[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya Headcanon/Fanwank Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
Normally I shy away from Tumblr-esque headcanons, but I've heard a pretty convincing theory to make sense of Nintendo's official three branch Zelda timeline that nobody saw coming.

I believe the "Hero is Defeated" timeline was the result of an unseen unsuccessful first attempt to defeat Ganondorf by young Link. The first time around, the Master Sword accepted young Link, with predictable results. Zelda resets the timeline subjectively for Link and the Godesses/Sages add a maturity caveat to the master sword.

The "Hero is Defeated" timeline continued for everyone else until a new Link could avenge his fallen predecessor in the early NES games. (Which if you'll notice, have less Settlements and more monsters around. The original game had people revert to cowering in caves.)

One further piece of evidence to support this fanwank of mine is Ocarina of Time's opening cinematic with Zelda in retreat on Horseback, with Young Link face to face with Ganondorf. I believe this prophetic dream was actually a memory from the first timeline, like in the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

What does /v/ think of my timeline autism? Do you have any autistic theories you'd like to share?
>>
File: Beamos_TP.png (690 KB, 904x1502) Image search: [Google]
Beamos_TP.png
690 KB, 904x1502
>>338211425
By Twilight Princess, the Gorons are the closet to the old technology of Lanayru (the dragon) and the goddesses.
>>
Midna likes anal.
>>
>>338211425
My explanation of the "Hero is Defeated" timeline is basically the same and in general, making it the original timeline (with ALttP's Link's wish undoing Ganondorf's victory) is about the only way to explain it in-universe.

Why else would the Master Sword require a certain age this time and no other unless someone or something knew Link would fail as a child?
>>
Ganondorf is secretly homosexual for Link's dink.
>>
>>338211425
The "Hero is Defeated" timeline would only work when the Triforce finds its way to Link and Zelda, but that's not enough because if Link dies, the Triforce could then be taken by anyone. Therefore Link would HAVE to die at the hands of Ganondorf or GANON in order for that timeline to take effect, because then he'd take Link and Zelda's Triforce pieces.

You guys are alright. Don't go to Hyrule Castle tomorrow.
>>
File: mf6.jpg (2 MB, 1184x7812) Image search: [Google]
mf6.jpg
2 MB, 1184x7812
I guess this is the perfect thread to throw my own dumbass hat into the ring.

I drew this.
>>
>headcanon
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 236x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 236x475
>implying you came up with this """"""""theory""""""""
Literally everyone thinks this
>>
Midna and Link have sex whenever you're not playing the game.
>>
File: tadtones zora.jpg (15 KB, 385x226) Image search: [Google]
tadtones zora.jpg
15 KB, 385x226
>>338212721
I can't make heads or tails of this post, can you put it another way?

Are you saying the Defeated timeline can only exist in a world where the triforce is pre-split? Or something about Ganon has the completed triforce in ALttP so Link has to be dead? Because WW says otherwise, but maybe you aren't saying that at all.

>>338211425
Tadtones become the Zora, not the Parella. Not that the games say the Parella become the Zora, just that some fans do and I disagree.
>>
>the way things happen is already explained by an official source
>I'm still gonna come up with autistic theories so I can feel special when other autists read them
>>
He dies during the final battle with Ganondorf. This isn't really that hard.

This is like some faggot on Youtube making a 15 minute video overthinking the most mundane shit to make a game seem more complex than it is.
>>
>>338213053
What I'm saying is for the Defeated Timeline to work, the Triforce has to already be pre-split. Link has Courage and Zelda already has Wisdom by the time Link goes to confront Ganon, so if Link falls, that means Ganon can take it for himself. Any other time, the Triforce would probably just go into the next person who fits it if nobody else takes it.

Not to mention, how would Ganondorf know that he could just take the Triforce in Ocarina of Time? If that were the case he probably would've just took Zelda's. But he's a little older and wiser in Wind Waker and the heroes are just kids, so I'd assume it'd be much more simple taking it from them and not from big strong manly Adult Link.

English isn't my first language so I hope that is better for you.
>>
>everyone posting LoZ shit
Aren't there other series with discrepancies-made-sensible via fan theory? The only one I can think of is Other M's Samus clone theory, though Nintendo fucked the canon up for Metroid a long time ago and needs to just let it die.
>>
>>338214181
Also, FF VIII's "Squall is dead" and "R=U" theories. Dunno why I forgot about those all of a sudden.
>>
>>338214181
If you have an idea anon start a thread. If not, shut the fuck up and sit down.
>>
>>338212761
I liked the art so I saved it.
>>
>>338214387
I feel like R=U would've made 8 more beloved by fans
>>
>>338214181
>discrepancies-made-sensible
What part of ME3 do you want me to start with?

>>338213794
>What I'm saying is for the Defeated Timeline to work, the Triforce has to already be pre-split.
Why? The Triforce is split in OoT as soon as Ganondorf touches it, when Link opens the Door of Time and claims the Master Sword as a child. The Downfall timeline doesn't need a "pre-split" Triforce. Or am I still not getting it?
>>
>>338215145
I honestly don't think Link obtained the triforce until he gathered all the medallions. It was around then that it started to show up in his hand.
>>
>>338215397
On one hand that'd possibly fit with what SS says about trials and being worthy of certain Triforce pieces.

On the other, where'd the ToC go in the meantime?

I think as soon as Link drew his tiny sword and shield against Ganondorf (during Zelda's flight), he was worthy of the Triforce of Courage and just needed it to break apart to obtain it.

Then you have TP Link that has the ToC by blood; that confuses all this shit.
>>
>>338216884
>Twilight Princess

Skyward Sword established the Spirit of the Hero, so when Ocarina/Majora's Mask Link passed away or whatever, the Triforce of Courage went with the Spirit of the Hero to the next Link, I'd gather.
>>
File: oot tp lake desert.jpg (156 KB, 615x608) Image search: [Google]
oot tp lake desert.jpg
156 KB, 615x608
>>338211425
I'm still trying to figure out how OoT and TP's maps are related.
>>
>>338217154
Wind Waker Link had to do a quest for a split up triforce though. Wait, how'd it get cracked into tiny pieces again?

I think it's implied by TP and WW that TP Link is a direct descendant of OoT Link, whereas WW Link wasn't.
>>
>>338213314
>>338213096
The question isn't what's canon, it's how the 3rd split happened when two of them are by in-universe means. People don't like the Downfall Timeline as a 'what if' or one of those 'branches at every choice' situations. Link isn't Worf.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.