[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are these remakes? Gen 3 was my favorite.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7
How are these remakes? Gen 3 was my favorite.
>>
Worth it but no Battle Frontier.
>>
>>338193414
Worst Poekmon games to date.
>>
RS with a new coat of paint a more content, basically.
>>
>>338193414
Emerald > ORAS
>>
>>338193414
best pokemon remake to date
>>
>>338193760
Besides the Battle Frontier? Nope. ORAS is significantly the better game. You cannot prove me wrong.
>>
>>338193414
Better than Ruby and Sapphire but worse than Emerald and HGSS.
>>
Just stick with Emerald.
>>
Go for them anon. I did really enjoy them. I liked to see the long routes of Hoenn rendered in 3d. I feared that they would shorten them due to the ones on XY being really short, but its not the case.

Also dig the new May design.
>>
>>338193781
Definitely not. They're the first remakes to actually exclude a feature from the original games.
But that doesn't mean they're bad, far from that actually. I found things like soaring Hoenn with Latios and using the dexnav pretty damn great. Not to mention they were made in only one year, and I think GF did a pretty good job considering they had such little time.
>>
>>338193414
Never got around to finish it, beat ruby/emerald like 10 times back in the day but this remake was so shitty, I dont know why but it felt easy as fuck (not like pokemon is hard but still) the region felt weird for some reason and I lost interest.

Should I give it another try?
>>
>>338194774
HeartGold and SoulSilver excluded room decorating.
>>
Kinda shitty. Too easy and lacks the cool things from Emerald.
>>
>>338193852
> Muh Opinions.
Enjoy your lack of a challenging extra mode at endgame, friendo.
>>
>>338196187
>Should I give it another try?
you should just go back to youtube
>>
>>338193414
Trash.

No online contests.

Mauville gets fucked up

No gym rematches

No battle frontier

No postgame
>>
>>338197218
Show us your trophies, anon.
>>
As someone whose favorite gen is gen 3, this game really broke my heart. It's hand holdy, easy, and almost near unrecognizable. As soon as I stepped into Mauville I knew there was no saving it. Then the next tipping point was when you get a free latias/latios before the fortree gym.

There will never be a game as good as bw2 ever again.
>>
>>338197350
No game has had a decent post-game ever since HGSS. Besides, at least the Delta Episode was pretty cool and better than the post-game of XY anyway
>>
>>338197350
>i don't like the postgame
>thus it has none
>>
>>338194112
What the fuck. They indeed shorten them, they're not all one seamless map which is fucking terrible.
>>
>>338197610
>There will never be a game as good as bw2 ever again.
>It's hand holdy, easy
huh
>>
>>338197647
>Delta Episode
>run around to the same places fight the same team aqua.magma admins
>learn the story of some OC donut steel
>babbies first sky pillar
>Rayquaza and Deoxys with a catch rate for retarded children
>no battle frontier
>>
>>338197647
Black2/White2 had the best postgame out of any pokemon game ever.

>>338197350
>Mauville gets fucked up

Mauville in ORAS was alright, the rest is true. Why the fuck couldn't they include all the shit they had in Emerald?
>>
>>338197324
?? what do you mean really?
>>
>>338197870
I am referring to the lore of the Delta Episode. Its multiple references and aligning R/S/E with it was pretty cool. I was disappointed with no BF either, but fuck it, the games are almost 2 years old now and the wait is on for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>338197702
It doesn't have one retard.

Delta episode is 30 minutes.

Catching all the legendaries you already own? Whoop de doo
>>
>>338197912
>legendaries
>battle tower with cool sprites
>shorter battle tower
>trainer tower dungeon
Meh.
>>
In terms of making online teams its the best
>>
>>338197912
Crystal also had stuff that Gold and Silver didn't get but Crystal also got no remake - Not that it matters because Crystal overall wasn't that popular.

But here they miscalculated resulting into the mess that we got.
Gold and Silver were already pretty good. Ruby and Saphire needed Emerald to become truly great.
>>
>>338198054
So "Emerald is good" is a meme because according to you it has no postgame outside legendaries?
>>
>>338198296
Are you fucking stupid? Emerald has the battle frontier
>>
>>338196320
Sorry, I didn't know that. But I think you can't really compare room decorating with such a major feature like the battle frontier. To make things worse, GF didn't even try to replace it with something worthwhile, they just copied and pasted XY's Battle Maison.
>>
Ruby and Sapphire were mediocre as fuck and barely anyone liked them when they got released as well.

Though that was mainly because everyone expected Gen 3 to feature the regions of Gen 2 and Gen 1 as well because Gold and Silver let you revisit Kanto.

