[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27
File: for fuck's sake.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
for fuck's sake.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>it's turn 136
>Pacal has 7 wonders, including the Great Library, Great Lighthouse, and Oracle
>his Piety religion is knocking on your door
what the fuck do you do
>>
just got BNW and GK
WHAT MODS PLEASE SPOONFEED
>>
If i get a random match that has Atila i always just fucking throw my entire army to kill him in early game
what an asshole
>>
Whatever mod that is, is a visual cluster fuck. How can you play that and not have your eyes bleed?

Side note, is it entirely necessary to have all the DLC civs and wonders if I wanted to install CBP?
>>
>American civilization
Gets me every time.
>>
>>338238241
NQ Mod
>>
>>338238241
community patch project
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=527906
thread with download link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034
>>
the game says "processing turn for barbarians" but the english units don't move. Is my game bugged?
>>
>All that tundra

Also how do I use religion to win a game? Surely it can't just be that perk that lets you buy units with religion?
>>
File: kill me.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Askia declares war
>1 turn later
oi this fucking negro
>>
>>338238732
It's a perk that can give you a bunch of culture, food, gold, happiness, whatever. It's just extra currency and traits for your empire. There is no win condition tied to it though.
>>
File: 1452321786594.jpg (22 KB, 350x828) Image search: [Google]
1452321786594.jpg
22 KB, 350x828
>>338238123
>what the fuck do you do
I go back and play civ 4 instead, because it's the superior civ experience.
>>
>>338238410
How can you call yourself a civilization unless you have been to the moon?
>>
how is Washington's AI so fucking bad? America is a hugely powerful ciz to play as but AI Washington is a drooling idiot.
>>
>>338238732
You use religion to help you out in whatever you're doing, so you can do stuf like liberty science by getting the city connection one, Reformation beliefs are gained at the end of the piety tree and give you an important perk, like being able to buy universities with faith and stuff
>>
>>338238732
Church Property and Tithe can give you some good spending money if you can spread your faith quickly
>>
File: kill me part 2.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kill me part 2.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw the AI does not fuck around in CBP
>tfw I can't even sign for peace like I could in unmodded civ because they actually know they're in the winning position in this mod
>>
>>338240068
what difficulty? I've been finding 7 too easy in vanilla. should I play on 4 or 5 with CBP?
>>
>>338240234
It's King, the way difficulties are handled is different in CBP:
>AI bonuses reduced overall, as AI is much more intelligent in the CP/CBP.
>AI no longer receives free techs or settlers (latter only at Deity) at start.
>AI can actually suffer from unhappiness on higher difficulties now.
>However, AI receives incremental bonuses every era (Gold, science, production, etc.). This, along with tactical AI improvements, helps it keep up with an advanced player without making the early game solely about 'catching up'.
>Difficulties ramped up, removing the below-Prince difficulty levels. Settler is now roughly the equivalent of vanilla Prince, Chieftain - of vanilla King, etc.
>>
>>338238123
You conquer his sorry ass.

Really, that's what usually happens to Pacal, he builds up a couple tall cities with a ton of Wonders and then someone comes along and conquers him because he sucks at building defenses. He can pretty problematic if he's too far/isolated, though there are a bunch of leaders like that.

Incidentally, that's a pretty sorry starting location, looks like barely two good city locations and even those have a lot of Tundra. I'd just reroll.
>>
>>338239140
>T. American

America is such a garbage civ in this game in both multiplayer and vs diety. Do you actually play this game at all?
>>
>>338240234
I'd put CBP at approximately one level above BNW. So Immortal CBP is roughly equivalent to Deity BNW, I've only beaten Immortal CBP twice and both times were pretty difficult.

>>338239140
What? Washington tends to be one of the more competent AIs most of the time.
>>
>>338240792
Shit nigga I had washington Dc putting out like 180 hammers per turn one game with america
>>
>>338240501
> I'd just reroll.

