[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actual gameplay content is coming up on BnW https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
Actual gameplay content is coming up on BnW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwRSpGEGhg

> Landmass the size of Skellige
> foliage and vegetation greatly improved and optimized
> better FPS
> mediterranean architecture
> home has stash
> you can show off your armor collection on stands
> buildings and items in your home give you buffs.
> you can sleep in a bed
> there is a stable for horse buffs
> you can get alchemy station
> you can upgrade your home (upgrades give better buffs)
> upgrades take time
> new armor tier (grandmaster)
> bonuses for full set
> new manticore armor (only 1 tier - grandmaster)
> armor dyes
> you can research mutations which give you powerful abilities
> probably you will not be able to get them in one playthrough (content for NG+)
> only 1 can be active at the time
> new UI
> custom map markers
> better sorting in inventory
> more info about you character

How do you feel about it? Is it worth the price?
>>
Does landmass the size of skellige mean if you took all the land of skellige and put it together, or does it mean the whole map of skellige including the water? Cause if its the former, then I'm a little disappointed but still happy.
>>
>>338221468
>> mediterranean architecture
TL: I've never been to Poland please rape my face
>>
>>338222087
CDP literally flew Let's Players to Italy for the event. It's not based on Poland mkay?
>>
So, the combat will still be easier than Assassin's creed?
>>
>>338221468
awww shit it's my nigger gopher
>>
>>338222332
>im retarded pls rape my face
>>
>>338221468
it's amazing that cdpr had 3 tries to make combat interesting and failed all of them
>>
>>338221912
Lot's of sites are reporting "All the islands of Skellige combined" so I'd guess it's the islands without water.
>>
Let's add a lot of unnecessary bullshit and keep the combat as shitty as it is right now
>>
>>338222435
>i've never been to poland myself but i saw that one photo therefore i know everything.
>>
So did anyone here actually read the books and enjoy them?
>>
>>338221468
does all of this stuff like better fps apply to the vanilla game as well?
>>
>>338223116
There is supposed to be an update for Vanilla when BnW drops, so I'd assume that FPS optimizations are going to be included in it.
>>
>>338222964
I've read them and loved them. I liked the short stories much more than the books that followed a semi-straight path. The short stories are so good everyone should read them regardless of how they view the witcher.
>>
>>338222383
>>338222451
>>338222771
>Muh combat

Find a new argument guys. There's no other rpg with better combat while maintaining a good story like the Witcher does.
>>
>>338222771
>let's keep complaining about a game i don't even play
>>
File: 1459804903380.jpg (213 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459804903380.jpg
213 KB, 1200x1200
Who do you want to invite to your guest house /v/?
>>
>>338223452
Zoltan and Roche
>>
File: droughts.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
droughts.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
>watching angry joe's 360 footage of his trip to the castle
>at the end he says that cdpr show him something cool but made him sign something promising he won't tell anyone what he saw
>MFW ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO WENT GOT TO SEE CYBERPUNK 2077 FOOTAGE
>>
>>338223452
Anna Henrietta while she complains about the smell and my house being dirty and then we make angry passionate love.
>>
File: disapproval.jpg (17 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
disapproval.jpg
17 KB, 267x200
>>338223661
That can't be true.
>>
>>338223452
Morvran
>>
>>338223452
Yen
>>
>>338223997
skip to the end of the angry joe footage man, he must've signed some kind of NDA, what else are cdpr going to show anyone? unless it's something witcher related yet unknown? i mean they've said B&W is the last geralt witcher game they're making and i can't see them making another witcher game until after cyberpunk
>>
>>338221468
So why does /v/ love this game but hate Skyrim? Is it the cinematic story?
>>
File: sftyry.gif (1 MB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
sftyry.gif
1 MB, 300x237
>>338224191
Maybe standalone gwent card game? Surely they wouldn't show some random people fucking CP.
>>
>>338224274
stop spouting shit you don't even know the meaning
>>
>>338223775
Dandelion and Geralt are taking their Bromance even further as they now become Eskimo brothers.

