[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alpha Protocol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1139.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1139.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
So I just ordered this for $5. What am I getting myself into /v/?
>>
>>338238917
A really good VN with too much shitty unskippable stealth shooter minigames
>>
Shitty gameplay and overrated writing.

Choices do matter in this game, but the plot is shit, so who gives a fuck?
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>338238917
>>
Best game I ever bought for 5 bucks, though it's probably cheaper by now.

Good stealth game with clever characters that suffers from numerous glitches.

New Vegas was also a good game despite being a buggy POS, so i guess it's typical Obsidian fare.
>>
>>338238917
One of the best action rpgs ever made. Unfortunately, most people who played it are scrubs who expected splinter cell or mgs and don't understand rpg mechanics.
People who don't like the gameplay are legimately retarded, if you play as your build, the gameplay is smooth as butter.
I remember playing a martial artist with pistol skills and not a lot of stealth, running into a group of aloha snackbars. I sprinted at the first one and hit him with a flying knee, froze time and quickly shot the fuck out of any of the mohommads I couldn't reach quickly then proceeded to kick the fuck out of the two men in range, occasionally ducking behind them to slit their throats mid combo.
Killed like 10 fags in a couple seconds.
>>
>>338240061
>not teaming up with them instead
>>
>>338239454
I know you're baiting, but I want to see you try an back up your statement on the plot.
>>
>>338240186
I did not understand it.
>>
>>338240114
>teaming up with subhumans
>not killing everyone dumb enough to point a gun at you, including the CIA and Sis
It's not a cuckold simulator.
>>
File: lewd7.jpg (195 KB, 1640x1144) Image search: [Google]
lewd7.jpg
195 KB, 1640x1144
>>338240061
Well I hope I am not too retarded so I can pull off shit like this when I play it cause that sounded amazing.

>mfw reading your post
>>
File: alphaprotocolgirl.jpg (24 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
alphaprotocolgirl.jpg
24 KB, 620x348
>>338240254
You failing to understand the plot doesn't mean it was shit

>>338240392
>killing Sis
>killing best girl

You sir, are a swine, and you ain't mah nigga
>>
>>338238917
An alright story behind a wall of shit gameplay.

I was never able to finish it. It's some exceptionally bad everything.
>>
>>338240550
>not shooting Sis in the head and trolling Albatross
If the game let me I'd have her ear on my imaginary trophy necklace.
>>
>>338240458
just remember to upgrade at least 1 fighting skill. bosses are unskippable
>>
>>338238917
Fun story and characters similar to low budget spy movies. Choices have a much bigger impact than in other games, which is nice. Gameplay is as bland as it gets, though.

For that price, it's a fun game, as long as you expect it to be like a mindless fun bargain bin movie.

It also shows that Obsodian isn't entirely incompetent.
>>
>>338240550
She was the only boss that I finished off and I did nothing but shit talk her boss for the rest of the game. The way they showed up and just started shit for no reason just pissed me off.

Also I always heard about how awful this game was but I thought it was perfectly fine. You do the stealth stuff from time to time when its convenient or during sensitive missions but running around and killing dudes works just fine. I actually liked the gameplay much more the Deus Ex which my friend told me was pretty much the same kind of game.
>>
>>338238917
An amazing mix of gameplay and story choices that actually matter worth a shit

if you go full murderhobo, the game has a dedicated

>orphans created

stat for you to know how much fully of a dipshit you were
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.