That's quitter talk!
>>
>CBP Indonesian roll
>Start a city and get luxury
>Improve luxury
>Instant monopoly
>3 food 4 gold 2 culture 2 production 2 science tile
>get this in atleast 4 different cities

feels so good, then
>candi
>get 1 extra per city

CBP the mod where if everyone is OP, nobody is OP
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-19-23-47-39.jpg (486 KB, 1440x965) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-19-23-47-39.jpg
486 KB, 1440x965
>>338238123
>go on Civ Fanatics forums
>see someone saying they like Civ 6's art style
>agree with them
>get called a troll by the mods

kek
>>
>>338240068
>all those landlocked cities

it bothers me the AI always builds a city inland when they could have a port if they just moved one tile over
>>
>>338242992
But almost none of the cities are by the edge there anon
>>
>>338239140
Uh bro, America is one of the worst civs in the entire game.
>>
Do you guys settle turn one or look for the most optimal spot?
>>
>>338243315
If there's a hill 1 tile away I will settle on it for the extra base hammer (cities on hills produce 2 food + 2 hammers versus 2 food + 1 hammer when not on a hill)

Generally you want to settle on the worst tile, you'll still get the 2 food + 1 hammer in your city even if you settle on a flat desert tile
>>
File: 1433338318811.jpg (22 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1433338318811.jpg
22 KB, 500x374
i was speaking general about the AI while trying to also convey that pic is making me break out in hives

sorry i no good english
>>
>>338243470
>>338243315
Also settling on a forest gives you more production towards your first unit/building because you're basically cutting down a forest for your city
>>
>>338238123
>playing on an island in the middle of 2 different civs
>a single military unit at turn 136
>already at gold net loss per turn

lmao
>>
>>338239056
This raises a fair question; if we applied the victory conditions from Civ to real life, which real world civilization would have "won" in our history? America by science victory? The Huns by domination? England by cultural?
>>
>>338243629
I hate building units, it feels like I neglect my city when I build units instead of more buildings, though I probably should have reworked that when settled next to a warmonger, but I didn't expect war from him so soon
>>
File: g2dx113.jpg (201 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
g2dx113.jpg
201 KB, 1024x576
>>338238123
War, of course.
When you are behind and getting further behind with every turn, you mass a huge army and go all in.
>>
>>338243860
England by domination
>>
>>338243860
Italy
>>
>>338238123
What kind of UI mod is that ?
>>
>>338243968
>>
>>338243860
>the second world war was 9 turns long
>>
>>338243916
Same here. I never build enough units in 4X games - there are so many buildings to pick instead!
>>
>>338244042
The players all added a mod that slowed down time during massive warfare
>>
File: 1463124268903.jpg (6 KB, 153x199) Image search: [Google]
1463124268903.jpg
6 KB, 153x199
>>338244042
yfw you see a carpet of russian infantry outside your borders
>>
File: eb.png (23 KB, 90x91) Image search: [Google]
eb.png
23 KB, 90x91
>Catherine has a tundra start bias
>But she doesn't receive any benefits from tundra tiles

BRAVO FIRAXIS
>>
>>338244015
Enhanced UI mod
>>
File: [Heavy Breathing].jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
[Heavy Breathing].jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>338244178
>Be Poland
>Founded Judaism for keks
>Strongest economy on the globe
>Hitler has declared war on you!
>>
>>338243916
I sympathize with that feeling. Not building up your military makes it very likely that AIs will invade you and win easily. By that point in the game you'll want at least 2-3 composite bowmen in addition to your starting Warrior, maybe more if you have an aggressive neighbor.
>>
>>338244308
Tundra has a higher than average strategic resource placement.
Other than horses, everything can spawn there, unlike other terrain.
Also tundra allows for salt to spawn, which only spawns on plains, no river desert and tundra.
And a tundra start more or less guarantees a coast nearby, although the ice placement and INABILITY TO REMOVE ICE WHAT THE FUCK FIRAXIS YOU FUCKING MORONS does ensure that your coast will suck.

