[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Should we put a challenging but fun group of enemies here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Serious-Sam-3-BFE.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Serious-Sam-3-BFE.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
>Should we put a challenging but fun group of enemies here

>no let's spam 30.000 Kleers Xd

It's such a shame that this game goes to shit a few hours in.
It had such a promising start and it was fun.

Then they put you in open levels much like in the classic Serious Sam games, but since this game was made in 2011 you have to reload most of your guns so slows you down a lot and makes you vulnerable in an open field so you have to run around.

But you can't run around because YOU CAN'T FUCKING RELOAD WHILE SPRINTING !

In the old Serious Sam games enemies would spawn in droves but they go way too far in this game and they ALWAYS spawn 50 more enemies than they should. It reminds me of an 8 year old playing around with the Warcraft level editor and spawning in 3000 units.

Also why are Kleers so stupidly laughably overpowered ? It's like a really bad joke.

This game is a fucking mess.
>>
you're bad
t. Queen Hatsheput
>>
>>338229227
No the game's bad
>>
>complaining that Sam is too hard

Now that's a first. Usually its babby tier casuals who played on Normal complaining that its "Strafe to Win: The Game"
>>
>>338229227
>>338229482

It's not "too hard" you inbred mongoloid.
It's tedious and not fun and comes nowhere near First Encounter that was fun.

Retards who excuse bad game design with " hurr get good" are cancer
>>
I can only think of a few poorly paced levels. Serious Sam 3 was not tedious for me, although I only played through once on Hard.
>>
>>338229841
Nah, the game isn't tedious. You're probably just bad at it. If your complaint had any validity, you wouldn't be the first.
>>
>>338229841

>It's not "too hard" you inbred mongoloid.

>Also why are Kleers so stupidly laughably overpowered

?
it isnt as good as FE but it isn't bad, especially the latter levels. Only bad design is the "collect the gas" bit.
>>
>>338228119
>they ALWAYS spawn 50 more enemies than they should

It's fucking insane and I love it.

Is anyone up for some co-op?

Hell, up for some Deathmatch?
>>
File: 1442085061469.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442085061469.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
what the fuck dude, nothing of what you said is an actual complaint, just rambling about inane shit. I mean seriously, you're talking about not being able to reload while sprinting or whining about how many enemies spawn in a level instead of, oh I don't know, the fact that the first few levels are pretty mediocre compared to the ones in earlier serious sam games?
>>
>>338228119
>game makes fun of cover shooters
>IMMEDIATELY makes you hide behind/use cover against the enemies that literally have guns that shoot actual fast bullets.
I liked 1 and 2 because i could dodge almost all of the attacks and if i died it was my fault.
>>
>>338230590
Also that >laughably overpowered
Like, seriously, that's how you describe it? All I can imagine is some DSP-tier "HA HA HA, OH WOW! IT KILLED ME IN ONE HIT! WOW!"
>>
>>338230784
TSE and TFE had ton's of scorpions. Hell, the even put a few of them really far away where you couldn't see them so they could cheaply chip away at your HP while you fought other enemies.
>>
>>338230895
>one enemy
Thats the thing, it was only one enemy and you'd always focus them down first. There are just too many in 3 to enjoy at all.
>>
File: 1452500830987.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1452500830987.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>338229227
That final level is the shit with 16 players on Serious and limited lives. It comes down to 1 man vs the world trying to scavenge enough points to revive his fallen team mates.
>>
>>338230784
Get the Workshop mod that turns them all back into normal headless rocketeers.
>>
File: 1461369450774.png (1 MB, 680x371) Image search: [Google]
1461369450774.png
1 MB, 680x371
TSE>TFE>>>>>>>>>>>>SS3

3 is still an okay shooter though

SS4 is probably gonna be worse than 3
>>
Playing with "BFE Enhanced", a workshop mod, made the game a blast.
If you're looking to get your money's worth, try that. Other mods should also help, like what >>338231561
said.
>>
>>338230192
Them being overpowered doesn't make the game harder, it just makes it tedious.

>>338230590
I "whine" about not being able to reload while sprinting because you have to reload most of your weapons in a fucking Serious Sam game. Reloading makes you vulnerable and you have to hide behind cover. It's fucking tedious and not fun.

>>338230785
I see you're one of those tryhard edgelords who says shit like "Dark Souls is easy !" and defends terrible game design and acts like the plebeians just don't understand the "creator's vision". I bet you think Blighttown is good.

