[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they fix/break it? Is it worth coming back? Is it still ded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Tribes.jpg (653 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Tribes.jpg
653 KB, 1200x675
Did they fix/break it?
Is it worth coming back?
Is it still ded?
>>
They were retarded for releasing a free to play title with ridiculous system requirements for its release. You don't make a free to play game and then force a paywall through system requirements anyway. This game was destined to be dead as it is because of this braindead decision.
>>
The last patch I played was the last resurrection update. The "Out of the Blue" (LOL LIKE BLU PLATES) one.
Wasn't finished before it flew out the door. New map was missing music, and the game became about everyone playing heavy, while you had one or two lights for flag duty. Devs were on reddit (And only reddit and only rarely) and basically catered a lot to the vocal player base that hasn't stopped playing Tribes games since the Star Siege, which was never good decision.
I don't know if there was another patch, but I gave up hope.
Easily one of my top 5 games ever.

VGRD man, just VGRD.
>>
>>338207431

Actually, a team came back to it next year since they had Smite off their plate and fixed a lot of the problems with it. It's not perfect, but it's definitely in a better shape than it was previously. There should even be people playing it.

The community is a lot smaller, though, and only CTF has a steady playerbase the last time I checked.
>>
pray for this mate
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archetypestudios/midair
>>
>>338208856

>crowdfunding

I'll be praying, all right.
>>
>>338208537
>It's not perfect, but it's definitely in a better shape than it was previously.
Unless they fixed 6 fats and 2 lights final destination, no it is not
>There should even be people playing it.
All 40 of them.
>>
>>338209085

Pretty sure they nerfed fats after the original OOTB update. They weren't even that bad, the real issue was the removal of direct hits and linear falloff.

>all 40 of them.

I guarantee you there are at least double that right now
>>
>>338208856
They finally fixed the no first person thing? Shit that might be something to look forward to now.
>>338209357
>I guarantee you there are at least double that right now
Yeah that's not super surprising either.
How many of them are in the level 10 and under servers?
How many of them are still in 24/7 stonehedge
>>
>>338209626

Hey man, all you need is enough people to fill a server. Compared to an ACTUAL dead game, 80 people is a sizeable crowd.

Unless you're an ausfag or something in which case yeah you're SOL
>>
>>338207989
I played it on release with my shitty laptop though. It was only like 40fps on all low but still playable.
>>
>>338209357
There's 84 people playing right now. Nice.
>>
>>338207989
You realize that wasn't the problem at all?
They released the game, and after a certain period, because they weren't making money hand over fist, they openly refused to update it or fix any problems.
Before that point, it wasn't doing too awfully.

They also had little/no marketing.
>>
>>338210517

They've openly admitted that they fucked up the monetization of the game.

They even promised that they would add cosmetics to the cash shop, and didn't actually do that until the community was rapidly deflating.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.