[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Sequels that somehow have shittier graphics than their previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
ITT: Sequels that somehow have shittier graphics than their previous installment.
>>
Bruh, have you played Sots on PC? Shit is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>338233986
This is objectively false, DS2 had better graphics than DS1 by a long shot primarily because it had a dedicated PC release
>>
>>338234084
Doesn't fix every level being a box
>>
>>338233986

Well, if you bunch in level design, atmosphere, art direction, etc. into "graphics", then yes, Dark Souls II is vastly inferior to Dark Souls.
>>
>>338234307
that has nothing to do with graphics
>>
>>338234276

Use the ds1 fix

It doesn't do anything besides allow 1080p and 60fps so it's not some dumb texture pack
>>
>>338234636
DS2 plays in 1080p too. OP is still fucking stupid as shit, DS2 has higher texture res on every texture than DS1
>>
>>338233986
Far Cry 3 had better post-processing than 2, but everything else was a step down.
>>
>>338233986
On a technical level, objectively speaking, no, DaS2 does not have worse graphics than DaS does. Not even fucking close. You can claim the level design is worse, the areas are uglier, and the colors are dull, but claiming that the measurable graphical fidelity is worse is objectively wrong.
>>
File: 1463330976851.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1463330976851.png
1 MB, 1920x800
The lighting in DS2 is what fucks everything up.

You could tell they designed the assets and levels to use the lighting engine you saw in the previews, then they had to scrap it because consoles suck dick.

You can still see the old lighting engine in the hub and bonfires, which looks pretty great.

What could have been...
>>
>>338234893

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE

And yet, it is objectively worse.
>>
>>338234993

You can restore that lightning engine but have fun getting softbanned and removing yourself permanently from PVP.
>>
>>338233986
They opted for performance instead. Remember Dark Souls 1? That shit couldn't help but slow down to a chug in some areas
>>
>>338235090

How can ANYBODY watch this and not see the washed out ass that's Dark Souls 2? How can ANYBODY defend it's visuals over Dark Souls 1?

I swear when I played the game I kept looking up in the left corner for Unregistered HyperCam.
>>
>>338235090
Fucking christ, the guy's voice. I had the video playing on here and accidentally opened a tab that played it on youtube at the same time, got a nice glimpse of what Hell sounds like.
>>
>>338235186

I know right? I remember when the controversy happened we PC bros were all like "it's okay, we'll mod them back in and our game will look like the trailers"... which happened, but too bad From is so butthurt about it they fucking ban anyone who changes one single character in a line of code. Hell people got banned for bug fix mods.

Without dueling and invasions, Souls games are just unplayable.
>>
>>338235881
>Without dueling and invasions, Souls games are just unplayable.
please leave the series. like don't play them anymore.
>>
>>338235983

The carebear train has arrived! Quick unplug your modem like you do in your Souls games so nobody can make fun of you.
>>
>>338236095
I like PVP. It is not the end all be all of Souls, and the PVE is far more integral to the experience, unless you are a tryhard faggot.
>>
Halo 4

Everything was so low res. Aesthetics and visual design were really bad most of the time as well.

Ugly fucking game.
>>
I absolutely hate the inherent auto motion plus in Dark Souls 2. When I first saw my friend play it, I hated the way it looked but couldn't quite discern why, but that's the reason. Real shitty animations too.
>>
File: 15496_front.jpg (684 KB, 1535x2173) Image search: [Google]
15496_front.jpg
684 KB, 1535x2173
what the fuck was the deal with this
>>
>>338236814
I was shocked at the difference between Reach and 4. Reach really looked good even on my shitty 360, but 4 was ass.

Halo 4 was a let down to everyone, but lore fags it's the opposite of Reach.
>>
>>338238701
It annoys me too, seeing everyone praise 4 for its visuals. I was not a fan.
>>
>>338233986
It's more of a different art style issue than the quality itself. There are enough other problems with DS2.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.