[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single decent Western developed medieval fantasy MMORPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Is there a single decent Western developed medieval fantasy MMORPG that has a good community and has gameplay that isn't complete shit?

The last one I can remember was Neverwinter but that one flopped because of game-breaking bugs and P2W bullshit.

I want to be able to sink a stupid amount of time into a game I know will have a thriving online community for a long time to come.
>>
>>338246264
I heard TESO was slowly becoming the game people thought it would be, but i dont play so idk
>>
>>338246671

TESO is okay. It's way better then at launch and surprisingly the devs listened to feedback.

Though it does feel very singleplayer for awhile. The quests are probably the BEST I have ever experienced in an MMO so if you're into that then good for you.

Combat is this quasi tab targeting action hybrid. It ain't bad desu.

Solid 6.5/10 game
>>
>>338246805
In all honesty besides that and wow you got nothing else without delving into failed morphs like lotro
>>
>>338247041

Yeah for western MMORPG's pretty much. Kinda feel sorry for OP because I want the same thing.
>>
>>338246264
>Is there a single decent Western developed medieval fantasy MMORPG that has a good community and has gameplay that isn't complete shit?
No, but that is a trick question, since there is no such thing outside the west either.
>>
>>338246264
>>338247242

You guys might wanna check out crowfall. It's an mmorpg in development as we speak that could be the game you're looking for
>>
>>338247340

Possibly. Though personally I have lost all hype for this stuff now. The combat does look fun though.
>>
>>338246671
>>338246805
At this point TESO does seem like the only thing that might come close to fitting my standards, but even then it has plenty of issues.

Money gating an entire race that has been a default race in the TES series from the very first game is one of the more hilarious ones. Having to pay 100$+ to experience a game leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth.

I recently tried playing WoW private servers, but the engine and game is just too dated and boring to play after I've already spent hundreds of hours in the franchise.

>>338247337
>since there is no such thing outside the west either.

I've heard Tera is kind of good, but I'm really not that into weaboo pedophile shit.

>>338247340
As far as I've seen Crowfall is hardly a "roleplaying" game. It just looks like a PvP game, and even then the combat looks incredibly clunky and dated.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (47 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png
47 KB, 300x163
>>338247337
>dis nigga never played the king of MMOs
>>
>>338247696
>high fantasy

eh..... no thanks
>>
>>338247696

God damn if there were ever an MMO that forced group play onto you this was it lol
>>
>>338247772
>Airtrains, zeppelins, spaceships
>High fantasy
>>
>>338248147
Final fantasy is literally high fantasy. Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.