[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Arkham games remastered Holy shit I can't be the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>Arkham games remastered

Holy shit I can't be the only one hyped about this. Some of the best games last gen.
>>
what is there to "remaster?"
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
I'm a console fag, and this is too much
>>
I really hope you are.
>>
>>338220830
This. Why is this anything to be excited about?
>>
They should have included Origins
>>
>>338220779
I already own them, so why should I be hype?
>>
>>338220830
Unreal 4, apparently
>>
I still own the "old" versions though.

I'm so tired of this trend of porting a game one gen back and calling it a remaster.

Where's my FFXII hd though?
>>
>>338221129
Wow, so the exact same games, in the same resolution, with slightly better lighting and no texture pop-in. Truly an idea for the ages.
>>
As a massive Batman fag, I'm excited.

Although I have to admit that unless you absolutely loved them there's no real reason to buy this.
>>
>>338221262

Still not that bad compared to The Last of Us on PS4, which changed literally nothing except the platform.
>>
>>338221262
The lighting could be really, really bad at times though. Especially in City.
>>
>>338221374
That actually did change the resolution and framerate though. If it was a PC game there would be no reason for it to exist but since it was a console exclusive I don't hate the idea of playing in a resolution that's acceptable in this decade.
>>
>two games that are constantly on sale for 5 dollars each that nowadays you can easily crank up to 4k on mediocre hardware
>"remastered" and in new box that will probably be 39.99
>>
File: 1415688435169.png (18 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1415688435169.png
18 KB, 360x360
>>338220779

...the oldest game in the series ISN'T EVEN FUCKING OLD.

Fuck off with this money-grubbing shit, you shill.
>>
>>338221740
$50
>>
>>338221893
Asylum came out 7 years ago.

>everyone who isnt shitting on games is a shill
>>
>>338222018
It's not about shitting on games, familia. It's about shitting on bad business practices. The effort these fucks putting into "remastering" the same game could be going to giving us fucking batman beyond Arkham game or something, fuck, at this point why not make more DLC for Arkham knight and keep the story going?

You can't tell me you don't agree
>>
I'll pass. They're a one play through thing for me.

Nothing to be excited about.
>>
>>338222191
>why not make more DLC for Arkham knight

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on /v/.
>>
>>338222191
The point was calling someone a shill because they were saying something positive, senpai.
>>
File: 1461732086874.png (114 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1461732086874.png
114 KB, 500x387
>>338220779
>consoles need 'remaster'
>still runs and looks worse than originals on PC
>>
>>338221374
Frame rate, resolution, better shadows. Still had based Multiplayer, included all the DLC as well as a new mode of play as well and it was retailed cheaper than a standard game. It was a great deal...and I got it FOR FREE.
>>
>>338221262

This is literally the graphical leap from last gen to current in a nutshell.
>>
>>338221021
>>338221120
It's for people who don't own or sold their last gen consoles, since universal backwards compatibility hit the dust. This is the shitty greed corporate solution, but it's kinda nice to be able to play these games on current gen consoles.
>>
Why is remastering games the new popular thing? It's fucking pointless most of the time.
>>
I love these games but the fact that they just have the games running at a higher rez/maybe better textures/better engine doesn't justify a purchase maybe for consoles they do but the PC versions of asylum/city still hold up to this day.
>>
>>338222741
No bc
>>
>>338222741
Money and greed. The assets just need HD upscaling and a little tweaking, but you can sell it as a full priced game. People buy them because >>338222679
>>
>>338222425
You're forgetting how fucking dreadful Knight ran on PC though, so much that it had to be delayed.

That's a fair trade off; it ran and looked great on console.
>>
>>338222679
>It's for people who don't own or sold their last gen consoles, since universal backwards compatibility hit the dust
No, it's to milk them for more money. If the consoles had actual backward compatibility, then publishers couldn't shit out HD remaster after HD remaster to pad out the piss-poor libraries both PS4 and Xbone have. BC was left out just so they could re-sell 360/PS3 games.

I fucking HATE the apologist morons who spout off
>B-b-but it's for people who didn't own 360/PS3!
Actual BC would accomplish the same thing and wouldn't cost fucking $60 a pop, it would be much, much better for those same people if the consoles were just BC. Fuck, I might actually own a PS4 if it played PS3 games as I don't have one and there'd be at least a dozen PS3 exclusives I could enjoy after I finished Bloodborne and had no more PS4 games to play.
>>
>>338223278
I fucking said it was the shitty and greedy solution. How is that "apologist"?
I'm just stating the market for this shit.
>>
>>338223145
>it ran and looked great on console.
But it didn't? It still looked like any other PC game on low settings and ran at 30fps with constant drops.

A badly-optimized PC game still runs and looks significantly better than the console version 99% of the time, so even if AK was the exception it was simply a port beyond any previously seen levels of poor optimization. No other game in recent memory had been that bad. Maybe MKX but that eventually got fixed, kind of, AK is still a broken piece of shit and they'll never bother to fix it.
>>
>>338220779
I don't understand the hype behind these games. I forced myself to beat Arkham Asylum and I tried Arkham City but the shitty open world brings absolutely nothing new so I uninstalled around the 4th mission. I'm not shitposting, I genuinely wonder what their appeal is.
>>
>>338223478
I wasn't directing that at you, just making a general statement agreeing with you.
>>
>>338222741
>Why is remastering games the new popular thing?

because video game industry is ran the same way as movies. spend huge amounts of money on hype and advertising, put on "awards" shows, red carpet launch parties, 'remaster' things to make consumers double or as rockstar pulled it off: triple dip, big collector editions on home releases with shitty statues and box full of trash, game production itself has been infiltrated by failed directors for years making movie games, etc. etc.
>>
>>338223579
Oh sorry, I didn't read clearly enough then. I guess I'm just automatically in defense mode because the majority of responses are insults around here.
>>
>>338223278
>>338222870
It's definitely greed. These are quick cash in for people who don't want to plug in their PS3s or think they'll actually get something new out of this.

Still, even knowing this, it's a great thing for people who were huge fans of the originals and just want an updated look to some of their favourite games.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.