Overall its not too bad. Jungle start, desert with no river, plains with no river are all worse than an average tundra, to be honest.
>>
>>338244663
I'm pretty sure ice tiles are basically meant to be antarica/artic on a flat map, removing like 2 miles of ice isn't really realistic. Should've added an Icebreaker perk to melee ships tho
>>
>>338244762
They should make the Civ VI maps into globes
>>
File: megaman level design.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
megaman level design.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
>>338244762
>realistic

The time passage is anything but realistic.
If you start building an army, by the time you are done its outdated and must be upgraded.
Time flies way too fast, it takes you a thousand years to build a fucking granary. The game isnt realistic. It is clearly sacrificing authenticity for balance. And being able to remove ice, at least later in the game, is good game balance, since areas near ice are so much worse anyway.
>>
>>338243916

its a tough habit to break i know. but buildings are passive bonuses. units let you shape the map as you wish.

another habit to break is building a road to your second and third cities immediately before you can afford it
>>
>>338244929
You can move your workers before the finish the road, and have a line of almost built roads, meaning you have a downtime of like 2 turns (assuming you have >1 worker) before you get the trade boost
>>
i've played this game for like 10-15 hours (3 games perhaps), and every time all I do is just build shit to get more food to build shit to get more production to build shit to get more gold in order to build shit to get more science etc. while occasionally making an army to defend myself.

I just build everything until turn 500 and then I'm wondering why I just did all that
>>
Which wondercuck enrages you the most?
>Great Lighthouse as England because I love having an unmatched naval power
>Forbidden Palace when going for diplomatic
>>
>>338245324

Forbidden Palace is useful to any build. -10% unhappiness is huge
>>
>>338243860

America won Cultural victory in 1989
>>
File: 1440643438636.gif (142 KB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
1440643438636.gif
142 KB, 320x176
>>338245180
That's how it feels before you know how to go for a victory condition or if you don't have any goals in mind. Try finding some basic guides for all the different victory types, they usually highlight the most important things you need. If you don't care about victory just find some kind of goal and sort of role play as whoever you are playing as. Make everyone bow to your god of your theocracy and burn everyone that stands in your way, or be maximum jew and play the diplomacy game to turn everyone against each other while you get rich, or go Maoist China and just expand your ass off, be Caesar and establish a just a fair empire, be hyper isolationist and viciously defend yourself but don't attack anyone... There are a lot of different things you can do but you have to set goals or ideas for yourself or else it's just pointlessly building like you said.

Also pushing the difficulty up some will force you to make difficult decisions, low difficulties let you coast by doing whatever you want.
>>
>>338245425
All the more reason to get mad.
>>
>>338245324

Sistine Chapel
Eiffel Tower
Cristo Redentor
Great Wall

and the one that pisses me off most, Porcelain Tower
>>
>>338245324
>Which wondercuck enrages you the most?

Porcelain Tower, because if I see it taken from me on Deity that means someone is going hard for science, and that normally means I either have to total war them right now, or I lose slowly.
>>
>>338243860
American culture.

simply look to the east. look at China and Japan. countries so vastly different from any country in the west, yet they're enamored and fascinated with western culture (which is spearheaded or dominated by that of the US)

they don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
File: 1439048477034.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1439048477034.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>>338244178
>>338244042
>be me
>be ready to buttfuck Persia after a long and tiring war
>got enough good cities for a cultural victory if I want, but I don't even need it at this point
>Muhammad has founded Islam in a distant land
>literally who
>custom religion meme shit but ok
>end turn
>muhammad has declared war on x message appears for everyone in the lobby
>suddenly fucking huge ass army on my border
>bringmetolife.mp3
>war unhappiness is really high so I can't do as much as I'd like
>make peace with Persiabro, friend playing in the same room as me, and decide to thwart this shit and get back to the game
>they wipe out Persia and grab all the cities I fought so hard to get to in 5 fucking turns, friend is pissed and rage quits
>they grab Egyptian and Jew holy cities in the next 3 turns, bye bye culture victory
>they ignore building up Ctesiphon and build a new city where Babylon was
>defend well enough in my border cities at this point that I'm safe
>they just push west and east like a motherfucker
I am sick of these hacker faggots ruining my games, I could have had a domination victory fuck.
>>
>>338245324
both of those retain thier bonus when you capture the enemy cit
>>
Does anyone know ho to use the future worlds mod properly? By the time I am near the information era I could easily win via diplo, culture or domination if I didn't delay it. It is fun to get a capital with 1500 production, though.
>>
>>338246818
So does every wonder that doesn't give you an instant great person/policy. The fact is that it's easier to just build a wonder than conquer 20 cities to get to it
>>
i fapped to dido in a game where her empire was down to like 1 city while I kept giving her big gold gifts

