[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been about a decade since I've played a Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
It's been about a decade since I've played a Pokemon game.
I'm going to buy a 3DS and want to know what game is the best for a returning fan.
Played red and blue to death as a kid as well as silver and gold.
>>
the newest one
>>
Heartgold or Soulsilver, X and Y and ORAS are shit in comparison.
>>
>>338209856
Can I ask how they're different and why you prefer them?
>>
>>338210102
In HG/SS, you can go to FUCKING KANTO, and fight FUCKING RED

I think ive made my point
>>
>>338210516
>you can go to an empty region and fight a guy with a Pikachu
Wow
>>
>>338210516
Also, ORAS and X and Y have exp. share, trivializes the entire game.
>>
>>338210735
>trivializes the entire game
The games are trivial to begin with if you're older than 12.
>>
HG/SS if you just want to nostalgia
Black/White if you want an all new region and a whole lot of new Pokemon to catch
>>
Alpha and Omega have online trading, online battles etc.

Shits dope. Just buy one and enjoy.
>>
/vp/ was created as a Pokemon containment board for /v/ after /v/ was overran by Pokemon threads, and now Pokemon is off-topic on /v/. Please take your Pokemon thread to the proper board.

Thank you.
>>
>>338210735
And ORAS leaves out Emerald. They completely half-assed it.
>>
>>338209646
X/Y and ORAS were both pretty disappointing but they aren't bad games by any means.
I'd recommend playing Platinum instead and moving upwards from there if you're having fun, as as all the games made between Platinum and Black/White 2 are all pretty great.
>>
Definitely XY.

Honestly just because it's a new region on the newest system. I didn't finish Soul Silver and didn't get back into Pokemon for about 4-5 years. Going through XY was so much fun and filled me with nostalgia all over again.
>>
I'd say wait for Sun/Moon in six months.

Games prior to XY have no online anymore so you'd miss out on any trading or battling, which I'd imagine you'd want if the last time you played was during the big boom.

If you really wanna get one of the 3DS titles right now, go for XY if you want something meant to introduce or reintroduce people to the games more, or go for ORAS if you want up to date online experience since it has some stuff XY doesn't. Though they're generally agreed to be weaker entries for single player.

>>338210735
I'm replaying X right now and have had EXP Share on the entire game, I was still underleveled against Doc Oc. Still piss easy, like every Pokemon game.

I'd say the Amie EXP boost breaks the game more.
>>
Play BW and if you liked it BW2. They're good as a sorta Red/Blue esque game, they only have new Pokemon so you're forced to find some new favorites, the story and graphics are fantastic, the music is godly and the postgame in BW2 lasted me like 600 hours. HGSS are good but their levelcurve is fucked so I recommend the Drayano patch, makes the games really good. Platinum is good as well, lots of postgame, good in a lot of similar ways to BW2.
Don't bother with XY or ORAS, they're trash
>>
Buy the Red/Blue/Yellow versions on eShop.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.