[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is From Studios a one-hit-wonder? This game was even worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Is From Studios a one-hit-wonder?

This game was even worse than Dark Souls 2. Huge chunks of the game were literally copypasted from Dark Souls, every other boss had a stupid gimmick, I constantly get harassed by twinks ever since they got rid of Soul Memory. And to top it off, they clearly cut out content in order to sell it back to us with the "season pass"

Dark Souls 3 has the be the most disappointing game I've ever played. What the fuck happened to the visionaries that made Dark Souls?
>>
When will shitposters realise that their points are worthless without examples and explanation?
>>
No, they've made a bunch of great games.
>>
>Huge chunks of the game were literally copypasted from Dark Souls
Cite some examples please.
>every other boss had a stupid gimmick
>I constantly get harassed by twinks
Don't use embers then.
>And to top it off, they clearly cut out content in order to sell it back to us with the "season pass"

Poopie posting is against the rules my man.
>>
>>338201538
examples of things cut for the DLC?

Ocelotte
The Demon Prince
Everything involving the Deep
Everything involving the Profaned Flame
The door behind the red eyed Silver Knight in Anal Londo
The door in Ashen Graves that you can't reach
>>
>>338202001
>and explanation
Why are these things so important to the game feeling finished? Why are you calling the first game a masterpiece when it had areas that the developers literally admitted to being unfinished?
>>
>>338202350
because Dark Souls had a bunch or original ideas

DS3 was just another Undead Berg with a church in it
Another forest with a lake in it
Another poisonous swamp
Another catacombs with skellies
Another hidden city with literal Anor Londo sitting on top of it

Not to mention all the copypasted NPCs
>>
>>338202727
> Dark Souls had a bunch or original ideas
Do you not have a PS3 to play DeS?
>>
>>338201319
>I constantly get harassed by twinks ever since they got rid of Soul Memory.

Better then getting harassed by literally no one because of it + Scholar of The First Sin splitting the fanbase further.
>>
>>338202854
thats not even the same series, retard
>>
>>338202001
you cant open that door in anor londo in ds1 either shit head
>>
File: 1455972136366.jpg (35 KB, 380x520) Image search: [Google]
1455972136366.jpg
35 KB, 380x520
>>338203016
So you were shitposting the entire time? Okay.
>>
>>338202001

Yorshka
Dead
Cathedral of the Deep
Profaned Capital
Closed in DaS1 too
What door?
>>
>>338201319
>Is From Studios a one-hit-wonder?
Miyazaki don't like doing sequels
>This game was even worse than Dark Souls 2.
no this is impossible
>Huge chunks of the game were literally copypasted from Dark Souls
its a sequel you dumbass, i want to know what happened with ds1 places
>every other boss had a stupid gimmick,
some bosses were too easy and this sucked
>I constantly get harassed by twinks ever since they got rid of Soul Memory.
literally never happened with me
> And to top it off, they clearly cut out content in order to sell it back to us with the "season pass"
?
>Dark Souls 3 has the be the most disappointing game I've ever played.
you should play dark souls 2
>What the fuck happened to the visionaries that made Dark Souls?
dark souls 3 was not a choice, just like dark souls 2, bandai namco started doing it without the team that made dark souls 1, fuck bandai namco
>>
>>338203016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souls_(series)
>>
>>338203562
>bandai namco started doing it without the team that made dark souls 1
Oh fuck off, you delusional fanboy. Pay attention to the credits. It's 90% the same team.

>>338201319
No, because Demon's Souls and Bloodborne were great too. They're just not great at making sequels.
>>
>>338201319
BB was a solid game, but I think it's safe to say that Dark Souls is a great, but flawed, series. Every entry has massive problems, with DeS having the least, though unfortunately that game hasn't really stood the test of time.

Regardless it's one of my favorite series ever, though I have to say I enjoyed DaS3 the least and it felt like it got old rather fast.
>>
>>338201319
I soured to it pretty quickly myself.