Anyways all I know at the moment is that you can invite Yen or Triss. Probably some others.
>>
>>338224274
Better story, characters, world and gameplay
>b-but muh combat
Comparing to Soulsborne games, Witche games have bad combat. Both still shit on Elder Scrolls tho.
>>
>>338223263
that would be fucking rad
>>
File: 1431190557387.png (1 MB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1431190557387.png
1 MB, 680x497
>>338221468
>> home has stash
>> you can show off your armor collection on stands
>> buildings and items in your home give you buffs.
>> you can sleep in a bed
>> there is a stable for horse buffs
>> you can get alchemy station
>> you can upgrade your home (upgrades give better buffs)
>> upgrades take time
>> new armor tier (grandmaster)
>> bonuses for full set
>> new manticore armor (only 1 tier - grandmaster)
>> armor dyes
>> you can research mutations which give you powerful abilities
>> probably you will not be able to get them in one playthrough (content for NG+)
if any of this carries over to vanilla that will make this the comfiest game of all time
>>
>>338223264
I'm almost done the audiobook for the last wish and it's been really good although it's my first ever audiobook. It's actually really nice listening to it while driving long distances
>>
>>338225213
Is it possible for them to port it over to the main game? If so fucking multiple replays are on the way
>>
>>338224865
So, the story then?

I just don't get why this game gets so much praise when it offends in many of the same areas Skyrim did, worse in some cases. The open world is bland and empty and filled with the same repetitive landmarks and quests, the combat is extremely shallow but also lacks the weapon/equipment variety Skyrim has, quests often boil down to the same "Go here, get/kill [X]" with a "GO THIS WAY" indicator, and the role-playing is weaker as there's little room to actually role-play since you're always a voiced Geralt. I'd argue Skyrim told its story in a more engaging way even if the story itself was worse, it doesn't pull you out of the game with cutscenes and has dialogue happen around you.

They're both bland open-world games with piss-poor gameplay, but Skyrim at least offers more replayability and diversity. The areas Wicther bests it in are generally related to its presentation, which has little to do with gameplay and flies right in the face of the "Gameplay first, story/presentation second" mindset most of the one person that is /v/ will adhere to when it comes to games that aren't Witcher.

I'm just a little confused, I played both and I have no desire to replay Wicther due to the above but I'll probably pick up modded Skyrim again simply because there's a little more replay value and I can get a much more dissimilar experience between plays than I do with Witcher games.
>>
>>338225368
>>338225213

Your home is located in Toussaint so I doubt that you can use anything related to it without the expansion.

Armors and mutations however could work (these will probably need components from new mobs tho)
>>
>>338225303
I used to listen to audio book while delivering pizza

a part of me wishes I had a longer commutes so I could enjoy them again
>>338225368
well, it'd mean adding new content to it. for armor dyes, set bonuses, mutations, and sleeping bonuses and buffs that would involve reworking and adding to a lot of vanilla content.
>>
Can I start playing witcher now and then enjoy the addition later? Or should I just wait?
>>
>>338225526
That's awesome. Your opinions have greatly influenced me and I will from now on look at Skyrims amazing world, quest design and stories from the new enlightened perspective. Now please leave.
>>
>>338225526
>bland and empty and filled with the same repetitive landmarks and quests
no
>also lacks the weapon/equipment variety Skyrim has
skyrim has literally two combat options: ranged lmb mashing and melee lmb mashing
>quests often boil down to the same "Go here, get/kill [X]" with a "GO THIS WAY" indicator
almost every side quest has an interesting story to it, and many contracts and side quests featuring new monster types are fantastic
>role-playing is weaker as there's little room to actually role-play since you're always a voiced Geralt
meaningless and objectively wrong criticism
>Skyrim told its story in a more engaging way
jesus christ