i pretended there was a "sleep with me in exchange for a city" in the trade thing and she'd refuse but I'd still gift her gold
>>
>>338247287
Points for creativity, although that doesn't seem like something to get aroused over.
>>
>>338247287
Cuck is strong with this one. Dido fucked her Adonis in bed full of gold you gave her after you left.
>>
>play on huge with 22 civs, only dominance and culture victory and cbp
>everybody loves me
>first one to pick ideology
>every other civ picks a different ideology
>everybody denounces, hates and declares war on me
Yeah and I am the fucking warmongerer
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (693 KB, 1915x1077) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
693 KB, 1915x1077
going to fuk this nigger up soon
>>
>>338249013
>>everybody denounces, hates and declares war on me for having a different ideology

Sounds like the real world
Step up your tourism game so their people can start revolting
>>
>The other major visual style element that Busatti’s extremely proud of is a callback to Civilization IV. “We had those pre-rended Wonder movies that show a sort of time-lapse photography sunrise to sunset. Everybody really liked those, and we got a lot of comments that they missed those as a reward for building Wonders,” he recalls. “So now we’re doing those in-game. Wonders actually have very intricate build sequences, so as you’re building Wonders over time you can see a certain percentage that’s done by looking at them massing. But when you’re done you’re rewarded by this movie – actually, the time of day in the world changes. So it goes from night to sunrise, so you see all the bricks building up in place until you get to sunset. Or some of the wonders end at night because they’re lit. And it’s all in-game in your world, and you can see all your buildings around it. It makes the world seem more alive, and that’s something we’ve put a lot of effort into.”

>Yes, Firaxis built a whole time-of-day system just for that one feature. But its uses may not end there. “We’ve been experimenting. We’d also like to do a setting where you literally you see the sun rise when you start the game. But we’ve also had a setting where you can just keep rotating through. It doesn’t make sense to tie it to turns, but a looping two or three-minute cycle. And we also want to give people the option to set certain times, just say ‘6pm!’ and play that way.”

>And even though those uses are entirely cosmetic, Busatti says a feature like time-of-day lighting could find other purposes. “There are plenty of ways to tie it in for the modding community. I could see someone making a Gettysburg game where the time of the day actually indicates when the game’s going to be over. So you start your battle at sunrise, and it gets incrementally darker every turn until it’s night time, and that’s the end of the game.”

Sounds comfy
>>
>>338249013
I really like the way that Ideologies drive wedges into established relationships, but on the other hand they can end up being really annoying at times. I usually do 8 Civ games and by the time ideologies are picked, it's not rare for the game to be down to 5 or less Civs that are actually still relevant in the game so you can end up with no allies at all. Or someone who hates your guts and will never be friendly can end up with your Ideology.

I usually just play it safe and delay my choice, then pick based off potential allies, which is boring and usually gives me Order, but probably the most effective way, all things told.
>>
>>338244876
>fall over and hurt yourself
>sue the city
>profit???
>>
>>338249210
>negative 6 happiness

Sure you are.
>>
>>338238123
archers in every town, build walls, declare war. turtle for 20 turns and he'll give you his towns.
>>
>>338243860
The phrase leaders use when they have been engulfed with your culture is literally "wear your jeans and listen to your music"

Can you think of any nation that can boast that today besides the US?

Don't be retarded and get pedantic about where the pants are made, you know damn well the concept grew out of and was popularized in America
>>
>>338249013
>>338249614
If your culture is influential or dominant over a civ with a different ideology, it's very likely their pop's unhappiness will force them to change their ideology to yours.

Also in CPP you can try dominating some civs into vassalage early into the game and they will always adopt their ideology. I just had a game as Germany where Poland was having problems with me from like turn 30 and in return I conquered one of his cities, he gave me two more in a peace deal, and in another trade deal shortly after, he became my voluntary vassal. Then he sucked my dick for the whole game until he declared independence like 50 turns before I won but I didn't feel going to war with him over it.
>>
>>338250103
germany, china, japan, netherlands, they all have culture and products that majority of the world use and could use that phrase, but US by far has been the most efficient. hell, rock and roll and mcdonalds are textbook examples of this.
>>
>>338250597
>they will always adopt their ideology.
they will always adopt your* ideology.
>>
>>338245324
I always build Hanging Gardens no matter what civ
>>
is community patch bro about?