But overall RandS simply were pretty lacklusterish compared to Gold and Silver. Emerald fixed the biggest issues by letting you do more with the world.
>>
>>338198376
It doesn't count. You didn't count the Battle Resort which is the same fucking thing but less varied.

>but anon the BF is better and wasn't in a game before Emerald
Indeed. But by this logic HGSS's Frontier also shouldn't be praised.
>>
take it from someone who's favorite is emerald

they are straight up shit. It's the only pokemon game I didn't buy (inb4 how do you know its shit if you didn't play it xDDDD)

the battle frontier, which is hundreds of hours of fun gameplay, is replaced with a shitty glorified battle tower and a 1.5 hour episode delta. The gameplay is casualized (like, even moreso than average pokemon), the balance is shitted on with the new primals/mega rayquaza, no gym leader rematches, mauvile city got shitted on
>>
>>338198078
>legendaries

Legendaries that aren't handed to you and have cool story reasons for appearing
>battle tower with cool sprites

PWT letting you throw down with every gym leader and Champ with highly competitive teams
>shorter battle tower

The subway was an element of the last game that they brought back
>trainer tower dungeon

White Tree Hollow or Black Skyscraper are two of the most rigorous, demanding chanlleges in pokemon games to date, and you actually EARN the prize you receive at the end.

And on top of all that we got Super Bosses like Red in N,Cynthia, and Colress postgame.
>>
>no battle frontier
>wasn't replaced with anything nearly as good

you CANNOT defend this. If try to, you are a troll/false-flagger. A fucking game that came out 10 years ago is better than a remake, holy shit.
>>
>People still play pokemon for pve
Kek
>>
>>338198159
yet even this aside, the stuff in crystal was in HG/SS

fuck gamefreak, I was waiting so long for the stuff from emerald to come back
>>
>>338199097
>competitive Pokemon

kys
>>
Heartgold/Soulsilver are objectively the best pokemon games ever made.
>>
>>338197912
eh, I'd say B2/W2 post game is tied with emerald, if not a bit worse. The emerald frontier is just too good
>>
File: pokemon trinity.png (632 KB, 1012x927) Image search: [Google]
pokemon trinity.png
632 KB, 1012x927
>>338199209
one of the best, yeah
>>
>>338199373
This is objectively correct
>>
>>338198997
>Legendaries that aren't handed to you and have cool story reasons for appearing
Yes, i too enjoy legendaries appear out of nowhere and run off. Such a deep part in the story. "Cresselia is on a bridge because lel". Nice.

>PWT letting you throw down with every gym leader and Champ with highly competitive teams
Battle tower with cool sprites. Shorter, too.

>White Tree Hollow or Black Skyscraper are two of the most rigorous, demanding chanlleges in pokemon games to date, and you actually EARN the prize you receive at the end
While i did enjoy, what? No. Unless you go there immediately after defeating the E4. That way it is challenging.
>>
>>338198657
It isn't the same thing. Maison is just one facility you fucking moron. There was no variety.
>>
>>338199145
Because Crystal added fucking nothing, Emerald was like a different game altogether. I too miss it but be serious for once.
>>
>>338199373
>Black/White 2 where Platinum should be
>>
>>338199617
it's not like emerald added much either

all they had to do was copypasta the frontier into 3D and gym leader rematches. Not hard.
>>
>>338199578
>it doesn't count because i say so
Okay.

>go via boat to an island where you can get a few new Pokemon and fight in Battle Tower-like facilities to get prizes
>>
>>338199763
There is no variety. Eat shit.
>>
>>338193414
It's decent
>>
>>338194774
>Exclude from the original games
>Ruby and Sapphire
>Battle Frontier
>????
>>
>>338199373
The taste of tastes
>>
>>338193414
Subpar. Makes me wonder if the only reason why I like RSE is nostalgia.
>>
>>338199664
too slow even after speeding up D/P, sinnoh sucks ass till the post game areas, ost is not on par with gen 2/3/5
>>
>>338199763
I'm gonna chime in here and say that the battle tower and maison cannot be compared, The facilities were way more varied in the Battle Frontier because each had a gimmick unique to them. The most you could do in the Maison is choose from the various battle styles, which the battle frontier let you do anyway with the exception of post gen 3 battle styles (Rotation,Triple)
>>
>>338199732
>it's not like emerald added much either
Are you high?
(major things)
It changed the story and how you fight the evil teams.
It changed all of the teams of important characters.
It added a ton of new zones.
It changed some Pokemon's locations and generally changed other shit

What Crystal did:
(major things)
Eusine
>>
>>338200110
nah emerald is a far better game than OR/AS
>>
>>338200250
>changed the story
crystal added a subplot with that douche chasing suicine

>changed all the teams
wew adding a pokemon to a team is hard, especially when they can use the same teams from emerald

>added ton of new zones
battle frontier, that's it. If they could make a brand new battle resort, it shouldn't have been a problem copypasting BF in

>it changed some pokemon locations
literally almost 0 time coding/resources

>and generally changed other shit
no
>>
>>338199878
>it doesn't count because i say so
Okay.

