encourage you to change your setup and experiment with different options.
It was clear they intended to make gear drop like candy so you'd sift through it all to find something nice, but they fucked up on two things.

-The most anyone really looks at is the BIG number for damage/defense. Gotta maximize muh dee pee ess. The extra benefits on the piece of equipment were insignificant or not very important. Weighing options, I never found a sword worth using over another for anything other than the damage variable. Life leech, lowered Ki consumption and x% dmg vs. demons were nothing to simply putting out more damage to everything.

-Whetstones/glue are so frequent as well. Durability became a non-thing. Instead it was just a periodic "gotta go into the menu for ten seconds to do this thing every now and then". Unfortunately however you skew it, a Durability system with more strength but fewer repair items or even less strength but limitless repairing will never make it a not-tedious, unchallenging practice that you only have to do because it's there.

There is one Durability system that I felt actually worked for an action game like this.

Way of the Samurai 1 2 and 3's Sword Heat, attacking/blocking too recklessly would build up too much heat and the sword would chip, losing a durability bar, making it even easier for it to break further with less heat. It trained you to be more selective with your attacks. However, WotS's sword heat was effectively an equivalent to a stamina/Ki system where overextending yourself would have a negative impact.
>>
>>338247724

Man, the only thing that needed changing was how they dumped you into the game with nothing and no instructions.

The hardest part of the demo was that first time you run into 3 guys because by that point you still haven't gotten use to the game and have a sword and nothing else, and 1 hit is going to kill you.
Once you finally get over that part, it gets easier and easier.

Other than that, all they needed to do was actually explain shit to you. Because I finished the demo and never found a single reason to use high stance and used slow stance only against those crawling things.
>>
>>338253716
You complained about people complaining about trail and error, then you said the game has a bad tutorial.

If a game has a bad tutorial, you kind of have to do trail and error.
>>
>>338254264
Damage didn't vary enough for there to be no reason to disregard the effects except for very rare and boss weapons. The different status effects could let you build towards a specific playstyle, and it's very likely the full game would have stronger equipment with better effects later on in the game. We played the first level and perhaps the third level only, far too many seemed to ignore this.
>>
>>338254360
What else do you actually need to know when the game begins? The game tells you things as you go and as they are necessary, and the part with 3 guys, the average person should think to avoid or move around them to even the odds. Hell, you also find bombs in that same area.
>>
The one that irritates me the most is the ki being changed. It was pretty much the main mechanic to the combat system. Fuck up and do too much and you get pubished, properly use it and destrpy everything. But apparently that's just too challenging for Souls babies who eant to R1 spam through everything with no drawbacks.
>>
>>338254630

I'd like to know all of the basic controls and mechanics. Is that too much to ask?

And the part with 3 guys is actually 4 guys but 2 are hidden and if you walk to the left you can avoid pulling one of them. On your first time there is literally no way of seeing the 2 hidden guys.
>>
>>338254752
Then I'd love to tell you about something called the Options menu, where you can see what every button does without even pressing any of them ingame. No need to thank me, it's only been in every game ever made.

If you had went up the cliff first you're able to kill the guy hiding behind the boxes, this doesn't alert the others and you can kill the one that's looking away from you or lure them out with stones. The ones in the house don't come out this way either. All it takes is to notice the very obvious ambush from the guy behind the boxes, then think to go around. Or you can avoid the fight entirely if you want, it's not in the way or anything.
>>
>>338254698
What's even more disappointed is that it was perfectly fair since you could see and manipulate the Ki of your enemies as well, and each stance had it's own unique interactions with your Ki gauge. Now there's a big chance none of that shit will matter.
>>
>>338255010

And knowing the controls doesn't explain the mechanics of the game to me. I still don't know why I'd use a different spirit or what the key differences between the 3 stances are (outside of more/less damage/combos).

