[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Asian MMO out now? >Asian MMO >good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: booty-dance.png (362 KB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
booty-dance.png
362 KB, 540x320
What is the best Asian MMO out now?

>Asian MMO
>good

I know, but I actually enjoy them I just don't want to waste time grinding to max level and shit to find out which one is good. Give me your opinions.
>>
Every single MMO is shit right now Anon.
>>
>>338222139
Even Black Desert, the game a lot of people thought was the savior of action combat MMOs, flopped hard and apparently sucks shit.
The only MMO that looks good in the future is the one with more of an isometric view and action combat. I forget the name, but it looks like it could be 3D Dungeon Fighter.
>>
File: truskills.webm (2 MB, 852x532) Image search: [Google]
truskills.webm
2 MB, 852x532
tera is still fun and monster hunter is getting an eng patch soon so try that.
>>
>>338223249
Tree of Savior?
>>
>>338223756
No, it's full action combat, and it's not coming out for a while. I think it's actually called Lost Ark.
Tree of Savior is shit.
>>
File: 25.jpg (344 KB, 1280x1807) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
344 KB, 1280x1807
Beautiful creatures!
>>
>>338223480
Monster Hunter Online you mean? Is that pay per month? I guess better question is it any good.

As for OP I'm recently trying out Tree of Savior off and on. Nice looking but pretty basic (which is really better than "hey we stuffed 50 different mechanics we found into this game to add features").

Enjoyed Blade & Soul as well, though it's very basic outside combat, and very linear. If you like Hyung Tae Kim's artstyle its great.

I liked FF14 as well, but I always play solo so I coudln't really make it far into the story, which is what unlocks more content. Favourite crafting/gathering system I've seen in an MMO though. Also do love the art style and music.
>>
>>338221976
Game is meh but I'm surprised they actually made a little girl race and got away with it
>>
>>338221976
DFO but thats pretty much only if you like beat'em ups
>>
>ITT people that hates playing MMOs will say that any currenyt MMO is shit.
>>
File: 1.webm (3 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
3 MB, 640x400
>>338224327
they are shit but you can have fun with them
>>
Aside asian mmos, are there any good pvp mmos?
not looking for balance but some enjoyment.
>>
>>338221976
PSO2.
There's also:
BDO,
DDO,
BnS.
Mabinogi Heroes (the KR server needs VPN up at all times),
or Tera if you enjoy maximum pandering and mostly ugly lolis.
If you're into more obscure ones:
Kritika (high enough in Korean charts so it doesn't really lack players),
Soul Worker (not sure about this one, since the only server it has at the moment is JP, and I don't know where to look up Japanese MMO rankings).

Also Elsword, but it's dying, Closers, but it's dead, MHO, but it's Chinese and grindy as shit, and Revelation Online, but it's also Chinese and I'm not sure how dead or alive it is.
>>
>>338221976
People still play this game?
meaning do many people play
>>
File: This Kills The Espinas.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
This Kills The Espinas.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
>>338223986
MH Online is the F2P one, though technically still in beta so who know what will happen in the future especially considering it's from Tencent.

Monster Hunter Frontier is sub based, but also has 10 years of content patches to rest on.
>>
File: best girl.png (287 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
287 KB, 1600x1000
>>338225158
>Elsword, but it's dying
It was such a fun game too in its early time.
If only there was better class balance, way less p2w, and less repetitive pve endgame, it wouldn't be so shit
>>
>>338225158
>DDO
Play this if you're looking for an action-combat "MMO" with a decent amount of content and friends/other people. It's shit if you go through it by yourself, as pawns are braindead and games are generally better with friends anyway. If you don't, prepare to wail upon a monster for an hour, and for it to just be generally difficult.

I like it though, it's still fun to climb monsters and shit. There's also a pretty big grind, but due to the nature of the game (quests rotate), it's not as bad as it could be.
>>
Vindictus? It's not in the same way you're thinking of, but I think it's great

There was some one a while ago where you could be a mouse, by Aeria (?) Games I think. They have a couple of good ones they've had, I think.
>>
Phantasy Star Online 2
Monster Hunter Online
Monster Hunter Frontier
Dungeon Fighter Online
Final Fantasy 14

Pick whatever appeals to you the most.
>>
>>338225868
GrandChase was better before it changed ownership anyway.
>>
>>338221976
>MMO
i seriously hoped for ToS to be a savior of MMOs. I won't fall for this shit again, at least until VRMMOs.
>>
Is anyone else kind of excited for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HXSJ0niCQ
>>
>>338226750
I want to play it, honestly. I've been a fan of ARPGs, and this is pretty appealing.
>>
>>338225868
It's not exactly dead on KR (top 20, I think) but just if you're looking for meaningful content, look elsewhere.
>>
>>338223249
Gonna need the sources on that, chief
>>
>>338227867
Which part? I don't have anything source-wise on BD but I posted:
>>338226750
>>
any opinions on cosmic league?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.