[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will TF2 even compete? It won't even be that long before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ghg.png (547 KB, 959x583) Image search: [Google]
ghg.png
547 KB, 959x583
How will TF2 even compete? It won't even be that long before all the poors that play TF2 sell all their hats to buy a copy of Overwatch.
>>
>>338222707
Overwatch is 60 bucks. TF2 costs like 10 cents to get a premium account. TF2 runs on toasters and can be played for free, I don't think it's going to happen.

I honestly don't think there will be a significant impact on the TF2 playerbase as the games players are literally zombies at this point and many of the physics stuff in TF2 like rocket jumping, sticky jumping etc has not been acurately replicated in Overwatch. I feel like the TF2 skill ceiling is far higher and TF2 requires less teamwork.
>>
>>338222707
>he shills overwatch FOR FREE

what is wrong with you anon? People are allowed to like tf2 and dislike Overwatch.

We've done countless threads about why the people who dont like the game, dont like it. Why make bait threads like this? They serve no purpose.
>>
>>338222934
$40*

Overwatch also runs on toasters.
I would know.

t. toaster owner
>>
So the butt thing was all an elaborate successful viral marketing campaign right
>>
You can always tell how good a fanbase will be by how hard it is to cosplay the main characters
>>
>>338223005
It's 60 where I'm from, lots of the TF2 playerbase are still living at home with their parents in highschool - they're not about to spend 40 bucks.
>>
They can't buy Overwatch with steam currency they get from their hats, unless they want to get scammed.
>>
>>338223091
Yes. Look up viral marketing teams on linkedin. You'll find my group in the top 25
>>
Why should I buy Overwatch honestly? I can't stand fanservice, SJW pandering, a lack of singleplayer, a lack of modding, a lack of UI customization, and Blizzard being in charge of balance, whose incompetence makes 2016 Valve look like 2001 Nintendo.
>>
File: 1463555622575.gif (721 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1463555622575.gif
721 KB, 245x245
>>338223265
>lack of singleplayer

holy shit kill yourself

>he wants to play against bots

AHJAHA
>>
>>338223229
>>338223091
It's pretty brilliant they managed to figure out a way to keep people like this >>338223265
From playing
>>
>>338223091
it was a bunch of people getting all worked up over nothing, then declaring the game a victory when what blizzard said they would do at the start happened.

I don't think it's something you could predict.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.