And no, it is impossible to pull that one guy hidden behind the crates on his own. The 3 enemies are linked together and pulling one will pull all 3 of them. You can try to stand back and shoot a bow at the ones far back, and it will still cause the guy hidden around the corner to run out.
And the one in the house will come out if you look at the door or get to close to it.
>>
>>338255176
>I still don't know why I'd use a different spirit
Go to Change Guardian Spirit menu, compare stats, press Help button if you need more info on said stats. I immediately realised the purpose of each spirit.
>or what the key differences between the 3 stances are (outside of more/less damage/combos).
Change to stance, press buttons, try fighting the lone slow easy to deal with enemy next to a shrine that you can respawn for practice.
This is not difficult. It's even fun to discover how you like playing a game.

I told you exactly how to go around the guy behind the boxes. If you do it like that and kill him by dropping down on him, the rest don't notice you and you can see in the house that there are other enemies that also don't notice you. I did this multiple times. If the demo was available offline I'd do it again right now.
>You can try to stand back and shoot a bow
You're not even meant to have the bow at that point anyway but if you do you can just headshot them too, that kills them instantly, so that's yet another way to deal with these situations. There is always a way around things if you look for it.
>>
File: charge blade.png (127 KB, 2008x984) Image search: [Google]
charge blade.png
127 KB, 2008x984
>>338254470
most retarded argument I've seen in a while

If the game has a bad tutorial, you look for a guide online. Doesn't mean the game itself is trial&error, every enemy follows the same basic structure which you can play around with the mechanics you have.

What having a bad tutorial means is.... that it has a bad tutorial. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

MonsterHunter gives you even less info. It doesn't display damage numbers, you need to learn what each and every attack does by reading online, it doesn't tell you how to use each weapon, just the shows you the controls, but every weapon is combo driven and there are combos you should never use but you'd never know that and would get your ass beat everytime unless you saw a guide or video online about that weapon. You don't know where each monster's weaknesses are, some have very strong torsos and weak legs, other vice-versa and don't have any visual indication of that, you'd need to know beforehand.
You also have to look up upgrade paths unless you want to waste hours of grinding only to end up with a random dead end path with some weird useless elemental damage on your weapon. Same for armor and armor skills

It's infamous for weapon flowcharts like pic related, something that you learn from dozens of hours of playing with each weapon and becomes intuitive.

NioH by comparison is very simple. At its most complex you have a light and heavy attack, a combo atttack (square>triangle) and sometimes a half-circle attack for each stance. That's it.
The vast majority of complains come from Ki management, which is the most easy thing to get. Just fucking press R1. That's it. If you want to get fancy and dodge while recovering, change to low stance (R1+X) and dodge, there 2 moves in 1.

There is nothing trial & error about nioh's combat other than learning the enemy moveset the very first time you see a new one, pretty much like any game ever.
>>
>>338256689
>If the game has a bad tutorial, you look for a guide online
stopped reading there
>>
>>338258780
Should've stopped playing NioH there too.
Really hope you didn't give them feedback.
>>
File: Ken-Sama.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Ken-Sama.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
Durability of armor was a massive retard move and I'm glad they are doing away with it. No one likes unnecessary micromanaging in action games or grinding for glue
>>
>>338260126
>he had to grind for glues

This already proves you sucked and couldn't stop dying like a idiot, if you play well you'll never need any item since it'll drop all the time and you get a lot more from offering equipment on the shrine, also, if you don't eat hits, you don't need to repair since it'll never go down.
>>
>>338259887
does he work for ghibli yet?
>>
Oh great, they're changing how lock on works because people were too retarded to grasp the concept of walking.

One of the few games where you're actually rewarded for keeping a cool head and not be aggressive with the controller, and people bitch about it.

I'm assuming they'll be removing the punish for not managing your Ki as well?

Good jaab people.

Good jaab.
>>
>>338261715
>le git gud

Sorry some people don't have innate skill for single player games. You seem to forget your favorite cop out quote has 'git' in it, showing anyone can be 'gud', though variable devotion to said game depending on that player's skill in DAID game is required and players skill in other genres or even games of similar genre don't matter.