>go via boat to an island where you can get a few new Pokemon and fight in Battle Tower-like facilities to get prizes

>>338200184
Of course BF was more varied. But what i'm saying is that in the end both are fight X trainers to fight Y boss and get Z prize. BF has 7 badges in E and 5 in DPPHGSS while XYORAS has 5 trophies each.
Disliking Maison is natural, but don't go and say one counts and the other doesn't when they're the same thing.
>>
>>338200167
>ost
>gen 5
>good

woah there buddy, it maybe had a few select good tracks but nothing crazy beside maybe N's castle and route 10
>>
>>338193667
XY and DP exist.
>>
>>338193414
Does anyone think it's a possibility to have an emerald remake? I was thinking to skip oras and move from XY directly to SunMoon. Considering the deserved fame Emerald had, is there a chance they're gonna remake it just after SM?
>>
>>338200595
gen 5's ost was definitely a lot better than 4's. A lot of the good music in gen 4 is confined to battles/events that occur only a few times throughout the game. The OST of cities/routes and areas are definitely better in gen 5.

>>338200673
XY at least had the excuse of having to model over 700 pokemon for the first time in 3D, add megas, add all those clothes, etc. OR/AS has no excuse

and yeah DP is ass, worst pokemon games. Thank god platinum exists
>>
>>338197218
>pokemon
>challenging
Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks dude I needed the laugh. I honestly hope you arent older than 18 hahahah.
>>
>>338200817
I pray that one day we get delta emerald, or at least BF DLC in OR/AS.
>>
>>338200272
It was my mistake adding emerald to that list. I should have said it makes me wonder if I only like RS because of nostalgia.
>>
>>338200014
HGSS had various elements from Crystal. There was literally no reason for Game Freak not to include the Battle Frontier in ORAS. Let's not forget HGSS had it when there wasn't even one in GSC.
>>
I honestly don't like going back to Emerald. I know people will shit on me hard for this but I just don't find it that much harder outside of the twins. The earlygame feels the same, I don't give a fuck if you fight both evil teams at least I like reading ORAS dialogue, and besides Maxie and Archie were shit back then too. At least now Archie packs a mean STAB Crunch, even if he's still crap. I don't get how you guys keep saying Emerald feels like a totally new game, it feels like a slightly improved RS until you get to the Battle Frontier.

Meanwhile at least ORAS gave me two of my favorite features in the series and Pokemon that have level up movepools that didn't fucking suck.

I mean they were still disappointing, don't get me wrong but anyone who says these are godawful while Emerald is awesome either holds way too big of a grudge over the Battle Frontier or is a moron.

Also fuck you I like the new Mauville.
>>
>>338200534
>crystal added a subplot with that douche chasing suicine
What subplot? You talk to him and battle him once. Literally nothing and doesn't affect the game in any way.

>wew adding a pokemon to a team is hard, especially when they can use the same teams from emerald
Yey Crystal didn't even do that.

>battle frontier, that's it
..and the legendary caves...and the Mirage Tower...and the Battle Tents...and Altering Cave...and the expanded Safari Zone...and a completely new Team Magma hideout...and Trainer Hill...

>literally almost 0 time coding/resources
Yet Crystal didn't do that, outside maybe Magmar and Sneasel.

Crystal is a worthless game. Even fucking Yellow changed more.
>>
>>338200924
Yeah I can see that, when I think about gen 4 it's always Gym, E4, Champion and the battle frontier brains theme.Oh and Dialga and Palkia have my favorite legendary mascot tune in from any gen.
>>
>>338201116
Copypasting doesn't take any effort, dude.
>>
>>338193414
Hate 'em. A hack of Emerald with all 720 pokemon and a special split would blow it out of the water.
>>
>>338201029
>DLCs

No. Never. DLCs are a desease. Don't give them ideas
>>
>>338201394
it's either that or OR/AS stays a steaming pile of shit

