[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize Dark Souls 2 is a better game than the disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: tbh-faraam.png (737 KB, 440x696) Image search: [Google]
tbh-faraam.png
737 KB, 440x696
When did you realize Dark Souls 2 is a better game than the disappointment that came after?

This game should get more credit for being more intuitive, instead of rehashing things that were already done? Waaaay more things introduced by DS2 that DS3 only took 1% notes off, but took a big shit on the Blue Sentinels. Yeah sure, DS2 could've used some of our favorite armors worn by Solaire, Tarkus, Kirk and the likes, but Dark Souls 3 couldn't even bring back the Crimson Set, Crystal Knight Set, or even make the MLGS purely elemental. Plus, caster builds in this game were balanced.
>>
File: 1458061283932.png (111 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1458061283932.png
111 KB, 453x599
>>338227180
>Plus, caster builds in this game were balanced.
>>
>>338227334
Caster builds in DS3 were shit.
They were broken in DS1
Demon's was another story.
Bloodborne was a taste on how useless casters would be.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is lame because it was just a Dark Souls 1's masturbatory exercise. It didn't try to do its own thing, instead copying the first game down to the same mechanics.
Hell, they even went as far as making Gwyn the final boss again.
>>
>>338227334
They got nerfed post release. Spellcasting is useless in 3, you spend a bunch of points essentially creating a gimmick build where 4 ring slots are devoted to boosting damage and if you're a sorcerer you're wearing a special headpiece. It's stupid what they did to the cornerstones of build diversity in DS3, the heavy armour tanker and the spellcaster. They didn't exactly introduce new diversity either, archers are still shit and dagger builds aren't in a good spot.

If DS2 released with the lighting engine it had in previews, it would be remembered as a fantastic entry in the series that added a ton of new things and was filled with moody level setpieces. Instead, it's shit on even though it did a ton of things right, tried to be different than ds1, and fixed several back-end issues. In DS1, Bloodborne, and DS3, if you lose internet you're booted outta the game. In DS2 you just go offline.
>>
>>338227334
i know its like everyone forgot how shit faith and magic are
>>
File: 1463641307140.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463641307140.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>It's another effortless "DaS2>anything" bait thread
>>
>>338227334
They were a bit too OP, but after the first round of magic nerf patches they were in a good spot.

Then DS3 comes along and magic may as well not exist.
>>
>>338228017
Gwyn isn't the final boss, it's the embodiment of everybody who has ever linked the flamed.
>>
>>338229095
>In DS1, Bloodborne, and DS3, if you lose internet you're booted outta the game. In DS2 you just go offline.
Seriously what is up with this? For every step forwards DS3 takes, it takes two steps backwards.

Same shit with dorkmoons and blueberries, making them completely redundant and removing the blue orb for no reason.
Or how about instead of fixing poise in DS2, completely remove it with useless hyper armor frames?

I swear, if all of this garbage don't get fixed soon, DS3 is dead to me.
>>
>>338229569
Second phase of Soul of Cinder is basically modernized Gwyn.

It's also why it's so fucking easy compared to the first phase - it's using outdated DS1 mechanics so it's piss easy to work around.

I get what they were going for with the callback, but it really doesn't help DS3 set itself apart from DS1.
>>
>>338229569
The last phase is intentionally identical to Gwyn though
>>
>>338227180
>Dark Souls II is good meme

Loving every laugh
>>
fuckoff with this ds2 shilling you piece of shit. i almost fell for this new meme until i started rebooting my game and play it again. you know what OP? you can have all the little neat cheeky life addition like bonfire astetic and powerstance or any else, but if your gameplay feel like shit it doesnt fucking matter it still shit.
>tfw you have better control in das3 below 10 fps compared to das2.
>>
>>338228017
DS3 left out a lot of spells, both from DS1 and DS2. For some grand reason, they left out things like Karmic Justice and made the Warmth pyromancy absolutely retarded.

>>338229095
Dark 2 did it right by making Attunement boost spellcasting speed. DS3 brought back that awful FTH/DEX crap from whence it came. At the same time, someone thought it would be a great idea to make Endurance give Lightning resistance. You just can't go wrong however with the Deep Protection Miracle/Blessed Weapon buffs, especially with either a Sharp Estoc or a Heavy Darksword.