But really, armor degradation is a pain in the ass. Main reason I died a lot was because I didn't completely understand high stance wasn't a pure solo fight stance until my 10th attempt at the boat oni. I kept getting hit despite rolling out of the way but then read in the threads that high stance has least amount of i-frames so I switched to medium and beat him on first attempt. Prior to that I had no issue with the game and even after that I had no issue. I didn't even know what the spirit animals did until second boss
>>
>>338262695
Did i say "git gud"? I don't think i ever said that, i don't want you to "git gud", i want you to stop saying the game is bad because you're bad, i suck at shmups, i'm really bad at them, but i don't cry to complaining they should make things easier for me, i tried to "git gud", failed and understood the genre wasn't for me. The armor durability is fine, it's only a problem if you're already bad.

>Main reason I died a lot was because I didn't completely understand high stance wasn't a pure solo fight stance until my 10th attempt at the boat oni.

Funny, if i remember correctly you have a infinity source of glue and wetstone on the boss arena.

So yeah, don't "git gud" please because even if you did you will still complain like a bitch every thread.
>>
File: 1452637335812.png (202 KB, 360x690) Image search: [Google]
1452637335812.png
202 KB, 360x690
>>338262695
>high stance has least amount of i-frames

You probably could've figured this out on your own if you'd noticed that it rolls at half of the speed of the other stances.
>>
>>338259887
Where is the japanese cowboy?
>>
File: 1446378424219.gif (497 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1446378424219.gif
497 KB, 245x200
>>338259765
>>338256689
>you should have to read guides online to be able to play a game
>>
File: huh.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>338260126
>grinding for glue
I'm sorry, what?

I ALWAYS had 9 whetstones and 9 glues and the only times I used them where when I was unable to pick more because I was at the limit, so I'd just waste one to repair my 90/100 weapon/armor and fill my maxed out stock of whet/glue

Both drop like candy in the second area
>>
>>338250942
> casual filter
>>
>>338253716
> lmao wannabe souls
> fuck remove this non souls shit and casualized it pls
>>
>>338254360
demon souls didn't hand hold either
>>
>>338254630
people would rather smash their face against the wall than think about avoiding the 4 man gank
>>
>>338260126
every enemy drops loot
>>
>>338263456
I didn't have any trouble dodging the regular oni with it though, so I wrongly assumed it was better than it really was
>>
>>338263456
>tfw those muh high only stance faggots
lmao
>>
>>338263920
they do need to put excess supply in an inventory storage
>>
>Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
Oh, because you have NO fucking armor at that point?

>Add hints to guide players to boss areas
The gigantic fucking ship, with the fucking narration "whatever is on that ship must be soooo bad" and you can obviously see it from the shrine? What the fuck, I hate people so much sometimes.

I'm happy about the lock on change, but, Jesus, that's it.
>>
>>338247724
rip Nioh, stillborne because of Japan.
>>
>nerfed to appeal to casuals

I guess Dark Souls remains the hardest game ever. Eat shit Nioh faggots :^)
>>
>>338254110
To be honest, i didn't like fighting the crawling zombies.
When i was using the Axe i had to use High Stance against them, because like half of the moves from middle and low stance miss them completely, which is too unsafe for my taste
>>
>>338264415
This. People complain about ganks saying
>but you can't fight 4 enemies at the same time, it's impossible!
And they are right, it's really hard to fight 4 at the same time, but it's amazing how those people reach this conclusion but don't think about avoiding it, they just keep hitting that wall without a second thought. Those are probably the ones that complain the game was just trial and error, kinda ironic.
>>
>>338264885
Most NES games are harder than Dark Souls, but I get you're probably not in the least bit serious.
>>
>market the game as super hardcore
>dumb it down after a demo

This tells me they have no clear direction. This went from Day 1 buy to wait for reviews and word of mouth. I am sensing another Ninja Gaiden 3 coming.
>>
>>338264849
Don't forget about all the "ghost memories", don't remember if they gave a name to those item spots that talk, saying how everything went to shit when the ship showed up.
>>
File: HUR.jpg (8 KB, 246x249) Image search: [Google]
HUR.jpg
8 KB, 246x249
ITT: The cancer killing the games industry.
>>
>Actual problems with the game
1. The menus could be better
2. Onis flinching at every little thing when you have their stam gauge drained. Really bad on bosses.