OR/AS was created as a reaction to all the demand matsuda got on social media, so hopefully we can get delta emerald or something along the lines of that. I don't see it being too farfetched because the main series doesn't do third versions anymore (at least not for now) so they can delegate it onto OR/AS
>>
File: 1452846131615.jpg (95 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1452846131615.jpg
95 KB, 447x444
>>338200817
I'm not sure I want an emerald remake. ORAS looked like vomit and you just know that they'er gonna force that fucking garbage Zinnia plot.
>>
>>338201168
Crystal added the Battle Tower, animations for all the Pokemon, the female protagonist, Buena's Password, the Suicune story, the Dragon Shrine stuff, the extra stuff at the Ruins of Alph, revamped map graphics, and the move tutor. And the cell phone terminal, but that was Japan-only. Yellow added changed Pokemon graphics, some new trainer teams and graphics, revamped map graphics, extra events for starters, Jessie and James events, and the Pikachu surfing game.
>>
background lore they gave to the mauville holdings co. was really cool and surprisingly subtle for something like pokemon
>>
File: sensible chuckle spiritomb.png (160 KB, 328x305) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle spiritomb.png
160 KB, 328x305
>>338202467
>>
File: ORAS Wally background.png (351 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
ORAS Wally background.png
351 KB, 800x480
>>338193414
They're shit, don't bother unless you have the ability to pirate and you're really curious about Wally (they did him and May both a lot better than RSE) or the scene where you ride Rayquaza into space.
>>
>>338202467
This was literally the only thing that was objectively improved upon with the remakes.

Sea Mauville >>> Sunken Ship
>>
>>338201930
I fucking love this image.
>>
>>338198159
Crystal didn't get a remake because HGSS included everything from Crystal except the Odd Egg and the in-game Celebi event (I blame the latter on them never releasing the Arceus event; at least we get Giovanni in its place so it's not all bad).
>>
>>338202932
i love the one where the chihuahua has its tongue outside and is looking up
>>
>>338201564
I don't think we're gonna get Delta Emerald. They could have done so with Z with X/Y too, but they moved on to Sun and Moon.
>>
>>338203043
There were also parts of the Suicune story that were left out. The explanation of the Burned Tower legend and the battle with Suicune in Ecruteak City don't happen.
>>
>>338193414
They weren't bad but they were objectively worse than Pokemon Emerald
>>
>>338203424
I'll give you the explanation of the tower, but the Suicune battle was just moved to Kanto, it still retains the music and everything.
>>
>>338202591
Whats the best team to run this dickass pokemon in?
>>
>>338193414
its good. if hoenn was your favorite you will prob feel very nostalgic when you hear the remixed music. also things like the super training, amie, and the new dexnav just add to it. go for it.
>>
>>338204779
>if hoenn was your favorite you will prob feel very nostalgic when you hear the remixed music

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZUBRfdKB8

*snap* *snap*
>>
>>338204779
I very, very strongly recommend NOT touching Super Training or Amie for your in-game team. Amie, Super Training, and the Gen 6 Exp. Share cumulatively ruined my XY playthrough and they function the same in ORAS. If you're going to play the game (which I don't recommend), turn off the Exp. Share and avoid these two things if you want a chance at remotely having fun.
>>
File: 1454362621744.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454362621744.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>mfw Steven didn't say Now Bring it!
How do you fuck up so bad?
>>
They're alright games but disappointing because barely anything was taken from Emerald--only the Wallace Champion fight and the neutered Sky Pillar from Emerald's main-game both show up in the chunk of post-game story--and they even lazed out on a few things from the original RS, for example the New Mauville side dungeon is totally gutted which is particularly painful because the small room that remains has great atmosphere now but there's nothing there, and the last Trick House challenge was gutted of its trainers for whatever reason. There's some other changes that will really bother some people--Pokeblocks being an automatic thing instead of a minigame for the sake of convenience, or the Game Corner being gutted worldwide for the same reasons it was in PAL versions of Platinum and replaced with Voltorb Flip in non-Japanese or Korean versions of HGSS.

Pretty much every change to RS main-game or addition made mechanically is great though. DexNav is one of the best mechanics in the series. I'd say it's on par with Emerald overall with each having their own strengths and weaknesses, but it definitely doesn't overcome it.

>>338205246
EXP Share isn't that bad in XY if you ignore Amie and Super Training, but it does ruin ORAS if used more than sparingly.
>>
File: 1457572983559.png (9 KB, 446x399) Image search: [Google]
1457572983559.png
9 KB, 446x399
>credits after you beat the elite four
>>
>>338207782
>The credits will forever be ruined for me because i beat steven with a skitty
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.