[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother to play through this or should I just straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: witcher_enhanced_ed.jpg (238 KB, 836x1183) Image search: [Google]
witcher_enhanced_ed.jpg
238 KB, 836x1183
Should I bother to play through this or should I just straight to the second one, which I heard is when the series became not shit?
>>
>>338191892
They are wrong, the first one is way much better than 2. TW2 has shitty story and horrendous combat.
>>
>>338192483
I don't see how TW2's combat could be worse than TW1's.
>>
>>338191892
It's not fun at all.
>>
>>338191892
TW1 is the best fucking game in the series.
Heck, it's been the only one that I've genuinely enjoyed. I replayed it 3 times in a row!

>>338192717
It just is.
It's clunky as fuck, the whole game is literally consolized and trying to appeal to DaS fans, with much more unresponsible controls. You can't drink potions mid-fight anymore, so you're left running and rolling around, waiting for your HP to regenerate, as Geralt's become one massive bitch who's lost his moves.

>>338192963
Fuck off. It's one of the most engaging and atmospheric, true CRPGs in recent history.
>>
>>338192717
2's combat is a shitty Souls knockoff

1's is Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I've made my case.
>>
>>338191892
its boring as shit, like reading a book except you have to force yourself through obtuse menus and shitty rhythm combat to get the slightest bit of mediocre story.
>>
Pirate it and give it a try. It's a hit or miss for a lot of people.
>>
>>338193145
Don't you dare dragging down Rhythm Heaven down to this
>>
>>338193203
>have to force anything
>boring
this is the generation of ""gamers"" ruining gaming for good.
>>
well the game is about story and W1 introduces you to the world of the witcher, if you want to meet dandelion for the first time in flotsam in act 1 in TW2 with no clue as to who he is go ahead
>>
>>338193324
you have to force it because witcher 1 isnt fun in the slightest.
>>
File: 1462611595731.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462611595731.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>338191892
>which I heard is when the series became not shit?

The Witcher series is literally THE most overrated piece of shit franchise in the history of gaming.
The story is mediocre and uninteresting, the gameplay is the worst out of any RPG out there, your choices are meaningless, the characters are boring and laughable and most of the time annoying as hell, and the graphics have gotten worse with each game.

I don't know why people think the games are good and I don't know how they've convinced people to give them good reviews.
It just proves more and more that the whole "GOTY" thing is a bullshit sham
>>
I think the real question here is, how much do the previous games choices affect the story of the sequels if at all?
>>
The second one was too "epic cinematic experience!" for me.
>>
File: akusairastaa.png (6 KB, 440x321) Image search: [Google]
akusairastaa.png
6 KB, 440x321
>>338194218
>that Kayran fight
>>
>>338192717
TW2's combat is better than TW3.
>>
>>338191892
There are people who defend the first part to the death and I never understood them.
I'm in the Witcher series for the fantastic story and the characters. Both are a LOT stronger in the 2nd and 3rd game.
>>
you are now aware that everyone in witcher 3 have same face
>>
File: 1447371265909.jpg (21 KB, 148x255) Image search: [Google]
1447371265909.jpg
21 KB, 148x255
>>338193804
>your choices are meaningless
>the characters are boring and laughable
I get that you guys are somehow angry at The Witcher, but why do you have to straight out lie?
Its really pathetic.
>>
>>338194687
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the hate over the series
>>
>>338195107
Contrarianfags who came here during TORtanic thinking thats what this board is all about.
>>
>>338194091
>>338194687
TW1 and TW2 barely matter in TW3. The only major decision that transfers over to TW3 is if you killed Letho at the end of 2 even Henselt dies offscreen if you spare him in TW2
Most npcs who were present during TW1 and TW2 barely mention events during the game and the only big throwback to TW1 was the letter you get from Alvin.
The games did a shit job at making the previous games and the novels feel important or relevant.
>>
>>338191892
You should at least give it a try before playing the rest of the series. I never finished it myself due to the combat, but I've heard great things about it if you're able to enjoy the combat and look past the dated graphics and UI. Personally I'm a huge fan of TW2. Haven't had time to finish TW3 tho, something with that game just rubbed me the wrong way and as I've gotten older I don't have time for mediocrity.
>>
>>338197723
That is true, however the choices in TW2 (the only one I've finished) have great impact on the story within that specific game. I agree CDPR could've done better, but I'm still impressed by their decision to make Act 2 completely different based on your choices in Act 1. It was a bold choice considering most people only bother finishing games once.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.