>Not problems shitters cry about
1. Everything else
>>
>>338247724
Besides lowered difficulty and hints for retards, these are pretty good changes. I personally asked for improved lock-on and camera and removed durability (which didn't make it more fun, challenging or interesting and just added unncessary frustration).

I really thought the difficulty was perfect otherwise, I really don't hope they go overboard with the nerfs.
>>
>>338248101
Funny then that the character design has the second most Very Good votes for Asia. Fuck off.
>>
>>338266319
>he wanted removed durability

Confirmed for never got a Raikiri
>>
>>338248101
>post yfw when it's actually Kamiya on the megaphone
>>
>Make Whetstones and Glue buyable at the shrine with Money
>Make each Mariner clothing have about 5-9 defense value.
>Have an optional training room where you can beat a dummy forever
>Just give the option to read all the tutorial info from the beginning. Listening to souls regurgitate that info from players that don't check the tab
>Give the boss some way to get out of stunlock hell

These would be my personal fixes.
>>
>>338266642
>grinding in an alpha demo
>>
The loot system didn't work with a game of this nature and ruined the pacing of it. You get way too much gear thrown at you, to the point where it becomes a chore when you get new stuff rather than being exciting. I can only hope it was because it was a demo and they really wanted you to experiment with different weapons.
>>
>>338266834
What does Raikiri have to do with grind anon? It's a guaranteed boss drop.
>>
File: Hoa.jpg (25 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Hoa.jpg
25 KB, 300x240
so its more like ninja gaiden and less dark souls then?

perfect
>>
>>338266892
Nope, atleast not for the first kill.
>>
>>338266818
Shit just having a merchant or shop at the shrine would fix most of the problems in this game. Just allow people to buy shitty weapons and armor if they run out.
>>
>>338266960
My first kill was the best Raikiri I ever got. All the rest were far weaker. I got a spear once.
>>
>>338247724
You people are whining like this wasnt expected.

>make an unoriginal souls clone
>release demo with high difficulty
>get free press because of the number of butthurt souls veterans
>after demo lower the difficulty
>now an average game has AAA press coverage

The problem I had with nioh wasnt the difficulty (that was mostly okay), but the combat, which is supposed to be the main part. Weapons just didnt have any weight to it nor were they differenciated. You NEED to have unique weapons in a souls game.Also the diablo loot system hurts it. I dont want to constanty find katanas which are all exactly the same but have +1 more dmg. Better to have a few weapons which have a different move set.

Plus the movement felt weird. But mostly, the overworld just doesnt feel interesting, but maybe that will get better.
>>
>>338266834

>using armor at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8

casual
>>
>>338266960
Yes it is?
It's reward for completing the stage.
>>
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.

Thank god.
>>
>>338247946
>asia didnt find the game hard enough and want it to actually challenge them

Based japs.
>>
It's Koei. They would have lowered the difficulty regardless. All games published by this company could be completed by toddlers.
>>
>>338267304

If you've ever been in Japan/China, you would know that Asians are probably the most rasist xenophobic people in the world. They didnt trash the game because it was so bad, they did it because the protagonist is white.
>>
>>338267868
I don't need to go to those places to find out how xenophobic they are. I have a few chinese friends whose parents are traditional and speak their mind so it's easy to find out first hand.
>>
>>338267868
No they didn't. Not at least in 2 Chan. What are your sources?
>>
>>338268110

Literally the statistics.

