[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne feels like an hardcore version of Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 25
File: Bloodborne.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
I've finally gotten around to playing this game, and everything about it screams it's a game meant for people who thought Dark Souls was too easy:

1) No shields (ok there is one, but it is practically useless)

2) No spells/ranged weapons (guns are only good in low to mid ranges, and the ammo is expensive).

3) no regenerating healing items - there are no estus flasks here - if you run out of healing items - no bonfire will save you here.

I'm not complaining or anything, I just find it strange no one ever mentions those points when talking about BB.
>>
File: 1447625512859.png (156 KB, 451x387) Image search: [Google]
1447625512859.png
156 KB, 451x387
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221429

GO

AWAY

NEOGAF
>>
>an hardcore
>an

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>338216909
Maybe it's like an hero.
>>
>>338215974
I haven't played any previous Dank Souls, and I'm struggling with Bloodborne (getting my ass kicked by the allegedly easy blood starved beast) but don't worry about running out of blood vials long term. You'll start getting a shitload of them and any you collect over the max of 20 are automatically stored in the chest in the hunter's dream. If that's what you meant, anyway. I think that's what you meant.
>>
You have to remember that half of /v/ has never played it or never will either do to lack of finances or an irrational hate/fear of consoles. For a board thtas meant for disscussion about videogames /v/ is a cesspool of shit posting. But enough of that what was your favorite boss OP? Did you get The Old Hunters Expansion yet?
>>
literally neogaf
>>
>>338216094
>>338217480
At least those assholes can actually dicuss FUCKING VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>338215974
That means nothing to me. I play dank souls with no shields or spells anyway. And estus isn't all that great anyway. I've played BB and it's pretty much the same as dank souls for me. Just don't be a pussy when you're dankin it up nigga.
>>
>>338215974
topkek, even neogaf is tearing its "difficulty" a new one.

DLC is another story though.
>>
>>338217390
hey shut the fuck up consoles are COMPLETE TRASH.
>>
File: 1451502741095.jpg (31 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
1451502741095.jpg
31 KB, 638x540
>>338216094
>even Neogaf thinks its easier

>>338215974
OP your second point is entirely wrong and on top of that none of those three reasons are why Bloodborne feels harder to some. The damage in BB is through the roof because From obviously had to compensate for the health regen on attack mechanic.There's not that many things in Souls that take even half of your health but a big boss like Ludwig, Ebrietas, Paarl if you fight it at the appropriate level will take either 80 percent of your health or straight up one shot you with a body slam/drop. I mean fuck even a joke boss like Micolash has a move that will one shot you if you let him actually do it.
>>
>>338217905
If you dont have access to every game available then you're opinion means nothing.
>>
>>338215974
Bloodborne isn't any harder than Dark Souls, unless you try and play Bloodborne like Dark Souls.

The trick is to go apeshit on the bosses. There are a few exceptions, like Rom, but that's a good rule to follow.
>>
>>338215974
>3) no regenerating healing items - there are no estus flasks here - if you run out of healing items - no bonfire will save you here.

to be honest I see no reason why blood vials shouldn't restore to 20 every time you go to the Hunter's Dream.

it's not like farming them up is hard, it's just a pointless extra step to the gameplay that doesn't need to exist.
>>
>>338217324
U wot m8, I just conquered bloodborne a few days ago, dlc included and I had no idea that things were being sent to my storage box? I just assumed it meant they were being discarded when you're at max. Shit!
>>
>>338215974
But rolls/step is easier than blocking

Blocking is encumbersome, takes up stats and can still get you chip damage.

Also grass/vial system is silly
>>
>>338217324
Hug the left side, then when it starts charging up the poison cloud mode, do a charged R2 attack in its ass then R1 it for a riposte.

A +3 weapon and fire paper will destroy BSB super fast.
>>
>>338215974
>The i-frames are more tolerant
>If you've played without your shield in previous souls and 3, it seems not that spectacular nor hard
>Bosses have huge HP pools for no reason if not that a Soul boss healthbar would have made the game too easy
>You HAVE TO farm the blood vials, instead of having maybe 10 every time you respawn which considerably break the pace of the game

A no shield roll only playthrough on DS3 is legitly harder.
>>
File: truth.jpg (451 KB, 772x663) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
451 KB, 772x663
daily reminder
>>
Point three is dumb. It doesn't add any difficulty to the game because you can just warp out and farm some more. It just adds grinding to the game.
>>
>>338219619
>huge HP pools

Please. After playing this and DS3 simultaneously, BB bosses go down way easier.
>>
BB is pretty hard at the start because you have no HP but honestly after Amelia it just got easier and easier for me besides chalice dungeon bosses and DLC.

DS2 was overall harder, and even that got easier after the first few areas and as you leveled up.
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 499x239) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28 KB, 499x239
>an hardcore
>>
>>338219207
Yeah bro that's why they refill to 20 when you go back to the hunter's dream. They're coming out of storage.
>>338219553
>riposte
Wut? R2 and then R1 does something special?

I have the +3 axe and I also have fire paper but the only thing getting destroyed super fast is my ass.
>>
>>338219553
Also why hug the left side? What's the reasoning there? I figured out in the open was best so I could dodge more easily?
>>
File: 1398727421707.png (95 KB, 353x381) Image search: [Google]
1398727421707.png
95 KB, 353x381
>>338219726
>PC fags lower than Ouya

How? Also everyone knows Sonyggers are the worst. It's as common as the sky being blue.
>>
>>338219726
>Nintendobabies
That's not even right.
>>
>>338219726
I like nintenyearolds better
>>
>>338220065
A charged R2 to something's back sets it up for a backstab.
>>
>>338220369
...No fucking shit? I had no idea. I've been bringing Alfred in there with me so hitting him from behind is easy as long as he stays alive. And yeah I know, major insight drain but at least he's a distraction. And I haven't figured out what else to buy with that shit anyway so whatever.
>>
>>338220065
If you charge your R2 attack, it has a chance to stagger certain bosses if you hit them from behind/weak spot, the R1 is a follow up to do a visceral attack.
>>
>>338219726
>implying xbox fans are a thing that exist on /v/
>>
>>338220065
A fully charged R2 attack in the back of a humanoid enemy will made it fall over and then you can move next to the enemy and press R1 for a visceral attack that does a ton of damage, though not as much as a gun parry then visceral.

