[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Developer of Dead or Alive 5: hey guys, we're going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
>Developer of Dead or Alive 5: hey guys, we're going to give you Doa5 on PC but please don't add nude mods in or else we won't release anymore titles on pc. We hope that the PC community is respectable and will perhaps listen to our small request.
>PC users : LOOL xD nah, fuck you.

What do you guys think of this? Maybe it's why they gave pcfags a half assed port.
>>
It was a scam, they never planned to release the game so they made that threat and uploaded a disguised version of the old DoA5 ultimate arcade version with promises of finishing it three months later.

Console versions have nude mods as well.

Currently taking legal action against valve as they failed to respond to my complaints of fraud by the publisher.
>>
>>338240569

It was an entirely rediculous request. I wonder why they even bothered.
>>
File: 1460293340005.jpg (7 KB, 201x142) Image search: [Google]
1460293340005.jpg
7 KB, 201x142
>thinking everybody who owns a pc or plans on buying the game reads the devs blog or wherever the fuck they made that request
>even if they did, requesting not to make nude mods for tits: the game
hurr
>>
>>338242161
>It was an entirely rediculous request. I wonder why they even bothered.
Because they knew they never intended not to finish the game, it was a trick to make people believe someone make a nude mod somehow meant they legally didn't have to provide a working game.

Someone at the publisher obviously came up with the scheme of uploading an old arcade version that ran on windows to steam but of course no one would pay for that so they had to sell it as a DoA5LR port and then stop people refunding it straight away.

So they uploaded the arcade version claiming it was a work in progress and would be finished within 3 months, then never did it. No one can claim steam refunds because 3 months had passed.

It worked pretty well, many people are dumb enough to believe it's legal to steal over a million dollars from steam users because of a mod.
>>
It was a kekstarter-tier scam. Well fucking played Team Ninja.
>>
>>338243079
KTdrones will defend this

KT is smart, they know how to fuck over the consumer while still looking like the victim and having fanboys like OP defend them.
>>
>>338240569
if anything, KT knew it was impossible for people to not use nude mods. it was their excuse to not port DOA anymore
>>
>>338240569
When did they ever say to not make nude mods? I can't find a source on it.

>“We have to deal with mod issues from an IP holder perspective,”
>“We would like to ask PC users to play our game in good moral and manner. Otherwise, we won’t be able to release a title for PC again.”

It sounds like they're using "mod" to mean cheating online.
>>
>>338247921
>It sounds like they're using "mod" to mean cheating online.
They went around filing fraudulent DMCA claims on youtube videos because of topless textures. They weren't even mods and were just people tampering with their GPU drivers and drawing nipples on characters.

They either have no clue how laws work outside of japan or the company has some sort of link to organized crime and have a habit of breaking laws, fraud and threatening people.
>>
>>338247921
They never did say anything about nude mods, they were concerned with piracy. However /v/ and 'vidya journalism' started the hurrdurr nudez-thing.
>>
>>338249112
They said to "play in a good and moral manner" or they won't be able to have another PC release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/team-ninja-warns-modders-to-be-good-and-moral-with-dead-or-alive-5/
>>
>>338249112
dumb KTdrone
>>
>>338249465
Is there a reason you don't link to the original source?
>>
>>338246049
>KT is smart, they know how to fuck over the consumer while still looking like the victim and having fanboys like OP defend them.
I want to know if valve will make KT pay when they get fined. My government sued them for refusing to respond to fraud complaints like this and they lost, the judge ruled they were obligated to follow consumer law (valve claimed they don't sell video games only a subscription service to steam).

Now they're facing up to $1 million fines per violation, it's not going to be over until at least september though, valve has to cough up 5 years of sales data as well, not sure if it goes on public record as a result.

The funny thing is they haven't even got to my complaint yet, it was all initiated over a few minor refund requests and valve responding telling the government if they don't like it they will have to sue them. The complaints that started the whole thing were just over some games with a few annoying bugs, the asspain when they have to explain why they refused to stop companies deliberately scamming people on their service is going to be much worse. The idiot support staff even put it in writing they refuse to take any action, leaving a paper trail that can easily be submitted as evidence.
>>
>>338249692
Because that was the first link that popped up when I googled what I remembered of the quote. There's a link to the source in there anyways.
>>
File: 1444980807780.jpg (311 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1444980807780.jpg
311 KB, 3840x2160
I NEED YOU HITOMI !
>>
>>338249112
I read the original in Japanese, they specifically complain about gaijin modding culture. They also consider screenshots as their own copyrighted content and that opening any game files also constitutes copyright violation. I think it's just pure incompetence though, according to their bizarre interpretation of copyright copy/pasting a game file is worse than copying an entire character and selling it. As long as you made the drawing or 3d model yourself they seem to think IP doesn't matter.