I always seem to struggle with science on the harder difficulties and towards end game I am massively lagging behind other Civs. Any tips?
>>
File: civ 5.jpg (268 KB, 872x1224) Image search: [Google]
civ 5.jpg
268 KB, 872x1224
daily new civ game with lots of prescription painkillers time
>>
File: 1405604378494.jpg (119 KB, 400x588) Image search: [Google]
1405604378494.jpg
119 KB, 400x588
>install community patch
>Askia starts talking shit about my empire
>tell him to fuck off
>he declares war on me

Well that was a nice surprise
>>
File: hopesndreams.webm (446 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hopesndreams.webm
446 KB, 1920x1080
>>338252778
ayy
>>
File: 1234543324.jpg (32 KB, 478x276) Image search: [Google]
1234543324.jpg
32 KB, 478x276
>tfw /v/ is getting the civ threads back

feels comfy man
>>
>>338243860
Does this need to be repeated every single thread? America won culture victory.
>>
>>338252778
Rollllling
>>
File: 1457947952033.jpg (80 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
1457947952033.jpg
80 KB, 417x600
>so this game, i will engage at my enemies
>havent been in a war throughout the entire game
>freedom again
Teach me how to war guys
I always end up in culture wars which i mostly roleplay as reagan

>as france, 4x theming bonus
>my freedom bros, venice and austria are with me (the irony)
>up against rome, germany and russia
>around 1000 tourism
>influential with my venetian and austrian bros, and they have around 700-500 tourism due to less theming
>we are all content, while rome and germany are in a revolutionary wave
>russkies still strong, but have 0 hapiness, barely holding up
>decide its time to bring out my army of musicians
>sign open borders because the gamble's worth it
>all the musicians inside russia and rome
>3 revolutions in 1 turn
MR.GORBACHEV...
>>
France - authority, statecraft, imperialism? Or progress, statecraft, imperialism?
>>
>>338249013
That never happened to me. Generally the 2-3 civs I have extremely good relations with follow my lead and pick the same ideology while the enemy picks something different.

Then again I tend play 2 continent map, I play on ebin so I have enough time to dominate the first continent and I make a future punitive expedition on the other continent or an island nearby so I can quickly invade and curb power if someone starts flying too high.
>>
>>338252778
Let's see
>>
Ah it's one of those amazing occasions when you get no iron anywhere near you. Going to be fun.
>>
Reminder for anyone who uses NQ mod, do not update to v10, it's literal shit and practically kills Liberty and Honor, makes war literally shit, and some other dumb shit because the maker is a retard.

Stick with v9.
>>
>>338253713
If you feel like you're going to have to do a lot of warmongering early, go authority. I love going Authority on Monty.
>>
>>338254610

Went with authority as the culture boost for conquering cities is too tempting. Glad I did, 1280bc and hemmed in by Babylon and neither of us are happy with where each other has settled cities. I might have to go five cities early on to prevent his strategic expansion, and take the hit elsewhere. As a war is brewing.
>>
>>338238123
>Letting it get to that point

Well first off I would immediately check the area for any FBI shit that could be scrambling my brains. Then I would go see my professor and have him evaluate me to see if I'm going crazy. Past that I would just accept that living in the U.S. has finally made me stupid and I would go buy an xbox.
>>
>>338238327
>Playing with Atila

Fuck man thats a bad time all around.The last game I had him in I got 6 "Unknown nation has lost its capital" before I even had the wheel. By the time I got to exploring with ships I found a huge 7 play continent that was only him and the remains of the other AI that was with him.
>>
>>338252563
I am, but I'm a bit late to this thread tonight - just saw it now.