Similary some big bosses when hit enough in a weak point like the head will fall over and can be visceral'd.

>>338220157
If you sit there, most attacks will go over your head and you can just mash R1 to destroy his healthbar.
Some souls bosses are like that, where it's more dangerous to run away than to hug.
>>
>>338217628
When they're not in the middle of shilling, SWJing or literally talking about their hormone treatment.
>>
I genuinely thought BB was easier than any Souls game. Seriously.

The only boss in the DLC that killed me was Ludwig, and even then I got him after two tries. Das3 was a significantly more challenging game.
>>
>>338220607
Wait you can seriously just sit there and cheese R1 on a BB boss?
>>
>>338215974
>1) No shields (ok there is one, but it is practically useless)
You have a fucking ranged shield. You can parry people from the other side of a room.

2) No spells/ranged weapons (guns are only good in low to mid ranges, and the ammo is expensive).
OK, maybe magic is a bit less of an easy mode.

>3) no regenerating healing items - there are no estus flasks here - if you run out of healing items - no bonfire will save you here.
Enemies drop healing items mid-level.
>>
>>338221097
I found Das3 to be an absolute cakewalk. I only died to oceiros, twink princes, king of the storm and soul of cinder, and only the latter 2 more than once.

Meanwhile, I'd easily rank BB as the hardest game in the series.

Opinions
>>
>>338217324
I actually ran out of blood vials fairly often on my first playthrough.
Not that I minded really, I enjoyed farming them in central yharnam. It was some nice downtime, also good opportunity to try out other weapons to decide which other characters I'd end up making.
>>
File: 1462992440854.jpg (253 KB, 1000x806) Image search: [Google]
1462992440854.jpg
253 KB, 1000x806
>>338215974
>Shields aren't needed because you can always fast roll and dodging is much easier than using a shield
>Tool items that basically act as spells, guns can parry enemies, bullets are easy to get in bulk
>You can regain lost health by attacking, use blood rapture to get even more health with ripostes if you use the blood rapture rune
>Blood vials can be looted mid-level and you can always restock by warping to Hunter's dream and back. Sure, it respawns enemies, but so does using bonfires in Dark Souls.
>>
>>338220542
High insight gives a few enemies some new moves and when it peaks over 40 you can see some eldricht horrors around Yharnham that were invisible earlier. You can also spend insight on online stuff, or some armor and items in Hunters Dream in the designated insight shop.
>>
whats the best bullet/vial farm
is it just to straight up buy them
>>
>>338215974
>2) No spells/ranged weapons (guns are only good in low to mid ranges, and the ammo is expensive).
Hunter tools are great but you don't get good ones until the second half of the game
>>
To me it felt like it was getting borderline Devil May Cry
>>
>>338220607
Once this faggot gets to around 1/3 health I can't even get away from him for long enough to use a blood vial.
>>
>>338215974
>speedy speedy bloodvials of which you have entirely too many
>ranged parry that also initiates viscerals
>character always has lifesteal
>Harder
Naaaah.
>>
>>338223082
>I didn't play it
>>
File: pthumerian descendant death.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pthumerian descendant death.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>338223082
There are actually enemies that you cannot use rally against, and there are many bosses where rally simply isn't feasible.
>>
>>338223413
Even if that were true, all points stand. Care to take another swing, tiger?
>>
>>338223082
>>338223578
My bad, edit:
>character almost always effectively has lifesteal
>>
File: defiled hotdog a call beyond.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled hotdog a call beyond.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>338223082
You also can't parry every boss, in fact many bosses cannot be parried
>>338222796
>>
File: rom spider stunlock.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rom spider stunlock.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>338223725
It's not almost always available, there are many instances where rally is effectively unavailable, or you simply cannot restore nearly the amount of health that was lost.
>>
Who fucking gives a shit which one is harder? It doesn't make it better. I would say DS2 was the hardest just because of how awful it felt to control the character.
>>
>>338215974
>Insane iframes on rolls
>Rolls cost no stamina
>Little punishment for missed attacks/mistimed heals
>Ranged parry/stagger
>Little equipment/build diversity
>Regenerate health on-hit without taking an equip slot
>Shorter, more linear
>Better than Dark Souls
Oh boy, I chuckled.
>>
>no spells/ranged weapons
Play the game before forming an opinion, buttbaby cancer.
>>
File: queen yharnam crying.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
queen yharnam crying.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>338219726
>nintendrones not second
>Nintendrones NOT fucking second
pfHAHAHHAHAHA
This cannot be real
>>
>>338222947
He runs away to charge his poison away, just follow him and backstab him and he'll die before he can do anything.
>>
>>338221269
You can sit there for 7-8 hits with a saw cleaver on a few bosses, yeah, but you have to know their movesets well.
>>
>>338224285
>literally artificial difficulty
>>
>>338221065
Some discussion is better than none at all.
>>
Best souls game.

almost makes me not regret the ugly brick now sitting next to me.
>>
>>338222665
Old yharnam kill the wolves and the wheelchair guy
>>
>>338224724
Where's the artificial part?
>>
in late game, vial become no issue. Takes couple of minutes to get 600 vials.
>>
File: loran co-op missed jump.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
loran co-op missed jump.webm
3 MB, 720x404
It's a recurring glitch related to network issues but yeah, it's bullshit when it happens
>>
>>338225015
Honestly I hope they don't completely abandon the idea of randomly generated dungeons.

