[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat it. am I a normie if I didn't get it? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg (148 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg
148 KB, 960x540
I just beat it.

am I a normie if I didn't get it? I mean, the story. I see all these lore threads but everything seems pretty far fetched, reaching or making generic connections.

I think it isn't as deep as people say
>>
Goddamn you are fucking retarded.
>>
File: hoonter.webm (2 MB, 686x618) Image search: [Google]
hoonter.webm
2 MB, 686x618
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit?pref=2&pli=1

i hope you like reading
>>
its the worst "story" out of all souls games.
>>
>>338207635
Worst thing about this game is that it infected Dark Souls 3 with its mediocrity because Miyazaki is obsessed with it for some reason, the hack.
>>
Its really not that deep, its just subtle and takes some piecing together.

If you want a TLDR, The great ones have their own motives and hierarchy and occasionally use humans to achieve their goals. The whole game is basically you being used by the paleblood moon great one to kill off another one.
>>
>>338208035

It beats DS2's by a mile
>>
>>338208035
>>338208064
>>338208152
You are all complete idiots. The story is deeper than any other Souls game. refer to >>338207951
>>
who has best story? I mean from game
>>
>>338208309
micolash
>>
>>338207635
Thats because the story and lore arent spoon fed you idiot, if you dont pay attention and have interest for the story you want find or understand shit
>>
>>338208432

Thats true for DS1, 3 and DeS as well. You can go throughout the entire game without knowing anything about the lore aside from the intro/final cutscene

DS2 seems to be the only one that spoon feeds you info
>>
File: 1463113449058.png (235 KB, 340x600) Image search: [Google]
1463113449058.png
235 KB, 340x600
>>338208309
Doll/Maria, Vilebloods/Executioners and pic related are my favorites
>>
>>338208309
Gehrman and his obsession with Maria
>>
Im a fan of gascoigne and all the lore around cainhurst as my personal favorites.
>>
>>338207635
no, it means that you have good taste and aren't affected by the /v/ and neofag hivemind

Bloodborne is objectively a mediocre souls game that doesn't deserve more than a 6/10
>>
>I dont like reading item descriptions: The Thread
>>
>>338207951
>>338208261

the story is really nowhere near as interesting as the souls games

it feels limited in scope by way of the comparison between setting up a mythology full of questions and bloodborne basically having about 3-4 main points of quetion, and they basically never do anything interesting with the potential of the eldritch influences

bb's lore is much easier to digest, and works well, but I was overall, pretty disappointed by it.
>>
so who sent the eye that allows you to go into the nightmare? was it gherman trying to end it and put maria to rest or was it the moon presence trying to kill orphan?
>>
>>338208035
It's by far the best
>>
>>338208261
If by "deep" you mean "pretentious and abstract", then yeah it's definitely got the deepest story.

>WEW ELDRITCH HORRORS
>Le symbolism, so smart writing XD
>But who was Oedon?! *O*
>>
>>338207635
just means you arent an autist who insists on creating intricate headcanon when the developers are too lazy or incompetent to finish the game on their own
>>
>>338209026

>objectively

I have never seen anyone who this phrase in any sort of meaningful discussion or argument.
>>
>>338209026

Friendly reminder that you are in a insignificant minority that thinks BloodBorne isn't GOAT souls game.

You also shouldn't use the word "Objectively" as a trump card when you wanna give your opinion more credibility on an image forum.

Especially when your opinion is objectively full of shit taste and autism.
>>
so, out of the souls games, which story is best?
>>
>>338207635
This has the most coherent story of all of the Soulsborne games though
>>
>>338209504

Personal opinions aside, the majority opinion isn't that Bloodborne is the GOAT souls game.

Realistically, most people give that to either DS1 or Demons Souls. Not saying they are right or wrong but, thats the prevailing opinion
>>
>>338209329

This is so much nonsense. There's very little different in the mode of story telling between DS and BB. Just because it isn't in a swords and sorcery backdrop doesn't mean it's pretentious. It's just different. Try new things once and awhile anon, you might like them.
>>
>>338209504
friendly reminder that ludicrously more people believe witcher 3 was far superior to bloodborne. Friendly reminder bloodnyggers are a tiny minority and rightly ignored by the gaming community at large.

Friendly reminder that by any standard, objective or subjective, these statements are incontrovertible
>>
>>338209329
>I really don't have a point here but when I pack something between words like "le" and "xd" it sounds stupid!
>>
>>338209762

>tldr witcher fags are casual normies

couldnt agree more
>>
>>338209901
>soulsborne fags are elitist casuals desperately seeking validation by pretending to be members of a "sekrit klub"

indeed
>>
>>338209901
Bro I loved BB but Witcher is just leagues ahead of it in everything except combat.
>>
>>338209504
bb zealots are honestly the second worst fanbase on the internet right now, behind blizzard shills, this is coming from a person who enjoyed the game

it's like if you combined the following:

>people who use the term lovecraftian absently to describe things, despite BB's very apparent Lovecraft influences, people use it in conversations mindlessly and can not even begin to comprehend that BB had influences elsewhere
>muh sony, self explanatory really
>muh horror
>muh souls

Honestly, it's sickening.
>>
>>338209636
>>338209798
It's uninspired shit. I really don't care about the dreamscape and what's real and what's not and how one affects the other or why the ayyliens created it and I don't care about babies and muh deep narrative revolving around birth and all of this other garbage that sounds like it was written by a modern art student.