At the end of the day DARK SOULS GAMES ARE NOT FUN.
>>
File: bait.webm (184 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
184 KB, 960x540
>>338203838
>It's 90% the same team.
you are not even trying
>what is bloodborne?
>>
>>338201319
>This game was even worse than Dark Souls 2.

Stopped reading there. Great meme.
>>
>>338201319
>gimmick bosses are bad

I want this stupid meme to die. Tryhards need to stop
>>
>>338204062
>worse weapon balance
>worse armor balance (lol poise)
>worse spell balance
>worse covenants
>worse bosses (although DS2 still had too many for no good reason)
>just as bad stage design (lol giant capital being underneath a fucking dungeon)

What exactly did DS3 do better? It sure as hell wasn't gameplay. I guess the NPCs were kinda okay?
>>
>>338204416
>What exactly did DS3 do better? It sure as hell wasn't gameplay. I guess the NPCs were kinda okay?
It referenced DaS1 more and had a few interesting plot points and antagonists.

For all it's flaws, DaS2 really ended up having the best NPCs, with Aldia, Vendrick, and the DLC in general somehow carrying the entire game.
>>
>>338201319
>Armored Core
>Bloodborne
>America: The Video Game

From Soft is hardly a one-trick pony.

Dark Souls wasn't even a one-hit-wonder, it was the product of years of game development that played with the game's formula. The entirety of the King's Field series and other shit like Eternal Ring was all build up to Demon's Souls which then led to Dark Souls. Hardly a shocking revelation.

DS3 is still good too. Doesn't bring a whole lot of new things to the table but it's a sequel that takes a lot of good things from it's predecessors.

It's a flawed game but it's hardly bad. To say that Dark Souls was a stroke of genius is a statement that disrespects everything the company is worked for though.
>>
>>338204416
>comparing balance in a game at release, against a game that needed a year's worth of patches

you're a special kind of retard

>worse boss fights
>just as bad stage design
now you're just memeing
>>
>>338204620
DS2 had pretty dull NPCs for the most part

Vendrick and Aldia didn't even talk until the DLC
>>
>>338204416
>just as bad stage design
This is b8

Just look at OPs image. You can literally see the entire game, laid out in a way that makes sense spatially
>>
>>338205985
That's kinda why I said the DLC somehow carried the entire game.

We just need to wait and see if DaS3 can be so lucky.
>>
>>338202001

Ocelotte's death was probably cut at the last minute for being too edgy

It's not some mysterious DLC tease, they probably had all that shit planned out in pre-production
>>
>>338201319

More like a critical hit wonder

The fanbase has been comparably cancerous to ponies and furfags
>>
File: image.png (890 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
890 KB, 1136x640
>>338201319
before game release
>YES
>they removed soul memory \ Kappa /

after game release
>WHAT THE FUCK
>IM GETTING INVADED BY LEVELS 3000

take that you fucking faggot memers, i knew removing it would be a bad idea

BB > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3 > DaS
>>
File: hot a what baabhabhiat.png (166 KB, 220x366) Image search: [Google]
hot a what baabhabhiat.png
166 KB, 220x366
>>338208135
>\ Kappa /

get out
>>
>>338201319
>das2
>better than anything
>>
>>338208270
why didnt the emote show up?
>>
File: photo.jpg (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
3 KB, 100x100
>>338201319
No, they just really, really, really need to move on from Souls already, and thankfully that seems to be exactly what they're doing according to Miyazaki.

I'm confident that, if their next game will truly be something different, not just the same style of combat translated into another setting (Bloodborne) it will be truly great. Not that Bloodborne wasn't great, but another Bloodborne surely wouldn't excite me even half as much.

I wonder what that new IP would be...
Another action game but with completely different gameplay dynamics? Maybe a turn based tactical game?

