[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this game get slammed by everyone again ? I often see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: resident-evil-0-logojpg-427601.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-0-logojpg-427601.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
Why did this game get slammed by everyone again ? I often see people saying it's the weakest title in the entire franchise, so worse than gun survivor, worse than 5 and 6, worse than Gaiden, worse than half the games in the franchise really.

Enlighten me, /v/. Why does everyone hate Zero so much ?
>>
>>338214774
The enemies were uninteresting, co-op made the game easy and ruined all suspense,and the main antagonist is a femboy prima donna..
>>
File: Bookletus.jpg (559 KB, 1357x2139) Image search: [Google]
Bookletus.jpg
559 KB, 1357x2139
>>338215038
>coop made the game easy
I hear you talkin shit
>>
>>338215258
I loved both the outbreak games so much.

One day I dream Capcom will release a working HD version on steam. One day.
>>
File: 9vdmCwS1.jpg (977 KB, 2621x3931) Image search: [Google]
9vdmCwS1.jpg
977 KB, 2621x3931
>>338215038
I find the game hard as fuck desu

Had no problems with remake, 2, or CV, but Zero pushes my fucking shit in. It feels super reliant on trial and error, Rebecca is a glass ballerina, and you go through twice as many resources with two characters.
>>
>>338214774
The enemies are all fucking literal animals. And you don't get to fight any sneks
>>
File: 1453161567950.jpg (169 KB, 729x1096) Image search: [Google]
1453161567950.jpg
169 KB, 729x1096
It's mostly due to how the whole sorta but not really co-op mechanics work. Also no item boxes. So you had that whole "Drop and pick up later" item system.
>>
File: ayumi_hamasaki.jpg (43 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ayumi_hamasaki.jpg
43 KB, 800x600
>>338215038
>the main antagonist is a femboy prima donna
Actually it's really Ayumi Hamasaki but close enough.

I've never seen it get talked about much less hated so no idea where you got that from.

It was a pretty good game that was bogged down with a bad inventory system is all.
>>
>le epic only uninteresting animals meme

literally every area has the same zombies and hunters like other games have PLUS the animals
>>
>>338216246

I've seen people slam this game because of the fact that it had giant / zombified animals in it. These people seem to forget that we got giant snakes, sharks, spiders, zombie dogs and shit before Zero even got released. If anything, on the bestiary level, they tried to keep it in line with REmake.
>>
>set before RE1
>Rebecca takes down zombie monsters
>in RE1 Rebecca is a chicken wuss
>>
>no interesting bosses or enemies
>shit story
>terrible item system
>second half of game has boring, generic environments
>>
Because despite what stick in the mud fanboys will say, RE 0 and CV were proof the old formula was getting stale and the series needed a change.
>>
Zero is just the silent hill origins equivalent of to the re series. The gameplay is ok but makes absolutely no sense in terms of story when put in line with the other games, as well as having a stupid inventory.

As much hate as the monsters get in zero I really liked the leeches. They were genuinely creepy, especially compared to everything else you fought in the game, but everyone shits on them cause they're either very hard or tedious to deal with.
>>
>>338214774
>worse than 5
kill yourself nigger

6 and Zero are fucking trash.
>>
>>338214774
Only the millennials complained. RE5 was their nostalgia.
>>
>>338217698
>CV
Please, if you would, describe to me what issue anyone has with Code Veronica that cannot be explained by the phrase git gud?
>>
>>338217983
Are you really trying to imply CV is hard?
>>
>>338214774
I actually don't hate RE0. I guess it's because playing Outbreak made me use to the "no item box system". Still, I can see how that will turn most people off. Players needing to decide which items to take and leave behind. Then backtracking if you left an important item somewhere.
>>
Dont know, i loved it
but it was also my first RE so I'm exceptionally biased
>>
Overall I liked 0, but I felt the train was a horrible part of the game. I definitely started loving it once they got to the training facility.
>>
>>338214774

At the time of its release, everyone was crying that Resident Evil 2 was the best game in the series and should have gotten a remake instead.

Now, RE fans are just jaded and most got into the series with RE4 or 5.
>>
File: Outbreak Mosiac.png (842 KB, 1027x816) Image search: [Google]
Outbreak Mosiac.png
842 KB, 1027x816
>>338215258
Friendly reminder that CAPCOM expected this to succeed when barely anybody hooked up their PS2 online back in the day, yet in this day and age where consoles are forced to be online they won't make a new one or at least a remake out of spite.

Fucking gooks
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.