>>338229629
The fact that you can't buff infused weapons with miracles/sorceries/pyromancy is incredibly stupid, and just kills off a ton of build variety right then and there.

>>338229719
The Final Boss wouldn't be such a pang if the whole game didn't feel pasted. I want an excuse to love DS3, but all of this CTRL+V shit is annoying, with the awful embers system and ganks on top of it.

Oh, and here's some deets on poise.
>Working as intended
>>
>>338227180
The interns or whoever comprised the "B-team" put a LOT more effort into balancing the PvP and getting the mechanics right and I applaud them for that much. The world design was shit but the DLCs kinda fixed that

Miyazaki can't balance for shit and I don't expect the DLCs to fix that.
>>
>>338230414
DS2 has some obvious flaws, but DS3 intentionally carries all of the retarded ones from DS1.

Also, Dark Souls 3 has awful optimization. I've been hearing it from too many people. I even had to go into its appdata files just so I can fix it to make fullscreen work.
DS2 has been pretty stable.
>>
>>338229719
>>338229794
Yeah the second phase is definitely Gwyn's moveset, I was just saying its not actually Gwyn. Besides the fight is supposed to be more symbolic rather than a difficult fight. desu I was pretty disappointed with how easy it was too, especially after fighting the hyphy ass nigga that is the Nameless King
>>
das2 have the worst fucking bosses of all series, the worst lore, the worst area, the worst connectivity, the worst control, and the worst atmosphere.
>b-b-but we have the best balance pvp and variety of build after like only 3 dlc and 1 remastered sotf.
you faggot are fucking pathetic picking on das3 flaws even though some of them were expected since fromsoft just cant do balancing right from the launch.
t.superior BBfag.
>>
File: 1461444486140.jpg (14 KB, 261x217) Image search: [Google]
1461444486140.jpg
14 KB, 261x217
>new game comes out
>THE PREVIOUS ONE WAS BETTER GUISE AM I COOL YET

I preordered that pile of steaming shit and that will haunt me forever. What a fucking garbage game, obviously a cashgrab made by the company to see how far their autistic fanbase will go to get some cred for playing their games.
From even went as far as saying they were grateful to western companies for showing them that you can milk your fanbase even more if you add pre order bonuses, season passes and that you can get away with releasing an HD version of the same game one year later for the same fucking price and people will still buy your shit.

The PvP was fucking terrible and the soul memory thing they added ruined the game entirely.
Anyone even remembers the shitty stagnated meta that dominated DaSII? You either invested in something other than Str/Dex or you weren't going to be able to accomplish much.

You're a fucking faggot OP. Fuck you and your stupid blatant hipster fanboyism.
>>
>>338231997
>>338230451
>>338229719
>>338228017
still better than the pile of shit nashandra and that another pile of goo aldia.
>>
I haven't played 3 yet, so I'm not going to comment on it, but so far 2 has proved to be enjoyable, just not better than 1.

It's got a lot of bullshit like not 1-shotting weak niggas and chunks being rare as all hell and since I want to play the game and not bellfag every five minutes most of my stuff is stuck in the +6-9 hell and not being able to run if you deplete your stamina. The bosses are usually pretty shit with some kind of inescapable fuck you attack which is thankfully telegraphed. A lot of the environment seems to have been designed emphasizing YOU DIED without feeling like the game really earned the kill.

Cool stuff includes rings having levels, titanite not being so rare that you can get at least one +10 fairly early and upgrade items being common enough, and it sure does have a lot of pretty armors and neat weapons. I haven't gotten too much use out of powerstancing outside of dual cestus for a fun duel with a friend but it seems like a neat concept. Really it's like some kind of bite-sized DS1, taking a lot of the concepts and squishing them down to a form that might be more manageable but less fulfilling.
>>
File: 1462360216164.jpg (167 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462360216164.jpg
167 KB, 724x1024
>>338227180
>ds2 being better than the game that cane after
But Bloodborne is a better game in almost every sense of the word. Only thing DS2 did better was weapon/armor variety and even that Id argue BB's weapons were more interesting
>>
>PVE
Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

>PVP
Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls = Dark Souls 3

I never really thought I'd see the day in which I'd say "I wish I was playing Dark Souls 2 right now". Dark Souls is definitely my favorite game, but I want some PVP fun right now, and Dark Souls 3 does not deliver while Dark Souls is dead.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.