They were shit in execution but the idea still has potential.
If they do it better it could be absolutely amazing.
>>
File: abhorrent beast darksky.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abhorrent beast darksky.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>338224724
meant to reply to this but it's artificial difficulty as it's a glitch that occurs when playing online, the crying never stops

it does not happen every time you play online
>>338224979
>>
>>338219726

>ouya
>fanbase

top jej
>>
>>338222665
Go to central yharnam. Go down the shutcut and kill the two big guys. Go through the shortcut house up to the bridge, killing everything in the house and on the bridge. Continue down the way you originally got to the bridge, past the pack of hunters and dogs, and kill the big guy there.

That's pretty much it. Either let yourself die, or continue down the road you originally came from, killing all the hunterpeasants on the way, will net you a couple more vials and bullets.

This is mainly for blood vials mind you, not bullets, though you do get some spares here.
>>
>>338219726
It proves PCucks are the most people here.

also no way nintendo isn't the worst group here.
>>
File: blades in loran.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blades in loran.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>338225156
I liked the chalice dungeons, I just think they shouldn't have locked the best gems behind FRC dungeons
>>
>>338225462
I hate farming for random stats.
Maybe if they made the values fixed on gems that would be enough to not make it absolute japanese grind cancer.

I think they should've fixed invasions and helping. Make a generic way to put you in a queue for invading and helping.

I think they fixed giving you the glass chalice earlier that was a good idea.
If I make a sinister(I think that what was it called) chalice I want to get invaded non stop.
>>
>>338225156
Agreed. I'm really hoping they make a Bloodborne 2 or implement they idea in a future title.

Even then, I don't think the dungeons were half bad in Bloodborne. They felt like they went on forever, the environements rarely varied, and some of the "bosses" were just plain worthless, but I found it fun nonetheless. I did stop playing as soon as I got the platinum trophy though so maybe that wasn't the intention.
>>
Is strength build actually viable? I was planning to go strength or quality build for first playthrough but the gameplay seems to favor speed. I'm currently using the saw spear, try to change to kirkhammer but it's really not working out. Also should I give a fuck about Arcane?
>>
>>338225826
I don't want a bloodborne 2.
Spiritual sequels all the way.

My main problem with the dungeons was just that after a single one on each level I felt like I have seen 99% of it.
But some of the bosses were great.
Those were a shame to be locked inside there.
>>
>>338225967
Kirkhammer is all about positioning.

It has the sweet spot damage.
Don't hit people with the stick. Hit them with the brick.
>>
>>338225198
I'm not entirely sure that's true. I just backed off until the baby stopped crying before attacking her. It seemed to work just fine. Granted, I died about ten times before I figured that out but once I did, the first phase went just fine.

If anything, Amygdala in the dungeons was way harder. It's attack power is so much so that I couldn't survive more than two hits, period. Some attacks were just plain one shot kills. I finally did but holy fucking shit, it felt way harder than it needed to be.
>>
>>338225987
Personally, I would prefer something along the lines of Bloodborne but with more depth in the sense of weight allocation, more powerful magic, and more stats to level up. Bloodborne just felt like an overly simplified Dark Souls. Once I got used to not having a shield, it was much easier than any of the Souls games.

But that being said, I still think a direct Bloodborne 2 would be cool. I feel like there's a lot that can be done with that world and it's a setting I'd like to revisit. Of course, a whole new setting and story altogether would be great too.
>>
So all you fags who beat this, how many of you solo'd every boss and how many of you called in pals?
>>
>>338226673
Always solo every boss on first playthrough
>>
>>338226828
Still getting my ass kicked by the BSB, that's why I asked. I had to put that shit down for a bit.
>>
>>338226928
Nothing wrong with failing as long as you keep trying. You will feel nothing if you summon and beat it.

And yeah sometimes just trying it later a little bit calmer and you beat it first try.
>>
Has there ever been a more well-designed area than Central Yharnam?
>>
>>338227041
I'm mostly all good in this one until, like bosses seem to in this game, he speeds up and gets more aggressive around 1/3 health. Although I got him to within a cunt hair of death twice. Like, I couldn't even see color in his health bar, but he wasn't dead. I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I do seem to have trouble staying calm, especially if I've tried a fight several times.
>>
>>338215974
There are two shields
>>
>>338227210
You can't just hide behind them though
Also there is no poise so you can't just equip heavy armor and facetank bosses.

You could really cheese shit in Dark Souls 1 and ruin it for yourself.
>>
>>338225967
Yeah, kirkhammer is decent and blunt gems are easy to get and 50/25 saw cleaver is great
>>
>>338215974
>2) No spells/ranged weapons (guns are only good in low to mid ranges, and the ammo is expensive).
Both of these are bullshit. There are many spells and a few viable ranged weapons if you build for them (simon's memeblade, evelyn, cannon with BT builds).

You regenerate health through damage and visceral attacks (with appropriate runes)
>>
>>338222665
Kill all of the slime student things on the bottom floor of the lecture building. With a blood echo rune you get enough echoes to buy 20 flasks in like 2 minutes. The also drop bullets.
>>
>>338227174
I assume you're talking about blood starved beast. It's literally a parry tutorial
>>
>>338227880
Can you parry all of his shit though? I can parry the attack where he swipes with his arm most of the time but his other shit? If it can be parried when do you shoot?
>>
>>338226667
But magic in BB already shits on magic in das3. What more do you want?
>>
It was easier for me to get the platinium .

But I think is because of better gameplay than dark souls

Soundtrack is also superior
>>
>>338227963
As far as I'm aware. His dash swipe can be a pain. If you stay close all he does is try for the grab and the 3 hit combo. Both of which are easily parried. I ended up doing the chalice version with no vials or antidotes because I thought it was 3 fatties on that floor. All I did was parry.
>>
>>338219726
All this shows is that the majority of this board is pcfats
>>
>>338215974
I actually had a much easier time with this game out of any other soul series

Havent bothered picking up Old Hunters DLC so Ill not include that, but the sub 30fps made everything seem to move painfully slow and it felt like I had a ridiculous amount of i-frames when dodging.