>>338247946
>>
Nothing about the music, disappointing. There was barely any music and what was there was completely forgettable.
>>
>>338247724
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor

I'm really curious as to how the game will work instead. Less random drops? Rare weapons only dropping from bosses? Rare weapons dropping super infrequently?

>Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.

I imagine you'll only get stunned when you're out of Ki and an enemy gets a hit on you.
>>
>>338249237
It adds realism, and Katanas do break easy, so carrying more than one is smart.
>>
>>338263889
Kids nowadays do that the moment they're pressed. But then again you kinda needed to with nioh since it was mostly bullshit and not real difficulty
>>
>>338247946
More like the Japs are the only ones who aren't easily impressed by yet another Souls rehash
>>
>>338267304
>Japs complained about FFXV Duscae being too hard when no one else did

Nah.

>>338267868
The protagonist is based off a famous and revered real samurai though.
>>
>>338268241
You are literally pulling an explanation out of your ass to explain things in a graph. It's exactly the same logic as AVGN not wanting to see the ghostbuster movie because he " clearly" is a missoginist.
>>
>>338248037
you fucking suck anon

git gud you baka gaijin
>>
>>338250942
But you don't get two shot or one shot if you have the right armour.

Are you dense?

The game was already easier than any Souls, see DSP and his Demo playtrhough. He never had any serious trouble with the demo.

If anyhting, the Difficulty needs an uplift!
>>
>>338268578
But japanese want it easier, didn't you read the graph?
>>
>>338256689
>>338259765
So this is what the nioh defense force looks like
>>
>>338247724
>le git gut crowd gets shafted

pretty good
>>
>>338268582
I dont think people know that, and even if they did, they know the reason they picked him wasnt because he was so "revered", but because devs think nobody would play a game as a japanese samurai.

>>338268589
Then give me a reason why Asia would hate the game so much more than the rest of the world.
>>
>>338268589
The most funny part about his post was that the Japs apparently loved the character design. At least more so than most of the other aspects of the game.
>>
>>338268241
But only 3% think it's bad and another 3% think it's very bad, if anything the statistics show the white character is good.
>>
>>338269067
>Then give me a reason why Asia would hate the game so much more than the rest of the world.

Because Japs are casuals who only play mobileshit nowadays and cried about the FFXV demo being too hard when no one else did?
>>
>>338252325
>pace I can't wrap my head around
Lmao it's pathetic how much mental gymnastics you guys do to pretend you have skill at something. Try playing a fighting game
>>
>>338269495
>fighting games
>skill

The metagame is so fucking artificial button mashing children can beat tournament pros.
>>
>>338269495
>Try playing a fighting game

try getting a job
>>
>>338247724
>• Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
is this supposed to be a bad thing
>>
>>338269067
>they hated the game
What?
>>
>>338269609
That's why you lose online let alone tourneys you don't go to
>>
>>338269115
I could turn that around and say that only 18% though it was very good compared to the 43%.

I mean, we cant know for sure, but it makes sense. Wouldnt you be angry if your country's studio made a game that took place in your country, but made the protagonist from another one? 99% of samurai were japanese.

Plus, I think ppl still remember WW2 and the bombs - and this game has you killing japs as a white male.

Obviously this is all a reach, but it is a strong possibility.

>>338269197
That's not it, from my experience, gamers are roughly the same all around the world. If anything, japs are more autistic about their games than us.
>>
>>338269625
Right on where do I apply for the nioh defense force :^)
>>
>>338252325
>If the West had their way with this game it'd be a cinematic experience

Are you forgetting how many people circlejerk over hard games? Are you forgetting Capcom had to give us Japanese hard mode as normal mode just so they could get good reviews for DMC3? Are you forgetting every other successful indie game boasts about how challenging it is? Ninja Gaiden and NGB both were rated higher and sold more in America, Souls always sells and rates higher in America, etc. etc.