Throw in the overabundance of grotesque elements like blood as a drug procured by the church and ripping umbilical cords out of helpless women and a prostitute giving birth to an eldritch abomination and it just becomes edgy on top of it, for the shock factor and nothing else.
>>
>>338210226

That's a lot of words to say nothing at all, except the part where you contradicted yourself in the use of lovecraftian as a meaningless terms while admitting the game had obvious lovecraft influences.
>>
File: 1457640103312.png (908 KB, 1145x873) Image search: [Google]
1457640103312.png
908 KB, 1145x873
>>338210069
b-b-but combat means everythign! just because w3's combat is an 8/10 and my beloved BB's combat is a 9/10 completely invalidates everything else that makes the game leagues above BB!

DELETE THIS
>>
>>338207635
>generic connections
What does this even mean?
>>
>>338210398

>I didn't care about the games premier plot devices therefore it's uninspired shit.

This is just laziness, pure and simple
>>
>>338210048
owning a bloodborne machine does make you part of a secret club :^)

>>338210069
the games shouldnt be compared. One is a combat focused Roll-simulator that is open to interpretation, story wise. The other is an actual RPG, with a story spoken to your face.

I do believe Bloodborne has had a more memorable impact on the gaming community, discussions are easily provoked. I find it hard to say that about W3.
>>
>>338208550
>DS2 seems to be the only one that spoon feeds you info
No, it really doesn't. The story was made to be ambiguous as possible and it's shit for it. Das1's story is the most obvious.
>>
>>338210398

Sure, you don't care but your opinion is of absolute zero consequence to me. Everything you said sounds cool and interesting, and having played the game I can vouch that it is.

Curious that you would know some in depth items about the lore of the game, I assume that you either played it or have been vehemently shitposting against the game long enough to learn these things. For someone who claims to hate something, your post has multiple indicators that you have some interest in the game. Sour grapes, mayhaps?
>>
>>338210694
Got it backwards. The game's premier plot devices are uninspired shit and therefore I don't care about them.

Everything about the story is cheap fedoracore bait. Apparently it worked. It's the vidya equivalent of a checkout counter magazine.

Combined with the lack of build variety, I got bored with the game quicker than any other Souls title and sold my Ps4 after only two playthroughs. Good riddance.
>>
>>338210398
>uninspired shit
>prefers generic rehashed norse mythology and fantasy setting instead

Shittiest of tastes or salty cuck
>>
>>338211060
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>338210982
Read what I replied to the other guy here >>338211060

At one point I owned a Ps4 and I did play the game and at one point I was extensively interested in the game, but what I got disappointed me. I'd be far less salty about it except for the fact that Dark Souls 3 turned out to be Bloodborne 2, so the disappointment is twofold.
>>
>>338211271
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>338211185
>>338211394
>N-No one who ever owned a Ps4 could ever be dissatisfied with their purchase! You're a liar!

If it helps you sleep at night. Being enough of a shill to make yourself believe that is legitimately saddening, though.
>>
>>338211540
That's fine, its already the highest rated souls game by both critics and users. Stay mad PCuck.
>>
>>338211687
Actually, I'm a complete console plebian. This generation I've owned an Xbone, a Wii-U, and a Ps4. But of all three systems, the Ps4 is the one I ended up selling back.
>>
bloodborne had the potential to be interesting, but the game never really deviates that far from yharnam, in addition, the dream areas in and relation of the dream to the world feel like they were cut somewhere in the development, the game also never fleshes out the great ones that much, to somewhat of a benefit, but also a hindrance, the characters themselves are largely fundamentally less interesting than souls as a result of both the lesser abundance, and the less variable nature of the characters and their involvement with the world.

I also prefer dark souls as a series use of the murky time motif and less rigid world structure, if anything, that's what I would have loved to see in bloodborne, as it fits the eldritch theme lovely, a fantastic example of this is the game eternal darkness, in which the experiences of the game take place over a long time period, and a central character makes use of multiple time lines to achieve a goal, which was both unexpected due to his neutral nature, and a huge twist, as well as a good closer to the game in finality.

I think that they way bloodborne presents it to the player as they go through the game, the various hints, the nightmare areas in the dlc, that is all fairly unparalleled within the souls series, although dark souls 3 does it decently as well.
>>
File: 1463609342852.jpg (86 KB, 680x945) Image search: [Google]
1463609342852.jpg
86 KB, 680x945
>>338211271
>I played Bloodborne and boy did I hate it
>so....
>I decided to purchase Dark Souls 3 and I hated that too!

>I put my finger on my stove and it burned like hell
>so...
>I decided to put my finger in my toaster and that burned like hell too!

>I hated Lord of the Rings so I read the books, watched all 12 hours of the extended director's cut of the movies, and all three Hobbits

I can't understand the thought process. My suggestion is that you start buying things that you actually enjoy and discuss them instead of torturing yourself. You are either very odd or very stupid.
>>
>>338212335
>You are either very odd or very stupid

I'm fine with being labelled both. More than that, I'm a stubborn and hopelessly hopeful person. I was ready to write off Dark Souls 3 as too far down the line, too far detached from its roots, but then I heard about all of the returning stuff from Dark Souls 1 and figured they did a sequel right this time. Got nostalgia baited into a purchase.

Though for what it's worth, I don't really hate the game yet, I just wish the combat wasn't so geared towards light builds and I wish it wasn't so heavy-handed with all of the Bloodborne assets and enemies. I got frenzied in this game, ffs.
>>
>>338208405
Ah, Kos, or some say Kosm.
>>
>>338213006
Do you hear our prayers?
>>
>>338207635
I'm playing this right now. Am I the only person who doesn't find the boss fights fun at all? I get pissed off and die constantly at each one until I finally win, and then I go back to enjoying the next actual level.
>>
>>338214858
Just summon someone to carry your casual tush through them, if you hate it so much.
>>
>>338215036
Kek I'm offline. Haven't fucked with multi at all.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.