Who gives a shit if you have no shields when its piss easy to visceral bosses? I had martyr loghain visceral locked for 4/5 of his health before just killing him normally
>>
>>338228326
and that the majority of sony posters are shitposting cunts.
>>
>>338228538
>as he shitposts in a thread for a Sony exclusive
>>
>>338222665
Loran chalice will shit out so many souls you stop thinking about losing 100k+ when in other souls games you only do that once you're somewhat through NG+
>>
>>338228678
Its not shitposting to state the truth.

And I do own a PS4 and Bloodborne. Its possible to own the console and give criticism to it.
>>
>>338228194
Fucking got him! And kinda kicked his ass, too. Just realized I never even tried molotovs on him. So once he started going nuts, I unloaded those....done.
>>
>>338228978
As a fellow beginner I was going to recommend molotovs but was afraid you were going to go muh honorable fights on me.
>>
>>338215974
Whats with this stupid ass meme posting i see in this thread. Okay listen up you little shits. Bloodborne is harder then the previous games.

Literally 40 percent of all players never beat Papa G. They quit and said fuck this game cant do it its beating my ass. Literally the first story boss. 50 percent of everyone else quits at fucking Vicar Amelia the second Boss of the fucking game. How do i know this?

Because you get trophies for beating bosses. From the moment you download the game it counts you. And the 2 or so million people who bought the game 800,000 basically said well fuck Papa G.

I platinumed the game and the DLC and went shit cant be that hard right just follow /v/ advice of going crazy.

Nah you get your ass beat if your careless this isnt Devil May Cry on easy. And when you lose in the early game before the foribedn woods is unlocked your basically forced to farm Central Yharnm for blood vials off bodies not. buy them with echoes because you make shit money and cant buy them with the kills you make.

On my new character I beat Cleric Beast, Papa G, Bloodstarved Beast went to fight Amelia 3 times got beat up lost all my bloodvials had to farm 3 times at level 30 and said fuck it i dont care. I already platinimed this game i dont care.

The game is fucking brutal until you unlock Foriben Woods and actually start making good money per kill.

If you think bloodborne is easy cause of guns..... LOL. They do shit damage and only work when timed to parry.

Eveyln/Chikage Builds Might be OP but good luck getting to that point because its a pain. And dont forget the Chalice Dungeons that make level 120 characters fucking suffer ugh
>>
>>338229203
Haha nah, bro, I used them on Gascoigne's beast form as well. When the enemy can take over half your health and poison you with one attack, I find no dishonor in using fire.
>>
>>338228538
No, it shows that you losers gang up like Detroit's finest tar babies against anyone you perceive as a threat to your PC hugbox
>>
>>338229203
Honorable fights are for the non-flammable
>>
>>338229307
You shouldn't be farming if you got the plat..
>>
>>338215974
Wait people think Bloodborne is the hardest game?
If you learn the dash you can beat the game easily.
Casualborne don't have weight. That alone makes the game more easy.
>>
>>338229518
I made a new character. That wasnt clear sorry. But my points still stands
>>
>neogaf

Not even once.
>>
>>338229203
So, I hesitate to ask because I feel like it should be fucking obvious, but what do I do after killing the BSB? I have this chalice but chalice dungeons are their own contained things to do with bros, right? That doesn't have anything to do with my way forward? Then this room itself looks like a dead end.
>>
File: funandgames.png (8 KB, 756x79) Image search: [Google]
funandgames.png
8 KB, 756x79
>>
>>338229548
Well armour does literally nothing in das3 so what's the difference?
>>
>>338215974
>be shit at parrying like I am
>forced to get fucking good in BB since there is cheap alternative to parrying
>platinum the game even though I am shit at it
>still die a minimum of 5+ times each time I take on BSB
>play DaS games
>not forced to get better due to shields
>only effort the games take to platinum is covenant retardation
People will act as if attacks healing yourself makes up for jack shit, when those attacks barely heal you that much, and force you to play aggressive which usually means getting hit again.
>>
>>338229548
How retarded logic is that.....

>hur the game has a shoot button if you learn how to shoot youll easily beat the game.

Do you think everyones a retard and didnt struggle for a reason? The games tough actually play it and try to beat it. Im sure you can it just wont be easy dodging though
>>
>>338229876
It is but you opened a path from chapel. Next stop is Amelia in the cathedral.
>>
>>338230071
Ah. Not obvious after all then, thanks. (or should it have been?)
>>
>>338230038
Either I'm god-tier player or it's nit nearly as hard as you make out. My gf has soloed everything up to maria.
>>
>>338230000
>since there is no cheap
>>
>>338229307
Maybe people downloaded the game but it just sits in their backlog? This in itself doesn't indicate that people give up because the game's hard. I give up on a lot of ubishit open world games after only about 30 minutes too because I just can't be bothered anymore.
>>
>>338229548
Well yeah that makes it objectively harder.
>if you learn the dash

You don't even have to dash in souls.
Outside of demon's and das3 you could just stack poise and absorption and ignore what the enemies are doing.
>>
>>338229876
From Bloodstarved Beast go back to Cathederal Ward Lamp. An elavator will now be unlocked. Go up and follow the path to a tower. Go up said tower and kill everything and get the radiant sword hunter badge(ludwig holy sword badge).

Then go down the tower all the way down and then clear the enemies and keep going left to unlock a shortcut.

That shortcut saves you 10,000 instead of buying the badge. Unlock the door so you have easy acess from the lamp. Go level up and try to fight amelia.

Good luck
>>
>>338229312
>projecting
I own both a PC and PS4+Bloodborne. From what Ive seen, Sony posters are often the most antagonistic of all posters. Taunting nintenyearolds with their graphics and then sperging out when someone points out PC can still do better, then clinging to their exclusives like its a life preserver in a sea of feces, ignoring any exclusives on all other platforms as "they don't count" when mentioned.