I bet you didn't even get out of White Orchard
>>
>>338225526
skyrim doesn't have replay value at all, it doesn't even have play value, it's boring shit about as shallow as a puddle on a sunny day

and you are shit too for defending it, don't even reply to this post you fucking shitstain
>>
File: gotone.png (48 KB, 624x626) Image search: [Google]
gotone.png
48 KB, 624x626
>>338226035
>>338225784
>>
>>338225526
>The open world is bland and empty

Fuck off you casual

No other game has the depth and detail that The witcher games have.
>>
>>338225526
>if i cant self insert its not an rpg
>>
>>338226876
>Voiced protagonist with a set backstory, personality and goals
What role, exactly, are you playing here? This is no different than Fallout 4 and its voiced protagonist everyone shat on left and right. In fact its worse, in Fallout you still have a little more freedom with the character and the gameplay.

By your logic any Mario game is an RPG because you play the role of Mario. You're always Geralt in Wicther. In TES and other RPGs with self-inserts or customizable PCs, you can be any race (where applicable) with any sort of backstory or personality you want to slap on them. Wicther also has pretty shallow combat, like Skyrim, but there's a lot less diversity and consequently less room to role-play in that area as well.
>>
>>338227285
>If I take an RPG with a character creation and download a premade character from the internet it literally stops being an RPG.

That's not how it works my friend.
>>
>>338227601
But you're still role-playing there. You CHOSE to play that role, the game didn't decide for you.

And yes, newer FF games aren't good RPGs for a lot of the same reasons either before you resort to that.
>>
>>338227285
Also saying the "You're just Geralt" is the most retarded thing ever. You can be non-human hating or loving Geralt, you can be Triss-fag or Yen-fag, you can be moralist or dont give a fuck type. It's not on Planescape Torment or original Fallouts level, but it's still there.
>>
>>338227806
>You CHOSE to play that role, the game didn't decide for you.
What exactly did you expect from the game literally called "The Witcher"? You chose to play that role the moment you bought the game. Also no, from pure story perspective you are legendary hero dragonborn that was sentenced to death, but managed to escape. Every, single, time.
>>
>>338227285
>By your logic any Mario game is an RPG because you play the role of Mario.

What choices in Super Mario Brothers you can make do define what character you are.
>>
>>338225584
I recently found out that the polish audio version of the Witcher books is basically a play and is filled with a large cast of voice actors, sounds and even music, Sounds pretty legit.
>>
>>338229928
that's fucking sweet; too bad I don't know Polish
>>
I started a new game of TW3 so I could play through the expansions. Accidentally deleted my file and started over 30 hours in. Now I'm finishing up Skellige (still haven't done novigrad) and I'm burnt the fuck out. The expansion looks great but I can't be bothered playing the Witcher even if it's new content.
>>
>>338226546
Elder scrolls arena has more depth
>>
>>338221468
Interesting if includes PS4/Xbone -

> foliage and vegetation greatly improved and optimized
> better FPS
>>
>>338228521
well there's a mod that adds three other starting plots
>>
>>338232342
You must love the internet. In the real world this is the part where your skull gets bashed in.
>>
>>338221468
>More content than most games released at $60
>Is it worth the ~$20?
>>
>>338225526
>bland and empty

bland and empty describe my opinion of most things in nearly every video game after I've spent 100+ hours in them already

The initial awe wears off, but it's great while it lasts. Are you complaining that a game has a finite amount of interesting places to discover? I don't think there has ever been an open world RPG with interesting landmarks after having played for nearly 100 hours. You eventually 'get' the schtick the game is trying to pull, like how every PoI in skyrim is either a bandit camp or cave full of draugr. It's just not feasible to create a /v/ autist's ideal video game.
>>
>>338224583
this makes the most sense. I am interested to see how CDPR would make gwent pvp work in the real world, though. They'll have to drastically increase the number of cards available and add tons more rules to make it a viable PVP card game
>>
>arguing about witcher being RPG because you only play as geralt
>arguing the combat is shit or just average and playable
>waifufags
>frog prince is too hard
>open world is shit compared to the linearity of previous games

did i miss anything out
>>
>>338237489
>*game* is a much better RPG.

Other than that I think you got it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.