Other than playing a Cheese Civ for science like Babylon, Mayans (Pyramids + heavy forest start OP) Korea ect you should be trying to get science from specialists and planted GS's, trade-routes to the more advanced civs and a forest/jungle city always helps for mid-late game science a lot. If worse comes to, go to war and knock out a science civ (If your unit techs are not too far behind)

Most of all, TURN OFF TECH TRADING. The AI circlejerks and cheats and hoards techs with other AI. Turn it off and the game will be much better,
>>
>>338255160
I played a mod called "Barbarians evolved" (Barbs found cities, upgrade, attack in waves after mustering strength) with raging barbs on.

12 civs, Immortal, standard. Turn 90sih 4 civs including myself were left, we were all super fucking tech and infrastructure stunted. Leaving the endless confines of the fortified spearmen was suicide. It was the most fun I have had with Civ CBP aside in ages. Worth a try once for that feeling of utter despair.
>>
Are there scenario mods that allows me to recreate the Japanese Warring States period?
>>
>>338256547
are your factions based on fruit?
>>
>>338238123
Does AI get free faith if I play on difficulty above Prince? I don't mind AI getting a handicap but not being able to do anything with religion because of that shit is annoying.
>>
>>338257218
They difficulty depending either get the tech for shrines unlocked from turn 1 and hard build the shrines faster than you could, and IIRC on Immortal/Deity just get the building prebuilt too.

It's mostly the aforementioned free tech and that they start with scouts/warriors so can meet religious city states easier for the free faith. Remember that on Turn 20+ Ancient ruins can start give you faith (enough for a pantheon), so you might wanna save one or two if you can around then.
>>
I quintuplied happiness sources so its like im playing civ2 again
>>
>>338257218
I'm not sure but it's a waste of time in 99% of situations to try and spread your religion past your own cities on higher difficulties, it costs way too much faith you could be saving for great people and the AI never lets up on keeping their religion
Some of the time I dont even bother spreading it past my capital
>>
>>338255598

Much appreciated
>>
>>338252778
Eh
>>
>>338238241
cikes city view, or something
lets you see local unhappiness
>>
>>338238825
>not using infoaddict to maintain similar army strenght
>>
here's an unmodded emperor game I did yesterday. first time getting a 50 pop city.

>go full freedom
>all the city states are belong to me

its too easy, actually.
>>
>>338238825
>one fortified spearman

good old noob syndrome
>>
Why does everyone bitch about the new art style in Civ 6? I think it looks way better.
>>
File: 1366x768_cute_white_cat-1538152.jpg (122 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1366x768_cute_white_cat-1538152.jpg
122 KB, 1366x768
>>338240068
I am getting my shit handed to me on difficulty 4, it is the first time playing the CBP version though
>>
>>338262143
Because all of the changes to gameplay they've revealed sound pretty decent overall and people need something to get mad at.
>>
>>338252778
rollan fp
>>
File: 2014-07-03_00001.jpg (552 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-03_00001.jpg
552 KB, 1280x1024
>>338262010
Diplomatic victory is incredibly easy, even on diety. Playing Venice pretty much all you do is set up trade routes and press next turn.
>>
>>338252778
>>
>>338262143
I fucking love the new look, this is literally the first time in Civ history that the roads don't look like fucking dog shit
>>
>>338238971
Nah
>>
>>338238502
Kek
>>
>>338252778
;;;;;;;
>>
File: 20160519142846_1.jpg (466 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160519142846_1.jpg
466 KB, 1366x768
I feel like I already won this game, better stats than everyone, 10 cities (6 of which are canal cities), going to start a new one on a higher difficulty. Besides CBP, what mods are you using, OP?

Also what civ do I pick? Going 12civs/epic/all victories.
>>
>>338238502
delete this
>>
>>338266694
why do people keep using this shit meme
>>
>>338266787
anglo barbarians have neither memes nor culture
>>
>>338252778

doot doot
>>
>>338267361

>England
>Archipelago
>Cultural Victory

So, easy mode?
>>
>American culture victory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFVdvXGIT34
>>
>Getting bullied by the Zulus
>Push their shit in and take their capital
>Suddenly I'm the bad guy and half of the civs denounce me including fucking Nobinaga

It's just like real life, you can't push back when someone pushes you first.
>>
>>338252778
rollio
>>
>>338254890

This turned out well. Hostility was increasing so I began to build up my army as I had concentrated on cities and resources so I had a relatively weak army.