I almost never see a PC start a thread specifically to antagonize consoles like I have been seeing with the Uncharted threads.

>>338230038
Outside of the DLC the only boss I had trouble with was the final boss for the true end. It was the only boss I resorted to summoning a phantom for like a scrub although that proved pointless seeing as the guy I summoned died like a bitch before his health could drop a quarter despite winning
>>
>>338229803
No I mean your shit if you have to farm and you shouldn't be that shit if you have the plat.
>>
>>338230287
You just want to hear you are a god tier player right? This desperately fishing for compliments.

Everyone here soloed everything in every souls.
None of them are hard by our standards.
It is just that bb is the hardest compared to the rest. If your argument is that all of them are piss easy then well done. We all got this years ago.

If you actually had trouble with the other souls games then you are not only not a god-tier player but essentially retarded.

Seriously name a hard game then.
>>
>>338230343
People complained so much in japen that they made all the bosses in dark souls 3 piss easy.
>>
>>338230593
If you want to pvp effectively you have to go korean mode for gems m8.
>>
>>338230343
Heres the thing. 30 minutes of bloodborne you face off against gasciogne. And at that moment 40 percent of players said fuck that guy i dont like this game and got filtered out.

And then another 10 percent drop out after him before Amelia.

While Dark Souls 3 the first 4 story bosses have over 70 percent completion rate. You know about 4 5 hours worth of gameplay.

If people give up saying its too hard it means its too fucking hard.

If over 70 percent of players beat the first 4 bosses that means the games pretty easy and or much more fun to play.
>>
>>338230614
Not him but Ninja Gaiden was fairly challenging

My favorite was 2 before I realized the scythe was broken as fuck
>>
>>338230614
>Seriously name a hard game then.
Contra
>>
>>338230920
I had no trouble beating ninja gaiden. although sometimes I lost my shit with the fucking camera.

The moment I beat that thing the game became my bitch.
>>
>>338230920
>Ninja Gaiden
I wasn't even following that conversation but muh nigga. I loved those and yes they were pretty hard and had a learning curve. As I was figuring out the basics of Bloodborne, I totally thought back to when I was a NG noob.
>>
>>338230593
What the fuck are you on about.

A level 30 Character against Amelia is fucking ridicouls how much health the bitch has and keeps regenerating. And the anount of work the level up more is tedious as fuck reseting by traveling 2x the times.

Feel free to pvp my main character however dumbass
>>
>>338230918
Man why would people STOP after seeing gascoigne?
That was when the game won me over.
>>
>>338230215
Not that guy you're responding to but it's obvious to me because I bough the key item from the messenger (hunter chief emblem), so it's clear there's more to do in Cathedral Ward. Currently I'm in front of Amelia. Not sure if I should face her now or take the left or right path right before first.
>>
>>338231027
If I remember right in 2 only difficulties were available at the beginning that translated into "Easy and Normal"

It was only a rental so I never got to see how fucked Hard mode was
>>
>>338230920
BB actually reminded me of playing NG for the first time.
Sort of same learning curve and became fun int he same way.
>>
>>338215974
All of that is nullified by
>super generous dodge and i-frames
>parry from a distance with no fear of getting hit
>monsters are slow
>super generous drops
I actually found it easier than DS2
>>
>>338215974
1.nobody uses shields anyway
2.the cannon is ez mode
3.blood vial poppin
>>
>>338231089
git gud
>>
>>338231317
Then you haven't tried any magic any armor and no adp.

DaS2 had a even more generous roll but you didn't even need since heavy armor was so good.
>>
>>338215974
I'm not saying it's easy because that's the current meme around town, but now that I've beaten all of them, I'd say DaS3 is the hardest though that might be because I played like garbage.
Bloodborne next
Demon's next though again, I played like shit though I up closed FK Allant with a magic build so that wasn't ideal.

And I beat DaS1 and 2 on SL1 so flip a coin there. The DLC makes DaS2 harder though.

DaS3 is the only game where I didn't beat every boss alone because Nameless King is a fag. For some reason the first time fighting him I did terrible on the dragon and he himself was pretty easy but I had no estus by the time I got to him. Next time around Dragon was easy and he ruined my life.
I need to make a new character and redeem myself. Maybe try on sl1 to destroy my will to live
>>
>>338231189
This area's a little crazy so far. More big ass guns like the one in Old Yharnam. I never did find that fag to kill him, if it's possible.
>>
>>338231089
I didnt have any problems with her regeneration. Ive I remember right you could do something to stop her from doing it

Or maybe take that opportunity to wind up a visceral?
>>
>>338231469
God don't ruin nameless king and summon.

His second phase is so fucking fun alone.
>>
Borrowing a ps4 later tonight with bloodborne

any tips for first time playthrough? I'll do blind of course, have beaten des/all das games also.
>>
>>338231435
Bruh, I played a mage and used mostly a long sword. Increasing your int/faith and attribute also increased your rolls. Bloodborne is way easier than Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>338230446
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the "Sony shitposting" is false flagging. As far as your last 2 points, that's what you've seen. Myself and I'm sure many others have seen every userbase become fully retarded shitposting mongoloids.
>>
>>338231594
You will have no trouble.
Plays more like an action game.
>>
>>338231594
Just prepare your anus. And git gud. Die a lot. Especially if you're like me and haven't played any Dank Souls before. More to come once you've gotten past that part.
>>
>>338231620
>Bloodborne is way easier than Dark Souls 2.
But it is so slow.
I just facetanked everything in heavy armor.
>>
>TFW the hardest thing for me in this game wasnt an actual boss, it was that faggot sitting in the church after vicar
>>
>>338231552
I had him one tick away the first time around. I could dodge him with ease and shit. But that one tick made me summon for him.
Ng+ I had nothing. Couldn't dodge. Couldn't do anything. It's like I just lost the ability to play.

