[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always wanted to get this game for ps2, i've only played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: MinstrelSongLogo.png (113 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
MinstrelSongLogo.png
113 KB, 500x254
I always wanted to get this game for ps2, i've only played the gameboy games in the series (final fantasy legend) and this is basically a remake of saga 4 right? Is this a good game for someone who enjoyed those three and is there anything weird i should know?
>>
It's complete shit. You should play a good game like bloodborne or Uncharted.
>>
File: zGKBXEz.gif (448 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
zGKBXEz.gif
448 KB, 496x279
>>338230154
I've wanted to play it for years. Never released in Europe and Australia.
>>
It's a remake of the first Romancing Saga.

>Is this a good game for someone who enjoyed those three
Yeah. It's more like the first two FFL games so you don't gain levels you gain stats based on your actions in battles.

>and is there anything weird i should know?
Don't grind. It'll fuck you over if you do.
>>
I consider it the best PS2 RPG, but it's not for everyone. You're able to travel almost everywhere right from the beginning of the game and the game doesn't really tell you how to go about completing your objectives. It's up to the player to dictate the course of the adventure. Some people like this approach, some find it frustrating that the game doesn't tell them where to go.

The game has has a great character growth system (building on how the early SaGa games handled stat growth and such) and one of the best examples of a "living" setting that I've encountered. Events can proceed around the world regardless of whether or not the plauer character happens to be there to witness it. The villain doesn't just sit on his ass waiting for the heroes to show up and throw a wrench into things: it's entirely possible for parts of the world to be ravaged before you even discover them.
>>
>>338230690
>>338230154
It is not really a remake of Romancing SaGa 1 though, it's really completely different. Sorta like how Sword of Mana is nothing like Final Fantasy Adventure. You should just wait for the ios port that's coming out soon.
>>
>>338230317

ignore this faggot

Romancing saga is fucking awesome
>>
>>338231153
It's officially considered a remake. And that's all that matters.

Not all remakes are 1.1 anon.
>>
>>338231391
It's shit compared to the original though.
>>
>>338231569
I'm not a big fan of the artstyle, but I think Minstrel Song was a significant improvement otherwise.
>>
>>338232621
the gameplay is much worse, the story was basically removed, and the new characters are awful.
>>
It's more SaGa Frontier than Romancing Saga. Still worth playing, though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.