Most of your cinematic games are games that focus mainly on MP anyways and if they don't, like Life is Strange, they are made for people who don't play games like waifushitters and tumblrites.
>>
>>338269609
This proves how ignorant you are. Look forward to seeing you beat pros.

>>338269625
got one senpai
>>
>>338269668
They just needed to degrade less quickly, if anything
>>
>>338269832
Nigga there literally a character design there, literally 33% said very good and 41% said good, literally 74% positive response, there is no "turn around" here. Literally.
>>
>>338270074
Character design are mostly the enemies, "nigga."

Look, I dont want to argue about this, its pointless. If you dont see my line of thought, okay.
>>
>>338270338
That's silly.

Of course the main character is a heavy focus on the character design section.
>>
>>338270338
No please, keep arguing, it's pretty entertaining, tell me how "character design" doesn't include the main character of the game.
>>
>>338270050
>I'm so good at fighting games

Then I'm sure you easily beat DMC3's Dante Must Die mode, then right?
>>
Someone explain me why durability systems are good. Because every fucking time there's one in a game that's almost non-stop repairing (and / or results in complete disintegrating the gear) people always complain about it because it's no fun.

So why the fuck is it so good now?
>>
>>338270649
Yeah actually. DMC3 was one of my favorite games on the PS2.
>>
>>338270649
Tbh the enemy designs in DMC3 are 99% garbage and it only gets slightly better in 4.
>>
>>338270649
>missing the point entirely
The skill in fighting games comes from fighting another skilled opponent. Hack and slash games are supposed to be mindless fun
>>
>>338270725
Having or not having it on this game doesn't really matters too much, if you play well it's not a factor at all but it punishes people that are doing bad since they'll not have enough items to fix it or not get enough drops to replace it, it's basically a casual filter in this game.
>>
>>338271043
You seem like the kinda guy who says all single player games are easy unless they die, then it's just artificial difficulty.
>>
>>338271057
If it is off: The people who still play bad will keep their items and have to become better no matter what

If it is on: People who play bad end up with broken gear which will either frustrate them and they drop it or desperately move forward in order to fix it.

If souls had nonstop repairing I doubt many would've bothered with it.
>>
Why not make durability a feature for the hard modes of the game?
>>
File: 1458629841937.png (61 KB, 204x315) Image search: [Google]
1458629841937.png
61 KB, 204x315
>>338247724
>mfw Mark of the Conqueror unlocks the highest difficulty mode for non-babbies
>>
I think removing durability entirely might be too big of a jump.

Anyway the actual most important change in that changelog is the stamina stagger thing, which is basically the heart of the combat.
>>
>>338271309
I personally don't like the removal of it because for me it could be a reminder that i'm playing bad and need step it up if i start to use a lot of the items and it also makes me not get lazy, "if there is no durability why give a shit about playing better?" kinda thing. Difficulty settings is the perfect way to fix shit like that like >>338271449 pointed out but developers never do it like that, it's just damage and hp multipliers.
>>
>>338272037
You already have a reminder for playing bad: No progression.

Durability is either of the two, a system where you non-stop fix everything and it becomes annoying as fuck or a system where you rarely fix anything and it might as well not exist.

The only real reason durability to exist in games is a money sink in MMOs. Other than that it's just waste of time system. Focus on actually challenging content should be the priority, not to frustrate people with gear repairing.
>>
>>338271219
I can take it until they do some bs like the stamina mechanic. Or the 1 hit kills. Or if I obviously pressed the button at the right time but the action doesn't happen. Problem is that people have the idea that these games don't have faults
>>
>>338247724
>another plain souls clone
The thing that make unique the game , the loot/durability bar is gone.
The people in thus thread just want another souls.
Fuck this generation.
>>
>>338250942
I think the stun was fair, but I agree with you on the other two things.
>>
>>338272343
>wah i want COMFORT in ma videogames
Fucking entiled babies you already rape DS3
>>
>>338273348
The fact that you couldn't even read what I said makes your petty insult perfect.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.