I need to redeem myself hard on this.
>>
>>338231667
>Especially if you're like me and haven't played any Dank Souls before
Maybe read his whole post
>have beaten des/all das games also.
>>
>>338221937
This is exactly what I did
>>
>>338231832
Not sure how I missed that, my bad.
>>
>>338219158
It's to punish the player for being bad. Something games are afraid to do nowadays.
>>
>>338231624
Its quite easy to say its false flagging but I honestly doubt that goldface shit started as such. And Im not saying other consoles dont shitpost and make threads specifically to do so, Im just saying Ive seen Sony fans do it far more often.
>>
>beat DaS1 sl1 ng+7
>Fume Knight and Frigid Outskirts completely wrecked my shit
Why is DaS2 dlc so hard goddamn.
>>
Does anyone else compulsively break vases and crates and shit or is that just a sign that I might have autism?
>>
Well seeing as I played Dark Souls without a shield and magic I didn't find it all that different. I only really struggled with some of the bosses because I hardly invested in vit and would get one or two shotted.
>>
>>338232165
You never know when those shits are hiding an item. You should also be compulsively rolling into walls.
>>
>>338232449
Oh yeah? Does rolling into them bust open passages that a weapon won't? If so I've surely missed some shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-01-23-27-37.png (490 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-01-23-27-37.png
490 KB, 720x1280
>>338231419
I did a while ago. Eat shit buddy
>>
>>338232165
I do that and a lot more, like compulsively walking along the entire edge of the map, reading item description multiple times, waiting for icons to blink at least 4 times before pressing anything etc. I have legit OCD though. About to get me some fluoxetine which would hopefully calm my shit.
>>
File: wait for it.gif (123 KB, 672x611) Image search: [Google]
wait for it.gif
123 KB, 672x611
>>338231795
>summon for nameless king
>guy I summons just fatrolls around off in the distance for the King of the Storms part of the battle
>I kill the drake thinking Im about to get assfucked by a healthboosted Nameless king with a useless phantom watching
>get ready to fight anyway
>suddenly soul arrows out of nowhere taking massive chunks out of his health
>phantom was a stupidly powerful mage all along
>kills him in less than 10 seconds
>takes out a zweihander and starts jacking off
>a mixture of disappointment and amusement is felt
that was a bit anti-climactic
>>
File: 1449617713493.jpg (38 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
1449617713493.jpg
38 KB, 330x328
>>338217324
>and I'm struggling with Bloodborne (getting my ass kicked by the allegedly easy blood starved beast)

Good luck with the expansion then m8.

I played the expansion on NG++ I think I came out of it psychologically damaged in someway. If you think the main game is hard you better pucker up your plump virgin asshole because it's going to get fucking defiled, raped and morally degraded in ways you didn't even think were possible.
>>
>>338232513
>Does rolling into them bust open passages that a weapon won't?
Assuming we are talking about DaS, both rolling and weapon strikes will open hidden passages. The big difference though is that rolling does not reduce your durability.
>>
>>338231514
Healing mistsm but you only get 6 up until that point in the game. After those 6 you cant get more until way later in the game.

You cant charge a visc. At most you can try to take away more health then she can regen but on a new character at level 30 thats like pushing back a tree.

Im sure people have done it. Just i cant.
>>
BB is harder overall due to a lack of ways to turtle or melt bosses. However, its trophies are insanely easy.
>>
>>338232754
Oh nah, I was talking Bloodborne.
>>338232737
I beat the BSB while posting in this thread but it did take some time. As I said above, I realized when he gets to about 1/3 health and starts going apeshit, it's much easier to just start chucking molotovs. That made it easy.
>>
>>338232783
Its been awhile since I popped in bloodborne but I think there was a way to stagger her to interrupt her healing process. I think if you aim at the talisman she clutches it does it.

You sure winding up and heavy hitting her doesnt open her up to a visceral? Again its been awhile so bear with me.
>>
>>338220589

oh we're here. we just aren't cancerous and insecure like Sony.
>>
>>338232849
Well in BB, there isn't any hidden passages, just hard to spot passages. Still though, durability is a bigger problem in BB so rolling is still superior for breaking shit.

Also, I am addicted to rolling into shit that is obviously not hiding an item too. All chairs must be destroyed...
>>
>>338222665
Don't listen to anyone else anon.

Cathedral ward workshop for bullets. 4 wheelchair guys dropping 4 bullets each + the two shooter guys who stop 1 or 2. You can get 20 bullets in a couple mins.

Central yarnham is best vial farm. From the left shortcut you got 3 brick trolls plus the two werewolves who drop 3 each on top of a wheelchair guy and townspeople who sometimes drop more vials.

I'm currently playing through my first time and these are the cheese routes for sure.

My opinion of the game is that it's the only game to earn being a souls title. It's below dark souls and demon souls, not by too much, but way above DS2&3
>>
>>338232849
he's an optional boss

Not that it even matters, good on you for beating him, I really hope you're enjoying this game, it starts off seemingly pretty good but by the time you finish the game including the expansion your mind is going to be obliterated.
>>
>>338233291
Haha I had no idea he was optional but yes I'm enjoying the fuck out of it so far. I occasionally want to throw my controller through my TV but it's a really cool fucking game.
>>
>>338233428

Hell fucking yes man, that's exactly the same way I felt when I played it and if you already like it now, you'll love the rest of it. Keep going man and pillage, rape and skull fuck what the game throws at you, it's the only way.
>>
>>338233291
>your mind is going to be obliterated
Is this a joke about gaining insights and ayy lmaos?
>>
File: peperror.jpg (417 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
peperror.jpg
417 KB, 653x635
>>338233685
idk u tell mi
>>
>>338233820
I wish I hadn't been spoiled about some late bosses and whatnot but I'm still looking forward to fighting those cosmic horror fucks.
>>
>>338228454
>I had martyr loghain visceral locked for 4/5 of his health before just killing him normally
He is slow on porpuse because of his other stuff. You can't complain on the best boss fight
>>
File: 1424972294231.jpg (223 KB, 1076x1054) Image search: [Google]
1424972294231.jpg
223 KB, 1076x1054
>>338215974
>bloodborne is the dark souls of dark souls
>>
>>338232954
Chuck a charm at her you mongoloid.