They also don't seem to understand the difference between trademark and copyright, they seem to be under the impression if they don't attack any possible minor copyright violation they lose their copyright or something.

I imagine their legal team is some 60 year old Japanese guy who only speaks japanese, never traveled outside of Japan and probably doesn't even understand computers.
>>
File: 1459342620896.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459342620896.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>338240569
actually, they're kinder now than when Itagaki was onboard.

Tecmo chased and sued every single modder and model ripper during the doax2, doa3 days. even Mariokartn64 has to close down his account and hid
>>
>>338241192
At least PC still gets content updates. Though from what I understand there is still no lobby system right?
>>
>>338252127
No lobbies, any DLC anyone bought doesn't work online, the game doesn't support controllers because it's literally the arcade version not a port, all the DLC is more expensive and often missing parts, free content like new levels are not released on PC, often they give out free costumes on PS/Xbone but refuse to even sell them on PC. The xbone version sold poorly and has few players yet they decided to spend time remaking the F2P version for it but refuse to work on the PC version and won't release the F2P version for PC.

If you ask for support on their social media accounts for the console version you will get a response within a few hours, while they have ignored hundreds of requests for an explanation why the PC version is unfinished. It looks like they just outright banned staff from mentioning the PC version to avoid further incriminating themselves.
>>
No nude mods for THIS game? Are you fucking shitting me?
>>
>>338240569
Does anyone actually give a shit about the idea of no more DoA, or are people just pissy about them saying this on the basis that Nioh probably won't get a port thanks to it?
>>
>>338253681
That's a horrible idea. Luckily this dead series still has juice and sold enough to warrant DoA6 though that might be the point where the curtain falls. I just hope it's for the current gen.
>>
source?
>>
>>338253259
I own it and controllers work.
>>
>>338253681
I'm pissed that there is no titty physics in the pc version.
>>
>>338250780
This was arguibly the first 3d fighting game with boob physics. Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>338240569
When they said not to mod it, they meant don't add all the DLC via modding instead of buying it, you drooling moron. And the reason it's the PS3 version is because there wasn't an easy way to port the PS4 version, but there is an easy way to port PS3 games. You didn't really think it was just a coincidence that suddenly there were tons of PS3 ports on Steam, did you? Well, you're a retard, so you probably did.
>>
>>338255616
DOA3 or making it XBOX exclusive.
>>
>>338255918
There's nothing wrong with wanting to develop games for the, at that time, most powerful console.
>>
>>338241192
Consoles can have nude mods?
Evidence.
>>
File: Hitomi Dancing.webm (3 MB, 848x720) Image search: [Google]
Hitomi Dancing.webm
3 MB, 848x720
>>338250152
We all need some Hitomi in our lives
>>
>>338256328
xbox had DOAX nude mods back in 2003.
>>
>>338254981
You can change the titty physics in the settings...
>>
>>338254724
>I own it and controllers work.
Depends on the OS and controller, basically it just assigns generic USB input devices to the controls that resemble the device used on the arcade machine, if people have an xbox controller with the gamepad drivers installed it ignores them because it's no longer a generic input device. Other times it will select wacom tablets or other USB devices as the control input, there's no way to select what it picks for a controller.

>>338255831
>When they said not to mod it, they meant don't add all the DLC via modding instead of buying it, you drooling moron. And the reason it's the PS3 version is because there wasn't an easy way to port the PS4 version, but there is an easy way to port PS3 games. You didn't really think it was just a coincidence that suddenly there were tons of PS3 ports on Steam, did you? Well, you're a retard, so you probably did.

It's not a port of the PS3 version, a port of the PS3 version would be poor but somewhat acceptable. The steam version is a previous game made for arcades disguised as DoA5LR, all they did was dump some new assets into the arcade version and create a basic launcher that changes resolution and antialiasing options in a .ini file before the game starts. It's totally unfixable because it was developed for an arcade machine not as a product to be sold at retail to the public. As a result basic features from the PS3 version are missing.
>>
>>338250780
Japanese understanding of anything even remotely related to technology is stuck in the stone ages. That's why they're irrelevent nowadays.

Let it die.
>>
>>338256391
I'd much rather see her in that bikini that gave her that thong tan line.
>>
they are fools and just wanted a reason to not release anymore DoA games on pc a shame as i really wanted the new xtream
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.