You will probably grow out if it in a few years.
>>
>hating on serious sam for being serious sam

/v/ pls
>>
>>338231952
>I see you're one of those tryhard edgelords who says shit like "Dark Souls is easy !" and defends terrible game design and acts like the plebeians just don't understand the "creator's vision". I bet you think Blighttown is good.

This is the most autistic level of projection I have ever seen. What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>338228119
Except the enemy density isn't any greater than that of the original games. Especially since the original had arenas with enemies already in them that spawned even MORE on top of that. The only level with a ridiculously high enemy density is the final level, but it's mostly for show since you get unlimited C4 which is spammable and 1-shots anything smaller than a Major Biomech.

But if you don't believe me, go look it up for yourself. The enemy count/density doesn't come close to the original games. This game is a lot more conservative with bigger enemies than the original games were. TSE was about hordes of Biomechs, Mancubi, and those red fuckers with giant homing fireballs. Big enemies, up until the final level, are pretty sparse and are generally the "centerpiece" of each wave.
>>
>>338232816
>Like, seriously, that's how you describe it? All I can imagine is some DSP-tier "HA HA HA, OH WOW! IT KILLED ME IN ONE HIT! WOW!"

WOW PROJECTING MUCH ? :)
>>
>>338233438
That isn't what "projection" means.
>>
Git gud
>>
>>338233532
>That isn't what "projection" means.
Nope. It's exactly what it means
>>
>>338233784
You first
>>
arena wave shooters are fucking lame.
give me levels and actually thought out enemy placement and power ups and secrets any time over this crap
>>
>>338234043
>give me levels and actually thought out enemy placement and power ups and secrets any time over this crap

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
>>
>>338233925
Only if you promise you're next
>>
>>338234313
Nope

I almost forgot
>Hitscan enemies in an arena shooter
>>
>>338234781
Can't think of one without them except for Doom 4.
>>
>>338235012
Actually, I think the shield soldiers use a shotgun. They switch between that and the plasma gun.
>>
Which games in this series have good controller support?
>>
>>338235367
Both HD games and 3.
>>
>>338228119
>It had such a promising start and it was fun.

What the fuck the start was the worst part in that game.
>>
>>338235367
Also, SS3 has split-screen if you want some good couch co-op.
>>
>>338228119
>but since this game was made in 2011 you have to reload most of your guns
Stopped reading there.
Not true past level 4.
And those "open areas" full of enemies dont show up til after that.
Also, generic shitpost that's been going on for years. You've been posting this for 5 years. When you cant make people agree with you, you need to learn you're wrong.
>>
>>338231952
>I "whine" about not being able to reload while sprinting because you have to reload most of your weapons in a fucking Serious Sam game.

That would just totally break the game. I think adding in reloading was fucking stupid in general however you sprint so god damn fast in that game you can easily outrun most enemies by just circle strafing, having to stop to reload is like the one thing that makes it somewhat balanced.
>>
File: 1459929260538.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1459929260538.gif
140 KB, 379x440
Where's the server?

When's co-op?
>>
>>338229841
TFE is fucking tedious and boring compared to BFE.
>>
>>338235793
You're telling me there's ANOTHER Sam shitposter I don't know about? The only one I know of used to come into threads and shit on SS3 for having DRM. That was it. Just irrationally angry that Sam 3 had DRM attached and so the game was shit because of it.
>>
Theres nothing serious about this game besides enemy count and types.Played the first lvl and nothing felt like a sam game till you getting swarmed and even then its underwhelming.

>Hello fellow kids.jpg
>>
>>338235012
D44M has hitscan enemies, they are just used relatively infrequently.

They are also the most annoying shit on the fucking planet if you are playing on a reasonable difficulty level.
>>
>>338235448
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>338236427
Played on Nightmare. The only ones are the shield guys and even then they only use their shotgun at close range. Otherwise they charge their super plasma ball thing.
>>
>>338235012
I can
Serious Sam First Encounter with the exception of the scorpions you can pretty much dodge every.
In SS3 the most common enemy type uses hitscan weapons.

>>338235793
>Not true past level 4
You don't have to reload past level 4 ?

>You've been posting this for 5 years. When you cant make people agree with you, you need to learn you're wrong.
I downloaded the game 3 days ago. Never played it before that

>>338236187
The original Serious Sam is one of the most pure fun games out there. I can start the game up any day and have a great time wit it. This is bait
>>
I like it better than Serious Sam 2, and Serious Sam 2 is pretty fucking good. Art style aside, it's a great game.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.