Alternatively have a serrated weapon with a fire gem and stomp her in under 30 seconds
>>
>>338230918
Bloodborne got bundled with PS4s. Pretty sure a huge amount of players just got it with their console and weren't really interested. It's easier than Dark Souls.
>>
>>338231109
Yeah, the same for me. I'm sad that I actually never get to transform like him and I'm just about finish the game.
Anyone knows how that work?
>>
>>338234968
The dlc added a sort of transformation.

But fuck me Gascoigne really was a tease.
First they show you a character that plays exactly like you and then they transform him as if to say "this could be you"
But noooo. We don't fucking get it.
>>
>>338230918
It took me way more than 30 minutes to get to Gascoigne tbqhwy. It took me more than 30 minutes to reliably be able to kill those first human faggots. I had no idea what I was doing. For a Souls veteran, maybe 30 minutes to Gascoigne.
>>
>>338222851
Boss fights felt like DMC in the first playtrought, when you don't have that much weapons and movement options
>>
>>338232831
Why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>338236751
I don't think he said it was.
>>
>>338236841
Shit, my bad. I'ts just DeS where so unfunny to get that I couldn't believe someone wanted it that way more than BB
>>
>>338235235
It took me like 4 hours (if not more) because I tried to beat the werewolfs at the top of the bridge like 30 times. They were too strong
>>
>>338237057
To me das1 is the worst offender.
Poise + all that absortpion meant you could just completely ignore what your enemy was doing.

Demon's at least didn't have poise.
>>
>>338235235
>>338237198
I feel you guys. I had just marathoned 1 and 2 with a friend in preparation for Blood Borne. I think it took us like 5 hours to get to Gascoigne due to having to get used to the slightly different pacing.
If you really made it to Gascoigne in 30 minutes your first time there, I'm willing to bet you missed a ton of loot.
>>
>>338237443
>>338237198
Especially those fucking wolves on the bridge, they're extremely unforgiving when you come straight from dark souls
>>
>>338219726
Im not surprised by this result. Sonyggers are the worst thing to have ever happened to this board. They're utterly toxic.
>>
File: 1387236640508.png (248 KB, 549x481) Image search: [Google]
1387236640508.png
248 KB, 549x481
>ranged parries
>no mid/fatroll
>blood vials drop fucking everywhere, can be used as fast, can be used while moving
>health regain for trading blows, doesn't matter if you get hit by an ambushing enemy as long as you immediately hit it back
>ranged fucking parries that work on 95% of the shit in the game
>>
>>338215974
What I thought bloodborne was the easiest souls game I've played.
>>
>>338238048
I still need to go back and play DaS, which I bought on steam. Having played 2, 3, and BB, I can't see how you can view BB as being anything but the hardest. Iframes felt like they were the weakest in BB. I felt immortal in DaS3 once I started rolling. Also, shields felt like they can make you immortal too, which is lacking in BB. BB weapons were also more complex in a way that seemed to make them easier to get hits with, meaning NPCs were much harder in BB. Finally, you didn't have magic that could trivialize the game in BB like you did in DaS 2/3. I seriously don't see what could make someone view the other games as being harder.

What makes you feel that BB was the easiest?
>>
>>338238048
It's almost as if we have a range of differing opinions on that question ITT.
>>
>>338238534
Bloodborne is the only souls game I've been able to successfully parry into riposte (visceral attack in this case) every enemy that possibly could be parried. I felt like that alone broke the game in several regards. A great example of this is when I fought Lady Maria for the first time, I killed her in under 2 minutes in NG by parrying every attack into visceral.

I also thought the self healing by being aggressive also made the game easier slightly. Bloodborne is by no means a bad game though.

I never used magic in the Dark Souls games as it never interested me and I stopped using shields a long time ago. I don't know maybe just being a veteran of the series playing it after learning from all the other games just made it feel easier for me.
>>
>>338238534
The people that think it is the easiest in the series are the shitposters that don't have a PS4 and are salty about not getting it.
>>
>>338238534
Bloodborne is easily the least challenging simply due to the fact that you can carry 20 healing items by default (more with runes), plus rally allows you to make mistakes and get away with it by hitting back. Healing is abundant to the point that you can stumble and fail your way through every encounter. Dark Souls 2 was similarly generous though had tougher encounters to somewhat compensate. Only Dark Souls 1 and maybe 3 (haven't played 3 yet so I don't actually know) provide the tension of having a limit to the number of mistakes you're allowed to make between checkpoints.
>>
>>338239102
Easy doesn't meant bad.
>>
>>338239000
I never tried parrying in DaS2. In BB, I could only parry 2 enemies in the entire game, being the simple fatties like the one banging on the door in the beginning, and those clergymen in cathedral ward. I could parry a whole lot more often in DaS3. Still not enough to convince me it was a good idea for me to use it on a normal basis, but a whole lot more than I could in BB.

My experience with self healing is that if you tried to take advantage of it, you would just heal a small fraction of your damage before you caused yourself to get hurt again. Otherwise you had to play it smart and dodge appropriately, which means your chance to heal just went out the window since that bar doesn't stick around for long. Sure it exists, but it definitely didn't feel like it gave you any kind of edge in a fight.

>>338239485
>20 healing items by default
You also can't upgrade these healing items. 20 is a relatively small amount for what they do and you had to farm them. They aren't given out like candy in DaS.

>plus rally allows you to make mistakes and get away with it by hitting back
Rally didn't heal you enough to make it where you could cover up your mistakes.

