[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT buyers remorse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
I loved Xenogears and Xenoblade is my favorite game of all time, but this shit was horrible. What went so wrong?
>>
>>338208690
Nothing really, I enjoyed it way more than the first Xenoblade.
>>
Gameplay and sidequests were far better than the first game.

Xenoblade feels sluggish in comparison to XBX.
>>
>>338208690
its kinda slow?
>>
>>338208690
You ignored the boat load of interesting side content and rushed through the story that only has like three good parts, chapters 8, 11, and 12.
>>
>>338208690
Nothing aside from the story not having as much focus on it as it does in Xenoblade. The gameplay has improved a lot and so has the quest system.
>>
>>338208690
You first OP
>>
>>338209356
>The quest system has improved a lot

Yeah if you call constant mindless fetch quests and kill this enemy quests "improved a lot"
>>
I personally loved it. I think the people who hate it simply didn't do side quests or were too casual to handle the deadly monsters all over the place.
>>
I'm with you OP.

I feel like the only reason this game gets as much praise as it does is because it's a Wii U exclusive with a lot of promise at first glance. Thus the bulk of the people who bought the game were also crazy people who bought a Wii U only and don't understand how it compares to other RPG's released that year.
>>
>>338208690
They butchered the story to make room for a customization character instead of just giving you control of the main character so you felt like you were just taking a backseat in the story. Not to say that this method of storytelling doesn't work, but it's clear that this story was not written with that mindset. The sidequest writing is excellent, and the gameplay is far better than the original.
>>
>>338209849
The problem with the sidequests is that they were boring. They were either mindless fetch quests, or kill one or certain number of enemies quests.

Plus the pacing in the game is already painfully slow, (even by JRPG standards) so being forced to go through dull quests isn't going to help going to help it's pacing issue.
>>
i'm tired of the "X has better gameplay" meme
>>
>>338210016

Sad thing is they could of easily done the whole custom character thing all they needed to do is get one voice actor for the male and one for the female job done
>>
>>338208690
Censorship.
>>
>The endless fetch quests are the HIGH point of the game
What a masterpiece.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.