[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to use a Duelshock controller, or a Duelshockesque controller,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: PSX-DualShock-Controller.jpg (2 MB, 3060x2400) Image search: [Google]
PSX-DualShock-Controller.jpg
2 MB, 3060x2400
I want to use a Duelshock controller, or a Duelshockesque controller, for PC gaming.

What's my best option?
>>
a dualshock
>>
Let another man have sex with your wife while you watch.
>>
>>338212415
A Dualshock?
>>
Literally a dualshock, the ds4 is pretty much plug and play
>>
>>338212682
I kind of wanted to avoid wireless controllers if I could. Doesn't ds4 use bluetooth to connect to your pc?
>>
>>338212825
I don't know about the ds4, but the ds3 and scptoolkit lets you play using a cable.
>>
>>338212825
There's an option
>>
>>338212825
you can, but you dont have to

just get something like DS4Windows and plug it in with a micro usb cable desu sempai
>>
>>338212825
Dualshock 3 is the identical form factor and it plays on PC using a USB cable and drivers.
>>
>>338213310
>>338213510
That's actually what I've been using, but it just seems to randomly decide when it wants to work, if it wants to work at all. That's why I'm looking for an alternative that's also wired.

>>338213474
How well does DS4Windows work, generally? Is it a hassle to set up?
>>
>>338213678
DS4Windows is really simple compared to its alternatives

from http://ds4windows.com/#howto
https://youtu.be/_uuVu93xfzM

>Download zip
>Extract the 2 programs (DS4Windows and DS4Updater) in the zip wherever you please (My Docs, Program Files, etc.)
>Launch DS4Windows
>If not in Program Files, choose where you want to save profiles
>A windows will pop up showing how to install the driver, if not, go to settings and click "Controller/Driver Setup"
>If you have used SCP's tool in the past, you may need to uninstall the drivers to use the DS4 with bluetooth
>Connect the DS4 via a micro usb or through bluetooth (DS4 Device name: "Wireless Controller") may need to enter pair code: 0000)
>All should be good to go once you connect the controller, if not restart DS4Windows, or even your computer.
>Note: same games work with the DS4 without DS4Windows (however it does use rumble etc.) Games like these can cause double input in menus (ie pressing down on the dpad moves 2 spaces) or the wrong button to do incorrect functions. To solve this, check Hide DS4 in the settings, if you see a warning in the log/text on the bottom, that means you must close said game or client that causes the conflict and reconnect the controller.
>>
>>338214084
Alright, I guess I'll give that a try. I just wish DS4 controllers weren't so pricey.
>>
How anyone can actually like this tiny, uncomfortable, cheaply made, wobbly piece of shit is beyond me
>>
>>338214463
i would recommend trying a DS3 but imo DS3 triggers are shit and the usb hub tends to get mangled and destroy usb cords.

the next best thing would be to use a DS1/2 but then you'd have to use a converter, and unless you get lucky finding something like an inpin adapter expect latency

someone might be autistic enough to make DS1/2 with usb connectors, but then you're at the mercy of some shmuck (probably chinese) and his potentially bad handiwork

or you could just use an xbone controller if you have windows 10, but then it wouldn't be "dualshock-esque"
>>
>>338214760
I'll be honest, the main reason I don't want to use the Xbone/360 controller is because the dpad is fucking garbage, and I want a controller with a good dpad that's in a nice position.
>>
>>338212415
Wah
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.