>limit to the number of mistakes you're allowed to make between checkpoints
But that is just the thing. Checkpoints didn't save your ass in BB like they do in DaS. If you are stumbling through a level, you WILL run out of blood vials, and a checkpoint would not change that fact. Checkpoints also didn't recover your durability, so the more times you fuck up, the more in the hole you became.
>>
>Copypasting topics from Neofag
And then they say we are not being raided by sony fanboys.
>>
>>338240142
The game became even easier after I memorize the runes that let me heal after visceral attacking and getting silver bullets for visceral attacking. I never felt the need to get more blood vials after getting those.
>>
>>338225826
When they make BB 2, I hope they finally just make the sequel feel fucking direct. Each Dark Souls feels so far away from the last. Just set it at the beginning of humanity's new childhood.
>>
>>338240308
>knowing what topics are on Neofag
Quit pretending you are someone who actually gives a fuck about 4chan.
>>
Can you do the backstab visceral with a transformed weapon? The two handed version of the axe, in my case?
>>
>>338237198
After a while, it should hit you that those wolves are so strong because there's another path you can take.
>>
>>338216909
he's a brit so he dropped the h
>>
>>338240687
DaS2 didn't get easier for me just like DaS3 didn't. Magic allowed me to beat everything with ease in DaS2, while shields allowed me to beat everything with ease in DaS3. Iframes from dodging covered anything that those 2 things lacked. All the games give you enough tools to become godly, but DaS has more tools, and they are given to you during character creation.
>>
>>338240996
There's another path? I never found a different path, I just ran past them.
>>
>>338240818
Don't you do a double spin with it?
So even if you do get them in the backstab position wouldn't you just send them flying?
>>
>>338216909
it's an historical post my OP
>>
>>338241065
The two story house with the man in the wheelchair and a few guys hiding in the shadows. You typically go through it before opening up the first shortcut in the level.

You get there by falling off the left side of the area near the first brick troll banging on the door.

The house leads right out to before Cleric Beast, but past the wolves.
>>
>>338241116
Yeah I guess it's a moot point against a normal size enemy but what about a big ass boss?
>>
>>338240806
>knowing
Putting the title of the thread on google gave me the source. But your butthurt reaction pretty much tells me I am right, we are being raided.
>>
>>338240818
Probably not because the second spin would knock them over.
>>
>>338241265
You can backstab big ass bosses?
>>
>>338241237
Ah I know exactly the house, I just didn't realize you could get into it before the werewolves. I always feel like I'm pretty thorough when searching around but that game really fucking hides things well. That or I'm just not nearly as good at surveying my surroundings as I think. Or both.
>>
>>338241310
According to others on /v/ (including ITT, I think) the answer is yes. I'm a noob though, thus my questions.
>>
>>338241310
Humanoids only
>>
>>338215974
>bored with the base game after Rom
>have no urge to continue
>kind of want to buy the dlc
the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>338241439
Are you sure you are not confusing riposte viscerals with backstabs?

Backstabs should only work on humanoids.
>>
>>338241518
Yeah when I was having trouble with the blood starved beast I was told to try to backstab it. It didn't go so well, but that's what at least one person said. Doesn't mean they were right, though.
>>
>>338215974
Dark Souls is harder save for The Old Hunters.

Orphan alone is harder than the rest of the series put together.
>>
>>338241043
Yeah but in my earlier post I addressed how I thought the game was already easy as I could parry almost every enemy in the game which only got easier as I could now heal and get bullets from parrying them. I don't remember much from my DaS2 playthrough because that game is dogshit, but I do know that I used a halberd with no shield and I don't use magic in the dark souls games. DaS3 is the same story, I don't use shields or magic. I have never felt the need to block anything in any game as you can just iframe through practically everything.

At this point we might as well agree to disagree because I can not agree that Bloodborne was anywhere near the hardest in the series because through my own personal experience it was not as hard as the others.
>>
>>338241807
>I have never felt the need to block anything in any game as you can just iframe through practically everything.
But that is just the thing. If you think you can iframe through just about anything in all the games, the hardest game would have to be the one that gimps you on iframes. Between 2, 3, and BB, that is BB.
>>
>>338242091
Can you give a source on how Bloodborne has a gimped amount of iframes because I never felt I was gimped in anyway.
>>
>>338242214
I've recalled running across this before, but a quick google search is only showing obvious posts dealing with DaS1 and 2 iframes. So at this very moment I don't have a source for you.
>>
>>338243029
If what you are saying is true and the iframes are indeed gimped in Bloodborne then you are correct BB is the hardest, but as of right now I do not believe it. Kinda hard to believe we actually had a discussion without someone shitposting.
>>
>>338243152
Fair enough. At the end of the day the games feel just above average in difficulty anyway, so I always find the "le prepare to die" meme to be funny. I wonder how people that brag about DaS/BB difficulty fair in a rhythm game on harder than normal difficulty. Right now I'm getting my ass kicked by hard difficulty in Project DIVA f on vita. Also the reason why my ass lost so much in the final boss of Drakengard 3.
>>
>>338243770
Yeah these games are not that hard. I find rhythm games to be impossible because I have no fucking rhythm. I don't know what I'd consider the hardest game I've ever played probably CoD: World at War on veteran because of nade spam. Are the Darkengard games good? I was thinking about playing them but I keep hearing mixed things.
>>
>>338243976
Then I realize I'm retarded and posted Darkengard instead of Drakengard
>>
>>338244025
Fuck, didn't even notice you mispelling it.

>>338243976
I've only played Drakengard 3 and Nier. Neither have spectacular gameplay, but they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I personally like Nier more because the story feels like it draws you in more, while D3 feels like there is a little bit too much random banter. Also, the Nier soundtrack is my favorite soundtrack of all time while the D3 soundtrack didn't feel like anything special.

Also, the final boss in D3 is a practically impossible rhythm game boss. It is so bad that you can't even see or hear the last 3 notes. You either have to guess by dying a lot, or follow a video guide while playing.
>>
>>338219828
Including Orphan of Kos and Ludwig?
The only way to upgrade completetly your weapon is to farm the chalice dungeons.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.