Anyways, with the old Tenchu games, Kings Field 2, Demon's Souls they've proven that they're pretty capable. And their one of the biggest studios nowadays to work under a directors vision instead of taking the "design by committee" approach that other trash AAA companys like Ubisoft and EA are practicing.
>>
>>338208135
this entire post has been scientifically designed in a lab to be gay.
>>
what the fuck.. am i reading..
>>
>>338202001
Employ this reasoning to DS1 too

Knight King Rendal
All the gods that fled Anor Londo
Everything involving any outside kingdom referenced besides Oolacile
The random shit you can't reach all over

I'm not defending the practice I'm just saying there's "missing" shit all over due to the vague nature of the games.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is bad because it's deliberately designed to be hard, Miyazaki even said so.

There's a difference between a game being difficult and a game being deliberately made to be hard. You could get better at Dark 1. You could get better at Bloodborne. Your difficulty playing either of those games depended on your ability to learn and execute. But tons of enemies and most of the bosses of Dark 3 are designed, mechanically, to be completely obnoxious, relentless assholes. They have bullshit attacks that FORCE you into doing the sole safe action to mitigate or prevent the damage you take from them and fuck you if you decide to do anything different, because the attack was MADE to fuck you over if you do. You can't dodge without being poked by fire against the second phase Abyss Watchers no matter how good your dodge timing is, so you just beat it by circling around it at point blank range and facefucking it with a one-handed sword because this isn't an actual boss, it's a normal enemy with its artificial difficulty modifiers turned up. The rest of the game's bosses are total jokes, when they aren't literally gimmick fights you can easily beat them by exploiting the same gimmick which is probably just a mechanical oversight on the part of the developers. You wait so fucking long for openings to exploit against the enemies in this game that I'm fucking surprised that they didn't stoop low enough to give every boss a mini AoE after each one of their attacks, they just decided to be generous and give them all either some variation of homing soulmass, and the ones that don't have that all have some type of obnoxious post-attack attack that completely breaks the flow of the fight and causes the player to turtle even fucking longer while waiting for an opening.
>>
>>338208135
>take that you fucking faggot memers, i knew removing it would be a bad idea
You're retarded
You'll always be retarded

all From had to do to make Soul Memory work was base it on the Souls spent instead of Souls earned

DS2 Soul Memory is still the worst matchmaking method by far. It doesn't measure character progression at all.
>>
>>338210475
>DS2 Soul Memory is still the worst matchmaking method by far. It doesn't measure character progression at all.
It's still better than almost, literally, not measure character progression at all, which is what DaS3 seems to be doing.
>>
Dark Souls 1 players are just unnecessarily religious about the first game. They can't even handle the fact that DaS has the worst second half of any game in the "franchise," the blandest soundtrack of the franchise, with most of the highs of the game being copy pasted from Demons Souls without a lot of the charm of DeS.

Let's not forget Dark Souls 1 also has the single worst boss of the entire franchise as well.
>>
>>338210997
Have to agree, DaS1 really isn't that incredible, it's just a solid and enjoyable game, but has some really glaring flaws.
>>
>>338209916
>Dark Souls 3 is bad because it's deliberately designed to be hard
Yet it's the easiest in the series?

You can pretty much sanic your way through nearly every boss encounter in 1-2 attempts.
>>
>>338201319
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FromSoftware_video_games
>>
>>338209916
Every difficult game is going to be deliberately made to be hard. It's impossible for developers to make a hard game accidentally unless they don't know what the fuck they're doing and don't have any playtesters. Why is it always the Soulsfags that make this retarded distinction? It's even worse because your post would be just fine without it, since it goes into the issues you had with enemy design and pace of combat.
>>
>>338212442
The problem is that Dark Souls 1 added a lot to the series which could have been built on. But instead the devs insist on getting rid of the things that made Dark Souls 1 an evolution and just went back to the Demon's Souls design principle while making it a million times worse.
>>
>>338201319

>This game was even worse than Dark Souls 2

Stopped right there.
>>
>>338201319
>Dark Souls 3 has the be the most disappointing game I've ever played.
I think you're exaggerating.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.