Set all my cities to pump out units ready to attack Babylon as there was 12 bits of iron towards the back end of his territory that he hadn't gone for (and also, pretty much the only iron on the continent except for two I was using for swordsmen, brave, brave swordsmen).

However,Babylon strikes first, he mistook my lack of army for weakness. My army is a turn or two ready to be deployed, I hold him back, more and more units are deployed and it is an even fight. Front line changing between cities due to proximity, no-one can get a toe hold, particularly as neither of us have iron, spearmen, horses and archers clash. My two swordsmen are the only thing keeping me in this against his superior numbers. One rests, one fights until he is too injured. The other fights whilst they rest. Fight, rest, fight, rest. Tick tock.

My money is getting depleted, unit upkeep and trade routes being hammered is hurting me. I'm about six turns away from having enough culture for the garrison perk. But I'm not going to last. Go all out attack, hammer his front and get enough culture for garrison in two turns. Raid his trade routes. Money isn't an issue now, however my horribly exposed troops are. He counters, sweeping through my injured horses.Lose 3 of them and get everyone to retreat, hoping to stretch his lines and bring him into my territory. Swordsmen barely escape with their lives. He doesn't fall for the bait though, he waits. I wait.

Cat and mouse now. Small raiding parties. Probing. I capture a couple of undefended workers and put them to great use as slave labour creating mines for my flung off city in the tundra.

I get the final culture needed to complete authority. Get a shit load of units due to population boom. Time to attack.
>>
>>338268887
Make sure to build that Terracotta Army, anon
>>338252778
ay
>>
>>338268887

I send my two swordsmen and best horse north through his territory, as he a new city set up solely for the iron. I must destroy this. These elite troops barely make it through past his capital, but pillage and move, and make it and rest. The iron city is dismal. ice, tundra, snow, hills, mountains. But it is vital. I must destroy the iron mines to win the war.

At the same time, my conscript army of horses, archers and spearmen attack his souther city. A small force is set up to defend the other flank, if he attacks it, then it is over. Hopefully he will think twice due to the citadel.

We take the southern city. A lot of luck and lot of spilt blood, but it is ours. He counters with 4 swordsmen against my bedraggled and injured southern army. My elite troops move quickly in the north, and destroy the mines just in time. His swordsmen are useless now, they get torn apart by archers. We are winning.

We destroy the northern iron city to stop it being retaken My southern army is tired and needs healing so if throws everything at the northern city he would probably take it. He sues for peace. I hove over accepting it as I'm a well constructed counter away from losing everything I have gained. Peace? Nah, mate, you started it.

We attack his capital. It is a long and protracted seige, but we do it. No trebuchets as no iron makes it hard but we win. Terracotta Army wonder gives me fresh troops to throw into this hell. We win though. We do win. He becomes my vassel. I build a new city new the iron deposits and make it glorious. Send great people there and pepper the snow with monuments to France's glory. I treat him fairly. I am a benevolent ruler.

Peace at last.
1500 year war.
Peace in our time.

In the distance Greece is looking at my iron city. Hungrily. Already had words over his missionaries. I think it will be more than words. My army is medium sized, less numbers than Greece, but more experienced.

Another war is brewing. This is one I am ready for.
>>
>Poland demands tribute from one of my city state friendos
>He tells me and claims I won't do jack shit
>About to invade and take over his capital

This ones for you uncle adolf
>>
>>338238123
>tfw playing on an 8yo mac at 1280x800

jdimsa
>>
File: 1461274678746.jpg (31 KB, 501x430) Image search: [Google]
1461274678746.jpg
31 KB, 501x430
>>338270447
This was pretty good until you implied you could stop Greece
>>
>>338246647
I wouldn't say that's hacking unless you're sure they're using something that magically spawns shit for them. You didn't see, so you can't complain.

And if you're tired of solid players fucking your shit up, just have private games with your friends. Then you can dress up like your leader and cosplay you weabooo
>>
>>338244035
>republic of Sibr

What
>>
File: lo.png (435 KB, 623x961) Image search: [Google]
lo.png
435 KB, 623x961
LOL
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.