[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Role Playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: orc.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
orc.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
What are good games for role playing?

I sort of accidentally happened upon roleplaying in vidya a couple years after beating skyrim and I wanted to play without the story.I got stoned and thought itd be fun to play as an ork who's just seeks death in combat (almost like an honorable klingon). He dual wielded axes and used scant fur armor because to use any sort of protection would be cowardly to him. I had a thin, but pretty cool, backstory and it was one of the best times I've had playing a game. I didn't rush through things to collect things, I took my time, saved up for a horse so I didn't have to walk everywhere, brazenly charged sabertooths, it was a blast.

But I have been unable to replicate this type of immersion. Even trying other games and trying again with different characters in Skyrim. I don't ever really post here (/k/ommando) but thought I'd come here with my question.

What are some good games for role playing? I.E. games that let you make your own story and don't cow you into one role.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
bumpan with games I've played/tried

This one was trash for obvious reasons. No freedom at all. I had to TRY to roleplay this and it was fucking painful being forced to be some goody-two-shoes
>>
>>338211742
D&D
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
I had a lot of fun in mount and blade, but after a certain point it just seemed like the same thing over and over again. Riding, trade, riding, check prices, riding, chase enemy, etc, etc, etc...
>>
>>338211871
I've never played tabletop RP before, but it doesnt seem like something I can do in the comfort of my home by myself with a beer and a joint
>>
File: img4235_01.jpg (34 KB, 600x279) Image search: [Google]
img4235_01.jpg
34 KB, 600x279
Stalker was cool, but a little too linear for what I wanted I guess.

The guns were fantastic though
>>
>>338211742
Serpent in the Staglands

You know shit and have a big world to explore, no classes, just skill based builds.

Ultima Online: only MMORPG worth playing.
>>
File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1 MB, 1330x1650) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1 MB, 1330x1650
I played fallout NV for a little while but I guess it didn't just grasp me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, maybe it lacked something. Idk
>>
>>338212148
Serpent in the staglands? I'll look into it, only isometric game I've played before was diablo 2. Had a blast with all my friends, but I don't know how well it would translate to role playing
>>
FTL was fun, in an arcade sense, but not for what I was looking for.

Tried this out of some sort of desperate sci-fi role-play hole I wanted to fill
>>
>>338212408
it has an old school feel to it though (UI, graphics and gameplay), you have been warned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud81OvuMjHw
>>
File: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (169 KB, 256x429) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art.png
169 KB, 256x429
Meh. Fallout 3 sort of was good to RP with, but I fucking hate VATS, and no iron sights sucks to. (for immersion, not exactly for all shooters in general)
>>
>>338212806
Looks like you get to build a party and stuff too? That does look like an interesting game, even if it wouldn't provide the RP fix im looking for. Is it an open world?
>>
>>338212002
Google roll20
Pretty decent community if you avoid the furfags and SJW games.
>>
File: header.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
got this in original xbox format, but I couldn't get the old clunker to work. I'd buy it on steam if anyone recommends it. It seemed intriguing.
>>
>>338213130
You can build more than 1 char when you being or just 1, your choice and you are able to recruit characters on your journey. The game lets you go anywhere, yes. You get some clues to where to go; the game isn't newbie friendly at all, you get 2 hit killed by almost anything when you start.
>>
>>338213751
I don't really like being babied anyway. Just got through dark souls 3 and had a fucking blast. Really good system for playing, literally, any way you wanted to
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.