[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what the fuck this game is trying to be. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
I don't know what the fuck this game is trying to be.

Is it trying to be a platformer?
Is it trying to be a metroidvania?

Because my fucking god the combat and enemies are boring as shit.
>>
I agree, the combat is garbage. The game is clearly a metroidvania, though.
>>
>>338244269
it's metroidvania, one of the best
your shit taste is your own problem pirate scum
>>
>>338244381

>one of the best

>no weapon upgrades
>all new abilities are mandatory and are only really for jumping
>all exploration just leads to ability points which make no real difference

Not seeing it senpai.
>>
>>338244452
>no weapon upgrades
>all new abilities are mandatory and are only really for jumping
git gud pirate scum
>>
>>338244809

I bought the definitive edition.

Beat the first tree, went to explore a bit, was feeling like shit is rather lack luster.

The fuck does this have to do with pirating?
>>
>>338244853
>The fuck does this have to do with pirating?
I always expect the worst, in that case the game is just not for you
replay sotn while waiting for ghost song
>>
>>338244269
Combat becomes completely trivial once you get bash, at that point you should be treating enemies (and their projectiles) like glorified jump pads
>>
>>338245195

But then it's just a shitty Rayman Origins?
>>
>>338244269

You don't play it for the fucking combat you mongrel.

You play it for the artstyle, music and platforming.
>>
>>338245217
I suppose, I like it way more than Rayman Origins though
>>
This game probably would've been my favorite game of all time if I was a kid.
Imagining some kid playing this, never playing anything like it before and just enjoying it gives me a warm feeling in my heart.
Who am I kidding? Kids these days don't like this kind of stuff.
>>
>>338245660
I'm sure there are some children who aren't into mineycraft or watching LPs and actually play video games
>>
>>338244381
It's called "one of the best metroidvanias" by people absolutely knowing shit in metroidvania. Ori has an awful backtracking, have no interesting gimmick, shit combat, no bosses. It is just rayman meets super meat boy.

But as it is cute, it is heralded as "one of the best" by retards like you.
>>
>>338245275
This

/Thread
>>
>>338247418
Why would you want bossfights in a game that allegedly has shit combat?
>>
>>338244269
It has very little metroidvaning and lots of great platforming.
>>
I'm still salty they released a fucking "definitive edition" instead of patching or at least making a DLC.
>>
>>338244269

It's trying to be ___________art
>>
>>338248005
You can thank those kikes at Microsoft for that
>>
>>338248005
What would be the difference? The only things I can think of are the loss of save files and achievements and whatnot. Given that it's heavily discounted if you own the original.
>>
>>338244269
it's the best platformer in years, loved every minute of it.
>>
>>338247821
Bosses are milestones that act like keys. They open your environment just like any key object, but if they are impressive and hard, they make the turning points more memorable.

They are also a plus for replay value when there are sequence breaking and upgrade paths/different possible builds.
>>
>>338248668
Couldn't the point be made that the escape sequences are basically bosses then?
>>
>>338250751
They are good platforming sequences. But we could argue that Valdis Story and Super Metroid have similar sequences. The lack of antagonists beside let's say the howl, felt really off to me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.